Chapter 18

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

The group moved inside and up two stories, and went to some make up stations to get some make up touch ups before they started filming. Taemin dragged Minji to his make up station and sat her down on a nearby stool. A woman came and quickly touched up his make up and hair, and he was done. Minji smiled at Taemin as he sat up, and he ushered her to take a seat for her make up, to which she tried to deny while he grabbed her guitar and purse from her. She was not supposed to go on the show, was she? Against her will, the same woman came and did Minji's make up and hair, then left the two of them.

Why did I have my make up done? I'm only here to watch you guys.” Minji asked, feeling embarrassed as she grabbed her guitar back.

Well, we don't know if the people are going to want to call you up, so we all agreed that you should have your make up and hair done, just in case.” Taemin explained lightly, smiling.

Nodding, Minji put her flat rimmed hat on backwards and followed Taemin away from the make up station. A few of the members of Super Junior were already done, and smiled at them when they got closer. The members were Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Kangin, Yesung, Eunhyuk, and Donghae. The two younger idols bowed to the small group before joining them. The couches had no room to sit, and Minji kneeled down carefully. Taemin leaned against one of the couches, beside Kyuhyun, and the two smiled at each other. It did not take long for everyone to gather around the couches. Minji's phone buzzed in her pocket, and she quietly pulled it out to read it.

To: Minji

Don't attack, it's only me...

From: Jan Oppa

Almost as soon as she finished reading the text, her guitar was snatched out of her lap and she was picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. Whining, Minji let herself be carried away while the idols just realized what had happened and started yelling at the large man. They got up and started following, but the man started running quickly away, sharply turning a corner to get away. His grip on her waist was firm, and she lay limp over his shoulder to make it easier for him to run. The sound of fast footfalls sounded, following them. Minji laughed weakly.

What are you doing with those prissy pretty boys? You need to man up, Minji.” Jan growled angrily, panting a little bit.

They asked me to come here with them, Jan Oppa, and I didn't know that you worked today. Now put me down, your shoulder's digging into my gut.” Minji growled back.

Jan turned another corner before dropping Minji unceremoniously back onto her feet, but held her guitar high above her head, too high for her to reach even if she were to jump for it. Glaring, she tried to reach for it on her tip toes. The sound of people running got closer, and Eunhyuk and Minho were the first around the corner, with the rest of the group trailing close behind. The siblings payed no attention to them.

You've gotten wimpy, Minji. If you want the stupid guitar, you'll have to get it.” Jan taunted.

Minji tried jumping for the instrument, eyes starting to water. “Give it to me. It's very special. Please give it back.”

Jan looked as though he was thinking for a moment before replying. “Hmm, I don't feel like it. You'll have to get it back by force, or else I'm keeping it.”

Her pale blue eyes were b with tears, and her voice wavered. “Stop it, Jan Oppa. Give it back right now. You're gonna drop it and break it. Just give it back. Please, Oppa.”

Yesung was the first person to step forward, frowning. “Give Minji back her guitar.” Shocked to hear his voice, Minji turned and looked at him tearfully. He squared his shoulders and took a threatening step forward. “If you don't, then it'll be taken back by force.”

Fine. This was getting boring, anyways.” Jan scoffed, shoving the guitar into Minji's arms. He hit the side of her head. “Wimp.” With that, he walked away.

Carefully leaning her guitar against the wall, Minji spun around and threw her arms around Yesung's shoulders, trying not to cry. Awkwardly, Yesung placed a hand on her back and rubbed it, looking to the others for help. Taemin moved closer to see if she was okay, and Minji wiped her tears away, composing herself.

I strongly apologize for my Oppa's idiotic behavior. And I'm sorry for my inability to get my guitar back for myself. I hope it hasn't inconvenienced anybody.” Minji apologized, bowing low.

Your Oppa?” Sungmin questioned.

Why was he being so rude to you?” Jonghyun asked, sounding aggrieved.

Minji nodded, biting her lower lip. “None of them treated me like a girl growing up, and don't like it when I act remotely girly. I was acting to feminine for his liking, and I was with all of you.”

Onew looked confused. “Why didn't you just attack him like you did your other siblings?”

She looked down. “Because he had my guitar. It's special, because it was given to me by a girl I met before I left Korea when I was fourteen. She's dead now. She gave me a list of people that she wanted to sign it, and I finished that list just before I came back here.”

Who all has signed it?” Siwon asked, looking at the guitar case.

You can look later, but right now you have to get over to the set. Go. You're going to get in trouble if you're not there on time.” Minji smiled, ushering them back to the set of the show, grabbing her guitar.

They quickly made their way back, just in time for the two male idol groups to be called up to the set for filming. The blonde sat down on one of the couches off the set to watch. She carefully pulled out the scrapbook from her purse and flipped it to one of the last pages. There, alone on one of the pages, was a note from a doctor, which had been translated to Korean.

Checking up on Mi-Cha/Minji's head brought up some issues. There is a very strong possibility that, if she was to get much more trauma to the head, she will lose her memory again. There is no guarantee that she will be able to get her memory back at any time after it is gone. She must take strong precautions to avoid hitting her head. She was very lucky that it did not affect her when she was in the car accident.

Dr. Wilson

Frowning, she closed the scrapbook and put it on the couch beside her, turning her attention to the set. The MC was asking a few questions, to which the male idols answered kindly. Then they started on the topic of women, and if there was anybody with someone special to them at the moment. Shindong answered immediately with a yes. The rest of them hesitated. Taemin blushed, and tried to hide his embarrassment, but Jonghyun and Minho saw the blush.

