Chapter 23

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

When Minji awoke, she had slept a full 24 hours. Her cellphone, which she only just noticed was lying beside her computers, was ringing. Minji jumped to her feet, yelped in pain, and limped over to answer the phone. As soon as she grabbed the small electronic, she sat down in the computer chair.

Hello, this is Yoo Minji, how can I help you?” Minji answered the phone.

How could you continue to lie to your fans, Mi-Cha? Do you need to be taught another lesson? It could easily be arranged.” an angered woman growled through the phone, speaking in English.

Minji stiffened, but she replied calmly. “I don't want any trouble. Please leave me alone, before I decide to get the law involved.”

The woman ignored her. “You think you can just lie to my son, your fiance? You think you can just become someone else and forget everything? You think that's how it works, Mi-Cha? And the way you hang onto all of those Korean men is disgusting. You're lucky I'm a forgiving future mother-in-law.”

The blonde quickly hung up and looked through her contacts. One name stuck out to her. Taemin Oppa seemed to be the most comforting, out of all her contacts. Quickly she phoned him.

Hello? Minji?” Taemin answered.

Tae Oppa, I don't want to be stuck in my house anymore. Can I stay with you for the afternoon?” Minji asked, already limping up the stairs, violin and a case in hand, and to her room to get ready.

Well, we have to get to the company to do some work. If you feel like coming here and being bored, I'm sure everyone would love for you to come.” Taemin replied. “How are you feeling, Minji-ya? Any better?”

In pain, but I want to move. The stitches pull.” Minji admitted.

We'll pick you up in about twenty minutes, okay?” Taemin stated.

Minji nodded. “Thank you, Oppa.”

She hung up and went into her bathroom. Grabbing a towel, she shoved her head under the water faucet and shampooed her hair, then quickly shaved. After that, she got dressed in a grey T-shirt and black short shorts, as she could not cover her stitches without the fabric catching, and brushed her teeth and hair quickly. When that was done, she put light make up on, hoping to mask the yellowing bruises on her face. By the time she was done, the doorbell rung. Smiling, Minji grabbed an apple from the kitchen and her violin case from the floor, and limped over to the door.

Taemin smiled at her. “Hello, Minji-ya. Here, let me make it easier for you.”

He easily lifted her off of her feet and carried her to the van that waited in her driveway. Camera crews taped them. Key, Minho, Onew, and Jonghyun cheerfully greeted her and made room so the two youngest could sit down. As soon as they were in, the driver drove off, with news vans following.

Within ten minutes, they were in front of the SM building, and news crews stood outside. Taemin opened the door and moved to pick Minji up, but she shook her head with a smile and got out beside him. The other four followed and, partially hiding Minji from the cameras, walked into the building. Minji managed to keep up with their long, quick strides, even as she limped heavily. Staff and trainees watched them go, curious as to why Minji was with them. They got in the elevator and, upon seeing Minji wince, Taemin picked her up bridal style, which shocked her; the rest of the group grinned with amusement.

You can't listen to our new song, so you're going to relax in the staff room until we're done, okay, Minji-ya?” Onew smiled.

Minji laughed. “Of course. I wouldn't want to spoil the big surprise, right? Please don't worry about me. I'll be fine by myself until all of you are done.”

They dropped her off on a couch in the staff room, then left to the recording studio. To amuse herself, Minji started to play games on her phone and look at the pictures on it, trying to remember who the people were and what had been happening, with her violin by her side. It only lasted so long before she heard whispering coming from the door to the staff room. Glancing up through her eyelashes, she saw a few heads peeking at her, then disappear.

A very soft male voice was whispering in Chinese. “You need to introduce me to her. You know her, right? Please introduce me to her.”

Another quiet male muttered back in Chinese. “Just go introduce yourself. She's really kind, and I really don't need to introduce you to her. Do it yourself.”

But I'm nervous. What if I make a fool of myself?” the first voice whined quietly.

A third voice spoke in Chinese. “Just go in there and say hi. It's not hard.”

