Making the Team

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Get ready everyone!” Kris said as he held the basketball in his hands. “Tryouts start now. Basically X High versus O High. I’ll watch all of you play and determine who will stay on the team.”

“What? They need time to prepare!” Tao exclaimed.

“There's no point as they're already on a basketball team. If they're good enough, they can stay. Unless you have no faith in your players staying on the team?” Kris quirked his eyebrow up.

Tao merely glared as he huddled with his team, “All right guys, tryouts are right now. Let’s do our best. Show them how good we are!”

His team members nodded their heads in agreement as they broke up with a team chant.

Kris walked over and dragged Tao to the side.

“Hey! Let go of me! What are you doing?”

“You already played against me and it looks like you can stay on the team.”

“What the – ”

“As vice captain.”

“Huh?”

“You stand here with me so you can see if I choose correctly and do not show favoritism.”

“You’re such an – ”

Kris ignored the panda’s ramblings, “All right then. Begin the game!”

Kris smirked as he saw his four best friends on the team practically dominating the court. He noticed the other four that were doing well were Tao’s best friends as well.

“I said we needed to prepare! At least a warm-up will do! Plus, this isn’t even our home court!” Tao gestured wildly at the game.

Kris merely shook his head, “You always have to be ready. This is a test to see who has it in them. We don’t need weak people on the team.”

Tao stared at Kris. This guy is definitely an . How was the rest of the year going to be like with him being captain?

After the game, Kris immediately listed the names of people who were able to stay on the team.

“Don’t you think you should think about it for a bit first?” Tao exclaimed.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “But you agree that thes

Please log in to read the full chapter