Chapter 25

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

It had been a week since the incident with the crazy lady and the gun at SM Entertainment, and Minji's stitches were out and she was able to move again. Her memory was returning fast. She now had a dog living with her, a German Shepherd named King that had been her Ajussi's police partner. Her Ajussi, who was Spanish and lived in America, had died on duty almost two years ago, and King had lived with his wife and children for that long before they decided to send him to Minji. King and Minji had a special bond, one that almost rivalled King's with her Ajussi. At the moment, Minji was making lunch, and King slept on the floor just outside the kitchen. She had been phoned by CL, Taeyeon, and Victoria earlier, all three saying that them and their members were coming over in the afternoon.

Somehow, I have a feeling that they all planned this.” Minji said plainly to King as she put the finishing touches on her dishes. King let out a small woof in return.

She put all the food, plates and cutlery out on the island, then kneeled down to pet King behind his ears. They remained like that for a few minutes before there was a knock at the door. King quickly stood and walked to the door, and Minji followed. Upon opening the door, Minji greeted all the members of 2NE1, f(x), and Girls Generation. The eighteen women stepped inside and followed Minji to the kitchen. They all grabbed plates and filled them, then went and sat down on the living room.

So, Minji-ya, how have you been?” Bom asked, taking a bite of her food.

A lot better now that I don't have stitches, Unni.” Minji answered.

"Good. Now you just have to stay healthy." Amber nodded.

Krystal smirked. “So, what's going on between you and Taemin? You two seem extremely close.” She leaned forward. “When we first saw you on TV last winter, we thought it was all for views, same more recently. But it definitely wasn't, was it?”

Nodding, Minji's lips turned up. “Of course we're close. He helped to save my life when we first met, and we're closer in age than any of the other members.”

Kwon Yuri from Girls Generation jumped in. “Did anything happen after you left the studio?”

He took me home.” Minji stated.

Anything else?” Sandara and CL pushed.

Minji blushed lightly. “We talked and stuff. Nothing much.”

You're blushing.” Amber pointed out.

"'Talked and stuff?' What is this 'stuff?'" Sunny interrogated.

C'mon, tell us what happened. Maybe we can help you out.” Jung Soo-Yeon, or Jessica, from Girls Generation pressed on, hoping to get something out of her.

The young woman's face darkened with a blush and she started to mumble. “Taemin... we... we kinda sorta almost kissed... i-in the elevator.”

All of them got excited. “I knew it!” Taeyeon grinned.

Shocked, the blonde raised her hands. “I mean, I kissed him on the nose... then our lips kinda touched, but I wouldn't say it was a kiss... exactly. It wasn't, was it?”

Sandara beamed. “It almost was one, Minji-ya!”

Okay, we all need to help our Dongsaeng out. She has to have this boy as soon as possible. Got it?” Victoria stated seriously, eyeing everyone in the room.

Everyone nodded at Victoria, all either serious-faced or holding excited smiles.

You and Taemin-ah are going to be an item by the end of the week.” Seohyun said reassuringly to Minji.

I'm not sure whether to be thankful or nervous.” Minji stated and laughed lightly.

They all finished eating, then the female idols left with a new goal in mind. Minji was left to clean up. She put most of the leftovers in the fridge, with the exception of some meat that she fed to King, then did the dishes and cleaned the counters. When Minji was finished, she sat down in the living room and sighed. Her eyes closed and she was starting to dose off when her cell rang, making her spring to her feet. Umma. She answered.

Hello, Umma.” Minji greeted cheerfully.

M-Minji...” her Umma spoke through the phone. She sounded like she was crying. “Dae's in the hospital. He's asking for you.”