Side Chapter: Kaisoo

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

Every pair will be getting their own side story that will be a chapter long and they will all be around the time of the winter trip, which is approximately chapters six to twelve. (So you can reread it. Or not… Up to you.)

This was actually an idea I had earlier. I wanted it to be a Christmas Special kind of thing, but didn’t quite get to it.

Kai smiled triumphantly as he dragged his suitcase over to the new room he would be sharing with Kyungsoo. All of a sudden, Tao ran out his own hotel room and asked, “What are you doing?”

Kai looked up and smirked, “Switching rooms with Suho.” Ah, aren’t we all perfectly paired up now?

Suho frowned as he carried his luggage out of his shared room with Kyungsoo, “No more switching alright?”

Kai nodded and smirked.

“I wanna switch!” Tao whined. “How’d you get Suho to allow you to switch?”

“I have my ways,” Kai smirked as he closed the door to his and Kyungsoo’s room behind him.

Tao huffed and went back into his and Kris’ room.

“Hi there,” Kyungsoo smiled warmly.

“Hel-lo y,” Kai danced over to Kyungsoo. “Shall we have a hot, passionate night under the  cov – ow! That’s hurts!” Kai winced as he rubbed his arm where Kyungsoo slapped him.

“Go to sleep,” Kyungsoo sighed as he shook his head. “We need to get up bright and early tomorrow morning.”

Kai muttered about how he was nice enough to help Suho and Lay get together, but Kyungsoo wasn’t treating him nicely.

******************************

Kai was teasing Kris the morning after their first night sleeping in the hotel, “Stop pretending. We all know you all got down and dirty last night.”

“And as for you,” Kai looked over at Luhan, “just keep looking cute.” Yep, Sehun totally has a thing for cute things. I can tell Luhan is his type.

“Look… cute?” Luhan tilted his head.

“Yeah, like that,” Kai nodded.

Luhan scratched his head in confusion.

Kai thought for a moment before adding, “Or maybe just jump him at night. That always works.” Kai continued to make fun of Kris alongside Chanyeol, Chen, and Lay.

Twenty minutes later, a still dazed and confused Luhan was eating his breakfast scratching his head continuously as he pondered how he should ‘keep looking cute’ and why he should do that.

“What did you say to him?” Kyungsoo whispered as he glared at Kai.

Kai shrugged, “Nothing much. I was just helping Sehun and Luhan get together.”

“How?” Kyungsoo wondered.

“Well,” Kai said flippantly. “Luhan just needs to stay cute. As for Sehun, I’ll work it out.”

Kyungsoo resumed his glare, “Well, you’re making it difficult for Luhan because he doesn’t understand you.” He made sure no one was listening in on him and Kai.

“Why wouldn’t he?” Kai asked confusedly. “Isn’t it simple?”

“Even I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Kyungsoo said in a low voice.

“What? But it’s self explanatory!”

“Then why does Luhan look like he needs some explaining?” Kyungsoo glared. “Better not try any funny stuff.”

Kai muttered about how he was nice enough to help Sehun and Luhan get together, but Kyungsoo wasn’t treating him nicely.

******************************

They were at the skating rink, and everyone was quickly pairing off, so of course Kai had to whisk Kyungsoo away. Kai smirked when he saw his helpless friend sitting on the bench reaching out for someone to help him. Too bad.

Kai saw Tao catch Sehun’s eyes and immediately charged over to grab Luhan and Sehun’s wrists, making them hold hands, “Yo Sehun, this little deer can’t skate.”

Sehun nodded absentmindedly as he pulled Luhan onto the rink, not saying anything about how Luhan could obviously skate and was standing perfectly fine on the rink. Kai turned to Kris and gave him a meaningful look as he gestured towards Tao then pointed to the rink before whisking Kyungsoo away again. That’s all I can do for you. It’s up to you Kris.

They were skating along when Kai spotted Kris putting Tao down in the middle of the skating rin

Please log in to read the full chapter