Baking a Cake

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was noon when Tao finally woke up to the door bell of his house and his mom yelling up the stairs, “Your boyfriend is here!” Oh wait! The cake! Kris! Wait, boyfriend!? What boyfriend?!

Tao scrambled out of bed as his eyes connected with Kris’, who was standing at the doorway, “Aaahhhhh!”

“Hey, your boyfriend is here to pick you up,” Kris smirked.

“B-boyfriend?”

“Yeah, your mom said she saw me yesterday walking you home, and since I’m picking you up today, I’m your boyfriend.” Kris couldn’t help but let out a chuckle. The boy’s messy dark hair was curly and sticking in all directions. He was wearing loose shorts with a loose t-shirt that had a picture of a cat with a speech bubble saying, ‘Meow! I’m a cute kitty!’ on it. He also had on a pair of socks with cat faces on them. “No wonder you don’t want to be called panda. You’re actually a kitty in disguise.”

Kris smiled even wider when he noticed Tao hugging the panda plushie he gave Tao last night.

Tao blushed as he tossed the panda plushie onto his bed and tried to cover his clothing up, “I-I just happened to find this outfit lying around when I got home last night!” Tao ran around the room grabbing clothes to change into. “What are you doing here, anyways?”

“I knew you’d still be sleeping, so I decided to drop by and wake you up. We could go grocery shopping for the materials together since I’m not sure if I have what we need.”

Tao groaned as he ran off to the restroom to get ready. When he was done, the two set out to the supermarket.

“I’m going out with my friend, mom and dad!” Tao yelled as he ran down the stairs with Kris in tow.

“Have fun on your little date, Zitao!” his mom yelled after him.

“MOOOOMMM!”

“And introduce us properly next time, Tao!” his dad said as he put down his Sunday newspaper.

“DAAAAAADDD!”

Kris waved goodbye to Tao’s overly excited parents.

Tao groaned and locked the front door, “Don’t mind them.”

Kris chuckled, “Yeah.”

******************************

“Uh, Tao?” Kris looked skeptically at the cart that was rapidly being filled up with snacks and things that Kris was sure didn’t go into a cake.

“What?”

“I don’t think those are ingredients for the cake.”

“Oh. They’re not.”

Kris was eyeing the load of snacks Tao loaded onto the grocery cart. “Then why are they on the cart?”

“Well, we might get hungry while we’re baking.”

“Just put them back. I have snacks at my place.”

Tao reluctantly put the snacks back, “Fine.”

Tao eyed the salad bowls Kris put in the cart, “Why are you buying all those then?”

“These are for me to eat,” Kris replied.

“Stingy,” Tao muttered.

******************************

Tao tentatively stepped into Kris’ house, “Umm, hello?”

Kris followed behind with the groceries, “There’s no one. No need.”

“O-oh. Okay then. I’ll greet them properly next time.”

Kris nodded as he set the ingredients onto the kitchen counter. Tao immediately rummaged through Kris’ kitchen, “You lie! There are no snacks!”

All Tao found in the cupboards were instant noodles. He moved onto the refrigerator and found rows after rows of water bottles and the salad bowls Kris just bought, “Is this all you eat? Instant noodles and salad?”

“Well, I eat out a lot.” Kris scratched his head, “And we just got back, so I didn’t buy much.”

Tao sighed as he went over to the rest of the things they bought to make their cake, “Well, I guess we can eat good food when I finish baking the cake.”

“I? Isn’t it we?”

“Y

Please log in to read the full chapter