Goodnight, Babe

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

“There. Wear those,” Tao said as he tossed Kris a set of clothes. “I can’t believe your cooties are going to be on my clothes and bed.”

Kris smirked, “That’s not what you said when you were hugging me earlier.”

“I was not hugging you,” Tao protested as he crawled under the covers. “Make sure you stay far away from me.”

Kris peeled down to his boxers and crawled under the covers after Tao. Tao turned around and screamed, “Oh. My. GOD! Put on some clothes would you?! OH MY GOD! I gave them to you for a reason!”

Kris laughed, “Did you forget I like to sleep with only my boxers on?”

“NO!” Tao screamed. “OH MY GOD! My bed! You’ve ruined it! GET OFF, GET OFF, GET OFF!”

Kris snuggled closer to Tao and wrapped his arms around Tao.

“Release me, you ! You’re such a erted ! Oh my God! Oh my God!”

Kris turned Tao around to face him.

“EWWWWW!” Tao pounded his fists on Kris’ chest. “Off my bed. Now!”

Kris leaned in and pecked Tao on the lips. Tao quieted down and Kris leaned in to give Tao another kiss. Tao grew red faced and simply turned his back to Kris. Tao pulled the covers over his head to hide as Kris moved in closer to spoon Tao. Tao didn’t protest much to Kris’ surprise.

“J-just because th-there might be m-monsters and gh-ghosts out there,” Tao let out.

Kris smiled into Tao’s hair and wrapped his arms around Tao. He pointed the panda plush he gave Tao, “Hey, aren’t you going to hug that?” Kris noticed that every day he came over to pick Tao up for practice, Tao would always still be asleep while hugging the panda. Kris didn’t say anything because just seeing Tao tossing it away as if he never hugged it in the first place whenever he woke up to Kris’s face was adorable enough.

Tao blinked, “Huh? Ben Ben?”

“Ben Ben?”

Tao blushed, “I-I named it…”

Kris chuckled, “Why Ben Ben?”

“B-because Ben Ben i-is you, stupid!” Tao stuttered.

“Ah,” Kris chuckled, “You don’t want to hug Ben Ben because you’ve already got the real me to hug, right?”

“N-no!”

 “Whatever you say, babe.”

“Shut up.”

“Goodnight, babe.” Kris smiled as he felt Tao’s ears heat up.

“……………”

“I said goodnight, babe.”

“…………..........”

“Babe.”

“…….”

“Babe.”

“……”

“Babe.”

“Shut up.”

“Babe.”

“…………………What?”

“Goodnight, babe.”

“Goodnight.”

“Babe.”

“What?”

“Just saying. You forgot the babe.”

Tao struggled internally, but for some reason, he said it. “…Babe.”

“What’d you say? I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear it.” Please say it again, Tao.

“…...Babe.” Stupid, stupid, stupid Kris.

“What’s the whole sentence?” Haha, this cute panda. How far can he go? I hope he says it.

“Goodnight. …….babe.” Oh my God! What did I just saaaayyyy?!?!

“Haha.” Too cute for words.

“Shut up.” I hate him.

“Haha.”  He totally loves me.

“Oh my God.” Stupid, stupid, stupid.

“Haha.” He totally loves me.

“Ugh.” Stupid.

“Too cute.”

“UGH!”

******************************

“Kekekekekekeke,” Mr. and Mrs. Huang giggled as they snuck away from the doorway to Tao’s room.

“When do you think they’ll get together?” Mr. Huang asked.

“Not for a while,” Mrs. Huang replied. “Tao’s just so stubborn sometimes.”

Mr. Huang nodded in agreement.

******************************

“AAHHHHHH!” Tao screamed as he kicked Kris off the bed. Tao had woken up to find himself facing Kris’ chest and Kris’ arms wrapped loosely around him.

“Owww,” Kris said as he rubbed his bottom. “That hurts, babe.”

“Serves you right for taking advantage of me!” Tao retorted.

Kris hopped back onto the bed and under the covers, “Oh really? Weren’t you the one hugging me every night over the trip and last night?”

Tao turned away, “No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Breakfast!” Mrs. Huang yelled from downstairs.

“Presents!” Mr. Huang yelled from downstairs as well.

“No,” Tao said as he slid off from his bed and got ready to go downstairs.

Kris lay in bed for a few more minutes, when something caught his eye. He reached over to pick it up and take a look at it. “Haha, cute.”

******************************

After rushing to finish his breakfast, Tao ran over to the Christmas tree like a child. He pulled out all of his presen

Please log in to read the full chapter