Chapter 4

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Taking off their shoes and jackets, the members of SHINee stepped into the apartment and looked at their surroundings. It was clean, not a speck of dust in sight. Jonghyun strode further into the apartment and looked into the main bedroom. What he saw shocked him.

“Hey, get over here and look at this.” Jonghyun whisper-shouted to the other four.

“You shouldn't be snooping.” Key scolded, but peered in anyways. His eyes widened. “Wow.”

“Find a pen and sign.” Jonghyun ordered, stepping into Minji's room, followed by the other SHINee members.

“Wow. When the paramedics said she was a big fan, they weren't kidding.” Onew stated, looking at the eight posters, mostly the five that were not theirs, that hung around her room.

She had eight posters, three of SHINee, two of MBLAQ, and one of BIGBANG, F.T. Island, and Super Junior. She also had two bookshelves, one overflowing with books and the other stacked with CD's. Minji had all of the SHINee, MBLAQ, F.T. Island, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, BIGBANG, Super Junior, 2PM, 2AM, 2NE1, U-KISS, TVXQ, Teen Top, T-MAX, T-ara, KARA, and Rain CD's. There were also many other various Korean and Japanese CD's, along with a section of English and Spanish ones.

Taemin smiled. “Let's hurry up and sign the posters before she gets back.”

They all grabbed a pen from her desk and quickly signed the three posters. In the other room, they could hear Minji closing the door to the guest bedroom, and they threw the pens on the desk and ran out of the room to stand by the door, looking innocent. Minji walked into the entryway to take off her jacket and gave them a weird look, waving them inside. Taemin was the first to follow after her. The other four glanced at each other, then grinned and made their way further into the apartment.

Minji stood by the kitchen. “Are any of you hungry? I could make something.”

Minho shook his head. “No, we couldn't ask that of you after we intruded.”

Shrugging, Minji walked into the kitchen. “Then I guess the chicken and banana milk will have to wait for another day.”

“Chicken?” Onew perked up.

“Banana milk?” Taemin piped in.

“You sure you don't want anything to eat? Or drink? We have sweets, pop, whatever you want.” Minji offered, glancing over her shoulder with an amused look.

She opened the fridge and pulled out a large container that held breaded chicken strips that she had made the other night, grabbing one and taking a small bite. Mouth watering, Onew rushed over to the container and grabbed one. Slower than their leader, the others came and took one. Taemin pointed to the fridge and Minji nodded, telling him to look around in it to find whatever he was searching for. Almost as soon as he opened the fridge, Taemin pulled out a banana milk with a cheerful smile.

“You're a really kind person, Minji-ya.” Key complimented, chewing on some breaded chicken. “And a good cook.”

Minji blushed. “You're just saying that.”

Onew spoke up. “No, he's not. You're a good cook.”

Jonghyun cleared his throat. “By the way, here's your phone back. It fell on the way to the apartment and I didn't want to say anything, in case it woke up the kids.”

“Liar. What did you do to it?” Minji accused, eyeing Jonghyun suspiciously as she grabbed her phone.

“Man, for a fan, you don't really act like one. Most fans would squeal and freak out if we even touched their hand.” Jonghyun grumbled.

“I grew up with a bunch of boys that would make fun of me if I showed feminine emotions. I've gotten good at holding them back.” Minji retorted softly. “And it's still hard to believe that people as famous as you are following me around. It's a lot to take in.”

Taemin smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Yeah, we don't do this often, but after what happened last night, we wanted to get to know you. You're a really cool person, Minji-ya.”

Her face reddened and she bit her lower lip. Minji suddenly became really shy, and she lowered her head to try and hide her blush. Squealing quietly, Key wrapped his arms around her abdomen and hugged her, a grin spreading across his face. A soft laugh escaped Taemin's lips and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Everyone watched with amusement as her blush darkened.

Key glanced over at Jonghyun and Onew. “She's so cute! Can we keep her?”

Taemin nodded. “Yeah, we can bring her to concerts and she can dance with us. I'm sure Manager wouldn't mind.”

Jonghyun shrugged. “It's not my decision. That's totally up to Manager and Onew.”

“No.” Minji said firmly, breaking away from them and walking into the living room. “I'm not good with crowds.”

“Awe, but why not, Minji-ya? You can get over your shyness. Besides, you'll have us there.” Key whined, trailing after Minji.

“I'm not shy. And I'm not going anywhere with any of you because I don't know you and you don't know me.” Minji growled, sitting down on one of the couches.

Key sat down on the right side of her. “Okay, then can we ask you questions to get to know you?” Minji slowly nodded. “Okay, what sort of activities do you do in your free time?”

She pursed her lips. “Activities I do in my free time? I dance, climb things, act, play soccer, basketball, football, practice my gymnastics, and various other things.”

“Why are you scared of hospitals and crowds?” Minho asked.

