Chapter 19

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

After the recording was done, the idols stretched and smiled at each other. They were getting ready to leave when one of the staff walked up to a group; consisting of Taemin, Jonghyun, Yesung, Sungmin, Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Eunhyuk. She was smaller than all of them, and looked slightly nervous; she held her hands out with a book clutched in them. The group looked at it curiously. The writing on the front said 'Yoo Minji's American Experience,' written neatly.

Minji-ssi f-forgot this when she left. W-would one of you be-be able to bring it back to her, if you can at some point in time?” she stammered, embarrassed.

We can take it to her right now. Thank you so much.” Leeteuk smiled happily, taking the book from the staff. She quickly walked away; Leeteuk turned to the rest of the group. “Get into one of the vans, we're taking this to Minji.”

Everyone mock saluted and ran down to the vans, piling into one. They told the driver where they were going, and they were off. Eunhyuk had texted Donghae to tell the others where they were going and why. Taemin phoned Minji to make sure she was home, and he put it on speaker phone. The phone rang twice before someone picked up.

Hello, this is Minji. How can I be of service, Taemin Oppa?” Minji answered the phone.

Taemin smiled. “You forgot your book at the set, Mi-ya. We're coming to drop it off at your house. Are you home right now? Or are you still with your family?”

She laughed. “No, I kicked them out ages ago. And I made that scrapbook for you guys, so that you could understand me better. Who all's coming?”

Everyone chorused a hello to her, and Taemin answered her question. “Leeteuk Hyung, Yesung Hyung, Sungmin Hyung, Ryeowook Hyung, Eunhyuk Hyung, Kyuhyun Hyung, Jonghyun Hyung, and me.”

Okay, since you're all on your way here already, you can come and have something to eat. I was just about to start cooking. Invite the others, too, if you want.” Minji offered kindly.

Everyone nodded. Taemin spoke. “Okay, we'll be there in less than ten minutes.”

Eh, one second, there's someone at my door.” Minji sighed. It was silent for a few seconds, then inaudible, angry words were said, and the phone was dropped.

Minji! Are you okay? What's going on?” Taemin gasped.

A female on the other line was yelling in English, and it wasn't Minji. “You little cheater! You liar! Do you have no shame, you little ?”

Everyone in the van, with the exception of the driver, was staring at the phone in Taemin's hands with shock. There was the sounds of screams, loud banging, more English words being shouted, and gasps of pain. Then there was a male voice that could also be heard, sounding angered. Glass shattered, and a shriek was heard. There were a few more screams, then a loud crash, and words were shouted.

The male was speaking in English. “You little ! You think you can get away with lying to our son? Your fiance? You think you can get away with hanging off of some other celebrities, just because you're famous?”

Minji's voice was faintly heard, also speaking in English. “You people are insane. I'm not engaged to your son, and I never was.” She coughed painfully before continuing. “And those celebrities I was 'hanging off of' are my friends, who are very kind. Unlike people like you.”

How dare you!” the woman shouted angrily.

Minji's screams rang out again, as did more loud banging and glass breaking. Her cries were abruptly cut off as a loud smacking sound was heard, then something falling, the sound getting fainter, and it was quiet. There were loud footsteps, then the door shut. Everyone stared at the phone in shock.

Driver, we need to get there right now!” Jonghyun demanded frantically.

Nodding, the driver sped up. They were in front of Minji's house within minutes, and everyone piled out of the vehicle. Everyone ran up to the door and opened it without knocking, looking around; the place was a mess, with tables and chairs knocked over, food and broken glass spread across the floor, pots and pans askew, one of the panels of the island hanging open, and there were specks and a few small pools of blood everywhere. There was no sight of Minji in the mess, though. Everyone spread out to look for her while the driver phoned emergency crews. They checked each room before moving to the kitchen. The open panel on the island had a hole hidden inside it, under the counter, and was dark. At the edges of the hole were two faint hand prints made in blood. Eunhyuk and Taemin stood in front of it.

Minji... has to be down there... right?” Taemin asked, scared to find out.

I... I guess so...” Eunhyuk nodded, just as scared.

Grounding his teeth, Taemin got onto his knees and crawled under the counter, finding a light switch, and starting to climb into the hole. The hole was actually a steep staircase. Taemin didn't have to climb down more than a few stairs to see what was at the bottom of the stairs, and he couldn't breathe. Minji lay at the bottom of them, covered in blood, bruises, and cuts, with large welts on her body and glass shards sticking out of her skin. Her shirt had been ripped, and her whole torso, with the exception of where her sports bra was, was exposed to show how bruised it was.

Minji! No! Please, no!” Taemin shouted, racing down the stairs to get to her. “Please, you have to be okay!”

Eunhyuk quickly came down the hole and ran down the stairs to get to her. He looked horrified at the condition her body was in. Her chest was faintly rising and falling, which showed that she was, at least, alive. Sungmin was the next person to hop down into the hole, but he froze as soon as he saw her.

We need an ambulance, right now!” Sungmin shouted to the rest of the group.

We need something to slow down the blood!” Eunhyuk yelled, pulling out a large shard of glass from her left thigh.

Leeteuk jumped down the hole, pushing Sungmin up the stairs again, with a first aid kit in hand. He rushed down the stairs to join Taemin and Eunhyuk, who were trying to slow the blood with their hands. They worked to staunch the blood until emergency crews arrived, and had wrapped gauze around some of the major wounds. After the bleeding had slowed, the three looked up to see where they were. Many instruments occupied the room, as did speakers, a soundboard system, two laptops, a printer, and two slightly worn couches. The walls were covered in posters from many different music groups, all of which were signed.

Sungmin led two paramedics down the steep stairs to get to Minji. The one put a neck brace on her; the other brought down a stretcher to put her on. They quickly got her on the stretcher and brought her up the stairs, to the ambulance.