The Failed Cake Baking Practical

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was six in the morning the next day when XO High’s basketball team met up for practice. Kris made everyone warm up by running two miles around the track.

“This hurts!” Tao complained as he had bruises all over his back and stomach from the brawl the night before. His friends agreed as they limped around the track.

“All right, everyone divide into two teams and play a practice game,” Kris said as he left for the equipment room. “I’m going to go take the different colored jerseys.” As expected, X High split from O High.

When Luhan walked closely to Tao’s group, Kai smirked, “Back up.”

“No one needs you to be so close to us,” Xiumin added.

Another verbal fighting session ensued.

 “Why don’t you chill, baozi?” Chen smirked.

“Oh, I am chill. What makes you think I’m not?”

“Maybe it’s you guys who need to chill,” Kai snickered.

“Oh, you guys are asking for it,” Lay glared.

“What? What? What are we asking for?” Baekhyun stepped forward.

“You know,” Chanyeol flicked Baekhyun’s shoulder with his finger.

“Don’t touch me!” Baekhuyn glared.

Tao shoved Chanyeol backwards, “Back off.”

“Or what?” Chanyeol smirked.

“Or this,” Sehun swung his arm and hit Chanyeol’s lip injury from the night before. Chanyeol howled in pain as everyone surged forward with their swinging fists.

“You guys!” Suho and Kyungsoo tried to pull the members away.

 “Tao!” Baekhyun screamed as Chanyeol picked him up.

Tao sighed and decided to pull out his moves. Time to put his wushu into good use. Sort of. Tao ran forward and began to throw kicks and punches as Kris was coming out.

“What the hell is going on?” Kris ran over and dragged a kicking and punching Tao away. Tao swung wildly and hit Kris in the face. A deathly silence passed the court as Tao gulped. Kris looked at his totally beat up members and dragged Tao to the wall. Kris slammed Tao against the wall, “What. The hell. Is going. On.”

Tao was breathing hard from the adrenaline rush he received from the fight earlier, “Why don’t you ask your team members?”

“We’re all part of the same team now!” Kris growled as he tightened his hold on Tao’s shoulder, pressing Tao closer to the wall.

Tao winced at the pain he was receiving, “Let go!”

Kris loosened his grip and Tao wriggled out of his grasp.

“You know what?” Tao said as we walked to his friends, “I think I’m done for today. I think we’re all done.” Tao left with Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Xiumin in tow.

The rest of the members were groaning on the floor. “Damn! That Tao guy is crazy!” Chanyeol whined.

“I’m in pain,” Luhan sniffled.

“Did anyone know he knows martial arts or kung fu or something?” Lay clutched onto his arm.

“Wushu,” Suho gently clarified as he left the court.

“You help them and I’ll help the others,” Suho whispered to Kyungsoo, who ran off to get the medical kits.

“I don’t want to be on the same team as them,” Luhan pouted.

“Yeah! Our captain is the captain of this team!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“We should kick them off and get our old members back!” Chen added.

Kris sighed as he looked at his injured members. He wasn’t sure what to do at that point.

******************************

On Monday morning, Kris showed up early to practice, but only his friends and the two managers showed up.

“Does that mean I can go back to sleep?” Chanyeol asked hopefully.

“Yeah, my whole body hurts!” Luhan whined.

“Me too,” Lay added.

Chen caressed his cheek and lip, “That Xiumin is crazy when he starts flinging his fist around.”

Kris glared at all of them, “What is going on?”

Kyungsoo took out his clipboard and marked X’s for absents, “Am I still taking roll?”

“We need to make the teams work together,” Suho suggested.

“We don’t need to,” Lay said drily.

Suho glared at Lay, “Of course we do.”

“We don’t need them on our team Kris!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

Kris glared at his remaining team members, “Warm up for practice.”

“What?” Luhan whined. “I’m still in pain!” The others complained as well, but Kris gave them a

Please log in to read the full chapter