“At my first gymnastics recital when I was eight, I messed up and twisted wrong, breaking my arm. I was taken to the hospital, where a stupid doctor thought that moving it around would help. He made the bone go through the skin.” Minji explained with a shrug. “After that, people started making fun of my mess-up, so I stopped doing things in front of crowds in case I was judged badly.”

“Is your hair naturally blonde?” Taemin wondered, smiling kindly.

“Yeah. My Umma is from America, so I'm half American.” Minji nodded, taking another bite of her chicken.

Everyone went silent, sitting and eating their breaded chicken. Minji fidgeted nervously, not sure what to do in this type of situation. She had only ever been around her brothers, their friends, her male cousins, Hana, and various other friends, all of whom knew of her hyperactive nature and tendency to tackle them. Never had she been alone with five total strangers. Her heart was pounding in her chest. She wanted to move, but did not want to make a fool of herself in front of them. Just as Minji popped her last bite of chicken into , there was a loud knock on her door, which made everyone in the room jump.

“Come in!” Minji called, getting to her feet.

Two men, looking like mirror images of each other, opened the door and stepped inside. They both had dark blond hair, almost brown, and dark blue eyes. Minji walked into the entryway, saw them, and grinned.

“Chung-Hee! Shin-Hee!” she grinned, hugging both of them.

“Who are you and what have you done with our Dongsaeng?” Shin-Hee joked, patting Minji on the head.

Minji playfully glared at Shin-Hee. “On second thought, get out. I take back my invitation for you to come in. You may leave through either the door or the window. I'm not picky.”

Chung-Hee laughed, taking off his shoes. “That's the Minji we know so well. What are you doing, anyways?”

She jumped onto Chung-Hee's back. “I'm watching Rin and Jung, who are both sleeping, and I have company over. You two are being rude, just so you know. Go apologize to my guests and leave.”

The twins walked into the living room, Chung-Hee giving Minji a piggy back, and looked over the five men that sat in the room. The seven men stared at one another, contemplating what to do. Rolling her eyes, Minji slid to the ground and smacked her brothers over the head and gave them a pointed look. Key smiled and got to his feet, pulling Taemin and Jonghyun with him, and Minho and Onew copied.

“Who are they and why are they in your apartment?” Shin-Hee asked tensely.

“They're my guests, Shin-Hee. This is Onew, Minho, Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun. I met them last night and they wanted to get to know me.” Minji introduced, pointing to each individual. “Guys, these are my Oppas, Chung-Hee and Shin-Hee. They were just coming to apologize for interrupting and then they were going to leave.”

Chung-Hee shook his head, scowling at the five men. “I don't trust them to be here.”

Shin-Hee made a sound of agreement, also scowling at the five. “Not one bit. Especially not with Minji.”

“Are you two stupid? I'm perfectly fine!” Minji snapped.

“We don't trust your judgement.” Chung-Hee stated.

Angered at that statement, Minji grabbed a chunk of their hair and slammed their heads together. The twins fell to the ground and held their heads. The five guests watched, unsure of what to do.

“What was that that you said, pretty boy? I couldn't quite hear you. Wanna say it again?” Minji growled, glowering down at her brothers. They shook their heads quickly and she smirked. “That's what I thought.”

“You're as violent as ever, Bingu Minji. Good to see that you haven't changed over the past few years.” Shin-Hee grumbled, getting to his feet and helping his twin.

“Yeah, and you're as whiny as ever, Pabo Shin-Hee. I kinda missed it while I was gone.” Minji retorted sarcastically.

Shin-Hee chuckled. “That's a sharp tongue.” He patted her back roughly and she cringed.

Key gasped, hurrying to Minji's side and hugging her tightly so she could rest her head on his shoulder. “That damn bruise. Does it hurt badly, Minji-ya? Are you okay? Should you sit down?”

Taemin her back lightly, not sure of what else to do with her brothers right there. The twins glared between Taemin and Key, then back to Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew, who stood close by and watched the blonde haired woman worriedly. Blushing, she raised her head and her dark eyes met Taemin's, and he smiled softly at her. She returned the smile and pulled away. Confused, Chung-Hee poked her back, and she twitched. Both twins decided to poke her and, not enjoying the pain, she grabbed their arms and forced them to the floor, a knee digging into their backs. Key pushed Taemin back toward Minho, away from the violence.

“I suggest you two leave before I decide to do something more drastic. You're disturbing my guests, so get lost.” Minji growled.

Jonghyun grabbed Minji by the waist and lifted her into the air. “You don't need to be so violent with them, Minji-ya.”

Minji whined. “But, Jonghyun Oppa, they were being annoying. Put me down.”

Jonghyun brought her over to Taemin and put her on her feet. “Taemin, hold her and make sure she doesn't try to attack her Oppas. I'm trusting you.”

Nodding, Taemin wrapped his arms around Minji's abdomen and held tightly onto her, which made her blush. Minho stood beside Taemin, in case she got out of Taemin's arms. Onew, Key, and Jonghyun were helping Shin-Hee and Chung-Hee to their feet.