Babe

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tao groaned when he felt the sun streaming through his windows. He opened his eyes to see Kris’ face close to his own.

“Ah!” Tao screamed as he sat up, bumping their two heads together. “What are you doing here!”

Mrs. Huang poked her head into Tao’s room, “Your boyfriend is here to pick you up for basketball practice.”

“What?!” Tao exclaimed. “What practice?!”

“I sent it out this morning,” Kris pointed to his phone.

“And I knew you wouldn’t be up until late, so here I am.”

“Ugh!” Tao squealed as he pulled the covers over his head. “It’s breeeaaaakkk!!!”

Kris pulled off the covers, “Come on, Tao. Get up, it’s noon already.”

“But it’s breeeaaakkk!” Tao tried to pull the covers back up. Suddenly, the place grew silent and Tao slightly pulled the covers down, blinking groggily.

Kris smirked as he leaned down until his face was beside Tao’s. “Wake up, babe,” Kris whispered into Tao’s ear.

Tao screamed as he pushed Kris away and bolted off the mattress. Kris shrugged as he sat down on Tao’s bed to wait for Tao to get ready.

******************************

Tao grumbled as he and Kris set out.

“Have fun, dears!” Mrs. Huang called out after Kris and Tao.

“Thanks, Mrs. Huang!” Kris said back.

Tao kicked the street and stomped off.

“Hey, slow down, Tao!” Kris said as he ran to catch up with Tao. Kris smiled at Tao’s grumbling. “Don’t be too mad. We’ll only practice for a few days before and after Christmas. Not much, okay?”

Tao glared at Kris, “Not fair. We never practiced over the holidays or breaks.”

Kris ruffled Tao’s hair, “Well, that was you back then. This is now. And I’m the captain of this basketball team.”

Tao pouted, “You’re such an ah – ” Tao looked away immediately. No way was he going call Kris that.

“A what?” Kris asked playfully.

“Nothing,” Tao muttered.

“Haha, you’re such a cute panda.”

Tao blushed a crimson red, “Wh-what do you mean by th-that!”

“And you know what you can call me?”

“N-no!”

Kris leaned down to Tao’s ear and whispered, “Babe~”

Tao shrieked and pushed Kris away, “ert!”

“Why would I be a ert, babe?”

“I’m not your babe!”

“Come on. You don’t like panda, I don’t like . Only one thing to do.”

Tao quickly stomped away.

“New nicknames, babe!” Kris yelled after Tao.

“Shut up!” Tao yelled as he hurried away.

Tao spotted Baekhyun, Xiumin, and Sehun who was holding hands with Luhan and ran over them.

“Why so red faced?” Xiumin smiled.

“Someone’s on lovey dovey nickname calling base!” Baekhyun trilled.

“Shut up!” Tao blushed. “We’re not!”

“By the way,” Baekhyun glanced at Sehun and Luhan’s hands. “You do know that you’re letting go to practice, right?”

Sehun shrugged. Luhan blushed, “Ah, we don’t always umm ahh, hold hands.”

Xiumin laughed, “Suurreee.”

******************************

“I see you,” Chen chuckled as he walked beside Kris.

“What?” Kris grumbled.

“Baaaaaabe~!” Kai sang as he skipped forward.

Chanyeol guffawed, “Oh, that’s priceless! You? Calling Tao, babe?!”

Lay joined in, “Ah, so funny. You guys are actually going out now?”

“No,” Kris mumbled.

“What, are we all shy now?” Kai poked Kris.

“Just… Not yet,” Kris said as he rubbed his nose.

“Ooohh!!!” Chanyeol yelled out. “Someone’s in lurrveee!”

“Shut it, Yeol. Worry about your Baekhyun first,” Kris said, making Chanyeol flush.

******************************

Practice that day as well as the continuing days went relatively well as there was less dissonance among the members. Kris was also going relatively easy on s because it was winter break after all.

It was the day before Christmas Eve and unluckily for the

Please log in to read the full chapter