The first sounded desperate. “I'm probably going to stutter. Please help me this once. I won't ask for anything else. Please? C'mon, aren't we like brothers? Brothers help each other.”

Amused, Minji adjusted her position on the couch and spoke in Chinese. “Maybe she can hear all three of you right now.” She giggled. “You are allowed to come in, you know. I won't bite.”

The three went silent, then the door opened. Sungmin and Kyuhyun stood there, and half hidden behind them was one of the people that had sent her a video, Henry Lau. Sungmin waved happily and bounced into the room, sitting on the couch beside her. Kyuhyun pulled Henry in and they sat on some chairs across from them. Henry smiled shyly.

It's good to meet you face-to-face, Henry Oppa. I'm Yoo Minji.” Minji greeted in Korean, bowing her head politely.

H-hello Minji-ya. How are you feeling?” Henry asked, nervously stuttering.

It hurts a little bit, but I can't complain.” Minji shrugged. Her phone rang and she gave an apologetic smile as she answered it. “Hello, this is Yoo Minji. How can I help you?”

Having those pretty boys carry you around, now? Do you never learn, Mi-Cha. You should be staying loyal to your fiance.” the woman from earlier chided angrily.

Frowning, Minji started to speak in Spanish. “Stop stalking me. I'm not engaged to your son, and I never will be. Now leave me alone before I take legal action against you. I promise you, if you cannot stop, I will get a restraining order.”

The woman scoffed, also speaking in Spanish. “You're in denial, Mi-Cha. Now stop running away and come back to America so we can have the wedding.” She took a breath before continuing. “I'm downstairs, waiting for you. Don't make me wait.”

With her heart racing in her chest, Minji hung up and took off toward the stairs, followed closely by Kyuhyun, Henry, and Sungmin, who were confused. The pain in her body was forgotten as Minji flew down the stairs and pushed herself into the lobby of the SM building. She froze when she saw a familiar face standing in the lobby. The woman looked up and smirked, motioning her over. The three men finally joined her and stood behind her, gasping for breath. Upon seeing that Minji was not alone, the woman reached into her purse.

She held a gun up, pointing it directly at Minji, and spoke in Spanish. “Come along now, dear. I don't like to be kept waiting. We have a wedding to complete.”

Sungmin pulled Minji so he stood between her and the woman. “Who is she and what does she want, Minji?”

That's my stalker fan that thinks I'm engaged to her son. Her and her husband were the ones that attacked me. She's not happy that I'm with a bunch of 'pretty boys' like you.” Minji murmured, wincing as her leg started to hurt.

Back off my future daughter-in-law, you disgusting pretty boy! Mi-Cha has important things she needs to do!” the woman shouted angrily at Sungmin, her Spanish accent rolling off her tongue.

Do you trust me?” Minji whispered to the three. They nodded. “Good, stay here.”

Cringing, Minji pushed Sungmin away and started to walk forward, hands raised slightly in surrender. She gave the three men a look, then limped her way over to the woman. The gun was pointed at her chest, but Minji didn't stop or slow her movements. Her pale blue eyes were cold, and her shoulders were stiff as she stared into the woman's green eyes. The three men could see her hands shaking in fear, and they wanted to grab her and run, but they were frozen with shock. The older woman shifted her gun so it was pointing behind Minji, at the three.

You keep that gun pointed at me.” Minji growled, stepping in front of the gun again. Her Spanish was strong. “If it points elsewhere, you'll wish you never came here.”

What're you going to do about it? Stupid girl, you can't do anything to save your life.” the woman taunted.

Minji glowered. “Say that again!”

The woman raised her nose. “You're a useless girl who can barely act or play music or dance. You'd be lucky to even have my son as your husband.”

Angered, Minji the heel of her palm against the woman's nose, then chopped down on her wrist, which made her drop the gun. Letting out a cry of pain, the older woman grabbed at her nose and glared at Minji. The two stared at each other. Just as the woman went to retaliate with a hooked punch, Minji did the splits to grab at the gun, then rolled backward to get away. Pain throbbed in her leg, where the stitches had pulled at her sudden movements. Wincing, she felt her body go rigid.