Chapter 7

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

 It had been two and a half weeks since the five members of SHINee had stepped foot in Minji's small apartment. The clock beside Minji's bed read 7'o clock in the morning on December 14, 2011. Minji lay in her bed, sound asleep. Her phone had rung twice, once several minutes ago, and another time a few minutes ago, but had not been heard. There was a loud knock at the door, followed by people calling her name. Minji woke up and grumbled to herself as she got to her feet. She wore bright blue short shorts and a bright pink tank top, and her hair was slightly messy. Slowly she made her way to the door and opened it. Taemin and Jonghyun stood right in front of the door, with Key and Onew behind them.

“What do you want? I was sleeping.” Minji growled tiredly, rubbing her eyes.

“You really need to come with us, Minji. It's important.” Taemin stated quickly.

Minji glared. “I just got out of bed. The most I've done is get my bra on and answer the door. I'm not going anywhere. Is there anything else you need before I close the door?”

The four men blushed and looked nervously at each other, then turned back to Minji with the cutest pouts they could manage. Nobody moved for a few seconds. Sighing, Minji turned and walked back into her apartment, but left the door open for them. Key pushed the other three in, then went straight to Minji's room to pick out her outfit. Onew and Jonghyun rushed to the kitchen to search for food for all of them. Taemin and Minji were left alone. The atmosphere in the room was awkward.

“If you had told me you were coming yesterday, I would have woken up earlier.” Minji murmured softly.

“O-oh. Well, then can you come, Minji? You can sleep on the way. Please?” Taemin smiled brightly, relaxing.

“You're not working today, are you?” Jonghyun asked, poking his head into the room. “If you are, we're going to have to phone in and tell them that you can't come in today. You're sick, or something. We'll figure something out.”

She blinked sleep out of her eyes. “Is it really that important? I guess it's a good thing I don't work today.”

Key bounced into the room and grinned. “Good. Now go get changed into the clothes that I picked out for you. They're on your bed. And don't complain.”

Nodding, Minji made her way sleepily to her room and closed the door behind her. What she really wanted to do was go back to sleep, but she looked at the clothes Key had placed on her bed instead and mumbled inaudibly to herself. Before she even started to get ready, Minji her iPod. Crayon by G-Dragon started playing. With a sigh, Minji got changed into the outfit that had been specially chosen by Key. She wore black short shorts with red leggings, a red tank top, and a baggy black sweater. Next, she brushed the knots and tangles out of her hair. A golden chain necklace with three different charms, a heart, a lock, and a butterfly, lay on her desk, and Minji quickly put it around her neck.

“Hurry, Minji! We have to go soon!” Onew called.

“Give me five minutes and we can be out the door!” Minji called back, turning off her music and grabbing her cell.

She quickly strode out of her bedroom, passing Onew and Key, who were eating apples by the front door. Jonghyun exited the kitchen, holding an apple of his own. Taemin stood in the kitchen, drinking a banana milk and eating an apple. Smiling, she grabbed a banana milk from the fridge and a sharp knife from a drawer, and quickly stabbed a large hole in the top of the milk container, then took a drink of it. Taemin chuckled at her actions. The banana milks were quickly finished, and he moved over to the door while she ran into the bathroom to quickly brush her teeth.

“You promise that I can sleep in the vehicle on the way to wherever it is that you're kidnapping me?” Minji asked as she came into the room after brushing her teeth. She held a pair of thick heeled boots with an inch heel that reached her knees and had five buckles on the side.

Jonghyun laughed. “Of course. And it's not called kidnapping if you agree to it, Minji. Now get your boots on and let's go. We have to hurry, because we don't want to be late.”

She rolled her eyes and easily slid her feet into the boots, not even undoing the buckles or shoelaces. They all zipped up their jackets. The five exited the apartment, locking it behind them. A van waited for them, turning on as they came into view at the bottom of the stairs. Minji yawned, looking between the four men with a questioning, half-asleep look. Jonghyun pulled something out of his coat pocket, and put a black beanie on Minji's head before she entered the vehicle. Taemin came in behind her. The two younger people sat in the very back, with Key and Onew sitting in front of them, and Jonghyun sitting in the front passenger seat. They drove off.

“We'll wake you up when we get there.” Onew smiled.

Nodding, Minji laid her head back and closed her eyes. She immediately drifted off, and her head slid down to rest on Taemin's shoulder.