Chapter 9

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

 Continuing with the TV show, Yoon looked between the ten people. They all sat nervously, waiting for the challenge that Yoon would announce. The look in his eyes was one of amusement and excitement.

He held up one hand and grinned. “We will now be starting with our first challenge. We are going to pair each one of you up, one person from each team, and you will take turns trying to make the other laugh. The team with the most people to laugh, without touching them, will win this round.”

Minji cringed and started speaking quietly to herself in English. “I laugh so easily... I'm gonna lose...”

Yoon gave her a confused look. “Please speak so we can understand you, Minji.”

Blushing, Minji bowed. “Sorry.”

“Can I pick Minji as my partner? Please?” Mir asked, looking triumphant. His brown eyes met Minji's icy blue ones and his eyes seemed to dance.

“I was going to ask that.” SeungHyun whined, and DongHo nodded.

“I'm sorry in advance, Taemin Oppa. I laugh easily.” Minji whispered in Taemin's ear.

Smiling, Taemin placed his hand on Minji's head and started petting her hair. “Don't worry about it. Just try your hardest, okay?”

Her blush darkened, but she nodded. “O-kay.”

Yoon cleared his throat. “You can have your lovey-dovey moment later. On the count of three, I want everyone to run and link arms with their partner.” Taemin and Minji blushed and gave each other a shocked look. Everyone else laughed. “One... Two... Three, go!”

Everyone got to their feet except for Minji, who was embarrassed, and started moving. DongHo and Taemin linked arms. Jin Woon and Key linked arms. Mir and SeungHyun rushed to Minji, and Mir was the first to link arms with her. SeungHyun moved away and linked arms with Jonghyun. Onew and Shorry J linked arms. Biting her lower lip, Minji glanced up at Mir and smiled weakly at him, and he beamed cheerfully back.

“Now, the first pair that will go will be...” Yoon spoke, looking between the five pairs. “Onew and Shorry J!”

Everyone watched with amusement as the two men sat across from each other and did rock-paper-scissors to see who would try to make the other laugh first. Onew won. The chicken-loving man sat comfortably in his seat and looked at his partner. He started making weird noises, then started to do his Jonghyun impressions, which made Shorry J's lips twitch. Shorry J was barely holding back his laughter. Onew was in the middle of his second Jonghyun impression when he leaned back too far and fell off of his chair, laughing as he hit the ground, and Shorry J started laughing. Then the two switched roles.

“Is it who can make the other person laugh the fastest, or how many people in total laughed?” Shorry J questioned quickly.

“Fastest to make someone laugh.” Yoon answered.

Shorry J blew up his cheeks and barely turned to look at Onew when Onew started to laugh. Jonghyun pulled the older man away from the seat and tried to look serious and scold him, though a grin was spreading across his face. Raising his arms victoriously, Shorry J moved away from his seat to allow the next pair to sit.

“Mir and Minji!” Yoon shouted, motioning for the two to sit.

Mir grabbed Minji's hand and led her up to her seat, making sure she sat down before he sat, facing her. They did rock-paper-scissors and Mir won. Minji bit her lower lip and cringed.

Extremely excited, Mir tried to speak, and he ended up stuttering. “I-ah... u-u-uh... I'm guessing that y-you laugh really ea-easily, right, Minji?” Covering with her hands, Minji weakly nodded. “WAH! I knew it! I knew it!” he cheered, jumping to his feet.

Minji immediately started giggling quietly, leaning back to look at the high ceiling. Her hand curled in front of to hide her wide smile, and her dancing eyes met Mir's. Victoriously, Mir did a quick happy dance and high fived SeungHyun before sitting back down.

In the blink of an eye, Minji was serious, icy eyes hard. “It's my turn, now? I guess this shouldn't be too hard. All I have to do is make a hyper boy laugh.” Her eyes started tearing and she covered her face. “Wah, I don't think I'm going to be able to do this. I'm sorry, Taeminnie Oppa.”

Everyone watched, shocked, at her sudden depression. Nobody knew what to think. Mir looked kind of scared. Jonghyun, Onew, and Key frowned worriedly, while Taemin barely held himself back from going to her side. Yoon gaped at her, unable to speak.

“AH!” Minji shouted, jumping to her feet and smiling childishly. She started jumping up and down and spinning in circles. “This is so much more fun than I first expected! Ne, Miru Oppa?” Minji sang, stopping right in front of Mir and placing her index fingers to her cheeks cutely.

Mir burst out laughing, nearly falling out of the chair. Everyone else started chuckling and laughing. Minji straightened and giggled, covering , then bowed to Mir before turning and walking away from the seat. Grinning, Taemin pulled her into a quick hug, whispering his gratitude to her. Key grabbed her from Taemin and pulled her into a tight hug, bouncing with excitement. Jonghyun her hair and Onew patted her back. Just then, Minho walked into the studio and took off his jacket, giving his friends a weird look.

“Help me, Minho Oppa! They're too affectionate!” Minji yelped, trying to escape.

Chuckling, Minho walked up to the group and grabbed Minji, easily lifting her away from them and holding her in his arms. “There, better?” He placed her on her feet. “Thanks for helping, by the way.”

“I was given no choice.” Minji said flatly.

“Can we fix the contract?” Jin Woon asked Yoon, and Yoon motioned him to continue. “Can we fix it so it says 'Taemin and girlfriend'?”

“Girlfriend? Taemin has a girlfriend and he never told us?” Minho gasped, looking at Taemin who was blushing. “What's her name, how old is she, and how long have you been dating?”

Jonghyun nodded. “And does she have any Unnis?”

Mir laughed. “I think he's talking about Minji-ya.” Minji crouched, covering her face as she blushed, and snickered. Taemin hid his face, as well. “Aren't they dating?”

Onew, grinning, shaking his head. “No. We met her almost three weeks ago in Incheon at night when she was attacked. We followed her around the next day to make sure she was alright and spent the afternoon at her apartment. Other than that, we haven't really seen her.”

Clearing , Minji straightened. “Yeah, after that day there was no contact for two and a half weeks. Suddenly this morning they phone me three times and appear on my doorstep to drag me here.”

“Well, I wouldn't call you just to come to a game show, Minji-ya. I'd phone you and we could plan to hang out sometime.” Mir winked, making Minji blush. “Let me see your phone for a second.”

Quietly, Minji passed Mir her phone and hid her face behind her hair. He typed in his number into her contacts and texted himself. SeungHyun took the phone after Mir was done and did the same thing, as did DongHo, Shorry J, Jin Woon, and finally Yoon Hwa. Taemin moved quietly to stand beside her.

Yoon cleared his throat. “Okay, since this doesn't seem to be going anywhere else, I'll declare this a win for MakBanShi, since they were able to get the quickest reactions.”