Stupid

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

 “Alright team. We’re done,” Kris said as everyone sprawled themselves all over the floor of their school’s basketball court. “Good job with practice today.”

Everyone made noises of agreement as they got up and tread to the locker room.

******************************

Kris leaned against the door of the entrance to the court waiting for Tao to finish changing. He checked his watch for the nth time before crossing his arms. Kris was looking down when someone tapped his shoulder.

“Waiting for me?” Tao grinned.

“You take too long,” Kris rolled his eyes as he reached for Tao’s hand. “Let’s go.”

They were walking along the road when Tao squeezed Kris’ hand.

“What?” Kris asked.

“You do know somebody has been following us lately?” Tao bit his lip. “Is he a pedo?”

Kris rolled his eyes, “It’s my dad.”

Tao’s eyes widened, “What? But I thought he was missing!”

“He’s been sending me letters telling me to go back to Canada to help the family out,” Kris sighed. “Can’t believe he thinks I’m dumb enough to not realize he’s been following me,” Kris muttered.

Tao stopped walking, pulling Kris to a stop as well. “Then why don’t you talk to him if you know it’s him?”

“No, thanks,” Kris pulled on Tao’s hand to get Tao to continue walking. “If he wants to, he’ll talk to me.”

Tao frowned when they reached his house. “That’s not how to solve things.”

“Yes, it is.”

“No, it’s not.”

“Yes, it is.”

“No, it’s not.”

“I said ‘YES’!”

“And I said ‘no’.”

“YES!”

“No.”

“Stupid! I said –  ”

The door burst open, “Honey! Stop arguing with your boyfriend!” Mrs. Huang chastised her son. “In front of the house, too!”

“Stop yelling in public,” Kris chuckled.

“MR. WU! GET YOU STUPID OUT HERE!” Tao yelled wildly. Tao began screaming undecipherable words about calling the cops on a freaky e and old grandpa stalker when someone finally stepped out. Tao let out a triumphant smile, “See?”

Kris sighed and looked at his father. “What do you want?”

“Oh, you disgusting man!” Mrs. Huang shot Mr. Wu a dirty look.

“I’ve heard of you,” Mr. Huang appeared beside his wife. He shook his head, “Unbelievable. Why are you bothering my son and Kris here?”

“Don’t talk to me like that,” Mr. Wu sniffed. He turned to Kris, “Come back to Canada. Stop these foolish dreams of basketball.”

“It’s not foolish!” Kris retorted. “Why don’t you go back and fix the mess you made yourself?”

Mr. Wu looked sad, “You know how hard it is. We need more help for the family.”

“Help? Family?” Tao scoffed. “No one helped Kris all this time. What kind of family are you?”

“Tao,” Kris said warningly.

“Ju

Please log in to read the full chapter