Oh, it looks like Taemin's thinking of someone right now.” Jonghyun grinned, leaning toward Taemin.

Leeteuk also leaned forward, curious. “Who is it? Tell us.”

Key held back a smirk, and gave Taemin a knowing look. “I think I know who it is. It's not that shocking, though.”

Taemin's blush darkened, and he looked over to the female idol on the couch. “Well... I have a special relationship with... Yoo Minji. We can connect, I guess.”

Also blushing, she smiled and blew him a kiss, laughing lightly. Key and Jonghyun started cheering quietly, acting like proud parents, and Minho clapped Taemin on the back. The MC looked at the idols on set, then at the idol off set. One of the staff handed her a mic set and helped her put it on, then pushed her on set.

So, exactly what kind of special relationship do you two have?” the MC asked.

Well, he's very protective and kind to me. He actually understands me better than a lot of other people do, and I really appreciate it. I don't know where I'd be if we never met.” Minji answered happily.

When I first saw her, she was being chased by some men in a gang, and I thought she was really brave. Her personality is what really made me want to get to know her, though.” Taemin added, nodding.

Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Kyuhyun chanted.

Giggling, Minji got on her tip toes and kissed the tip of Taemin's nose. Both of them blushed, smiling innocently at each other. Key squealed happily, Jonghyun and Minho high-fived, and the others cheered. The MC looked pleased.

Kangin was the first to calm down and speak. “You should give a kiss to Yesung, too, since he saved your guitar earlier.”

She smiled, turning to Yesung. “Thank you, Yesung Oppa.” She quickly kissed his cheek, then backed away.

You're going to end up having many people falling for you, Minji-ya. You'd better be careful. Don't kiss anybody without my consent.” Key frowned playfully, shaking his head and crossing his arms.

Some staff called for a break, and the cameras stopped recording. Minji looked up to see Jan fuming, holding an inch thick wooden stick, and she yelped, running. He chased after her, stick in hand, and the idols watched, some with amusement, others with worry or confusion. Abruptly, Minji spun around and elbowed Jan painfully in the gut, then grabbed the stick from him and whacked him on the top of his head before walking calmly back to the other idols. Most of the group was laughing, while Leeteuk stood speechless and Key gave her a disapproving glare.

Just so you know, Chung-Hee, Shin-Hee, and Dae are on their way here. They'll be here any minute now.” Jan growled, straightening to his full height and smirking at Minji.

Almost right after he said that, Dae walked into sight. “Noona! Why are you with so many men?”

Shin-Hee shook his head. “This is unacceptable, Minji. They'll have a bad influence on you. Now, c'mon, we're leaving.”

Minji stubbornly crossed her arms, stick still in hand. “I don't want to. They invited me to come here with them, and I agreed. I'm not about to leave when we're not finished filming.”

Chung-Hee frowned. “No, you're coming with us, Minji. I trust them about as far as I can throw them.”

You'll have to drag me out of here, because I won't go willingly. Now, get lost before I decide to use this stupid stick to whoop all of your butts.” Minji threatened, speaking in English.

Who are they?” Kyuhyun muttered to Taemin.

Her siblings. She's the second youngest, next to Dae. Jan is Rin and Jung's Appa, so he's the oldest. Shin-Hee and Chung-Hee are the second and third oldest.” Taemin explained quietly, pointing to each of Minji's siblings individually.

Can't you wait until the filming is done? We'll make sure she's well taken care of and stays safe.” Leeteuk offered to the four men, stepping forward.

Shin-Hee scowled coldly at Leeteuk, looking like he was about to tear him to pieces. “As we already said, smarty, she's coming with us. out. You may be an idol, but that doesn't matter.”

Fuming, Minji took off her shoe and threw it, hitting Shin-Hee in the center of his face. “Shut up, pretty boy. Respect those who are older than you, Bingu. Most of the people here are older than you. Apologize!”

Shin-Hee hid behind Chung-Hee. “She's so mean and scary!” Chung-Hee threw Minji back her shoe with an irritated roll of his eyes, and gave Minji a look.

Key moved beside Minji and wrapped an arm around her shoulders in a motherly way. “You should calm down, Minji-ya. We're going to continue filming in a minute here. Put that stick away.”

Then tell them to stop being mean to me.” Minji pouted, pointing to her siblings.

Dae gave an innocent look. “I'm not being mean, Noona. Why do you have to group me with those three?”

She smiled, walking over to hug Dae. “You are truly my Dongsaeng, Dae. I have taught you well.” Dae grabbed her wrists, holding them behind her back, and nodded to the other three. “Release me! I have taught you too well! Go die in a hole with those other three Pabos!”

Is she going to be okay?” Sungmin asked worriedly.

She'll be fine... I think.” Onew shrugged.

They watched her kick Dae's legs out from under him, then try to escape the other three. The older three siblings jumped on her, looking much like football players tackling, then Shin-Hee slung her over his shoulder and they walked toward the stairs to leave. Dae grabbed her purse and guitar before following. The idols stood in shock, staring after the five siblings. Slowly they looked at each other.

Are you still sure she'll be okay?” Sungmin questioned Onew.

I think she was still alive when they walked out with her. It was kind of hard to tell.” Onew replied with a slight shrug.

Leeteuk frowned. “How rude of them to take Minji-ya like that. They should be more gentle with a woman. I hope she's not too hurt.”

Kangin spoke. “It looked like they flattened her.”