Chapter 16

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

It had been an hour and a half since Minji had left the concert, and she was cooking food at her apartment for her soon-to-be-here guests. She had changed into some sweatpants, rolled up past her calves, and a black undershirt, and her hair was in a messy bun. Rin was running around, playing with a new toy Minji had bought her. Jung was in her arms, leaning on her one hip and eating a slice of apple while she worked at the stove. There was a batch of sugar cookies in the oven, which were almost ready. There were noodles and a sauce cooking on the stove, as well as rice being steamed, and small shrimp being sauteed. Her cell phone rang, and Minji hurriedly answered it.

Hello, this is Yoo Minji. What can I do for you?” Minji answered the phone, putting it on speaker.

Mi-ya, it's me. Everyone from the concert wants to come over and meet you. How many were you expecting?” Taemin spoke quickly on the other end of the phone.

Of course, Tae Oppa. There will be food ready for when all of you get here.” Minji hummed.

Rin yelled at Minji from the living room. “Mi Ajumma, I want to cook, too! I want to help more!”

Sighing, Minji spoke to Taemin. “Sorry, I'm babysitting, if the idols don't mind. Jung and Rin are staying here for the night.”

Did a kid call her Ajumma?” Taeyang shouted on the other end.

I'll see everyone when they get here. Have a safe drive, everyone!” Minji called.

Okay, see you soon, Mi-ya. Don't tire yourself out.” Taemin smiled before hanging up.

Smiling, Minji put down her stirring spoon and strode into the living room, spotting Rin staring at her guitar. Silently she moved over to the young girl and sat down on the couch, sitting Jung beside her, and grabbing the guitar and adjusting the capo. Rin quickly sat on the floor and watched. Minji started to play Puff the Magic Dragon softly for Rin and Jung. Jung whined, not wanting to be tired. With a shake of her head, the blonde took off the capo and started playing Paparazzi by Lady Gaga.

Mi Ajumma, who's coming?” Rin asked curiously.

Some of Ajumma's friends, baby girl. Are you going to be good for Ajumma and play nicely?” Minji replied to Rin, still playing.

Yes. Can we cook, now, Mi Ajumma?” Rin continued cheerfully, getting to her feet.

Of course.” Minji nodded, putting her guitar securely in its case and placing Jung on the ground.

The three walked into the kitchen and, pulling a chair over to the counter, Rin grabbed the stirring spoon to stir the noodles and sauce. Minji flipped the shrimp around in the pan a few times, then put it down and checked on the rice. The buzzer for the cookies went off and they were taken out and put on a cooling rack on the island counter. Chicken drum sticks were then placed in the oven, with Onew in mind, to cook. While Rin watched over the things on the stove, Minji checked to make sure the small fruit and veggie trays were in the fridge. Other food preparations for the group coming were completed, the foods put on serving trays or in bowls, and the cookies were frosted and put on a tray, as well. All the food was then placed on the island and plates and eating utensils were placed beside them. When that was done, they went to clean the living room. Rin and Jung had a few toys spread across the floor, couch cushions were piled in a corner of the room, and Minji's guitar case leaned against the arm rest of one of the couches. The toys were put in a box and placed in the guest bedroom. The cushions were moved back to the couches. The guitar went into Minji's room, in the far corner of her closet.

A knock at the door signalled that their guests had arrived. Rin climbed onto Minji's back and Jung walked into her arms as she went to answer the door. The door opened, and Minji smiled at the large group that stood at her door, motioning them to come inside. Jung tried to hide, and Rin smiled eagerly at each person that came in.

Leeteuk moved to stand beside her and smiled at the two children. “Who are these two?”

Minji looked at him happily. “My oldest Oppa's children. This is Rin and Jung.”

Rin saw Taemin and a grin spread across her face. “Ajussi!” She slid off Minji's back and ran to Taemin, hugging his leg.

Ignoring Rin, Minji bowed to Leeteuk, holding Jung carefully. “Please feel free to help yourself to anything here, Leeteuk-ssi.”

Please call me Oppa, okay?” Leeteuk smiled, patting her head fondly. “You tried really hard to impress all of us, and it was really appreciated. Thank you, Minji-ya.”

Did you cook all that food by yourself, Minji-ya?” Eunhyuk asked, poking his head into the entryway from the kitchen. She nodded and he beamed. “It looks so good!”

Mi-ya, you look tired. Maybe you should go rest for a little bit.” Taemin suggested, coming to stand beside Minji with Rin in his arms.

Minji smiled softly at Taemin. “That's very thoughtful, Oppa, but I'll be fine. Please don't worry about me.” She then put Jung down and motioned for Taemin to do the same with Rin, then pushed him. “Go eat.”

Taemin laughed lightly. “Okay, I'm going.”

She gave Leeteuk a strict look, and motioned for him to follow, and Leeteuk laughed. “I'm going, Minji-ya.”

All of the idols grabbed their plates and filled them with food, spreading out across the apartment to eat it. Everything was cheerful about the get together. The two children kept sneaking cookies off of the plate to eat them. When Key noticed, he lightly scolded the two and told them to go and play elsewhere. They ended up playing with Sandara, CL, Bom, and Minzi. A few minutes later, YuBin, YeEun, SunYe, SoHee, and HyeLim joined them in playing with the children. Minji wanted to join the other women, but was being questioned by G-Dragon, Taeyang, Yesung, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Shindong, with Taemin sitting right beside her as support. Joon, Cheongdung, SeungHyun, and DongHo sat close, too, listening.

So how famous are you?” Eunhyuk asked.

Not very famous. I've played minor roles in a few movies, been a backup dancer in some music videos and concerts, and a few other small things.” Minji shrugged, casting a glance at the women playing with the children.

Do you have any crazy fans?” Taeyang said curiously.

She nodded, frowning. “There's this one family that's delusional, believing that me and their oldest son are going to get married. They are the worst kind of stalkers I have ever met, and they don't give up.”

Jung started sobbing loudly, backing away from the group of females that sat around him. “Ajumma!”

The blonde immediately stood up, the group around her moving so she could get through, and picked up the child. He stopped crying and snuggled into her shoulder, yawning. Sighing, she carried the small boy to the guest bedroom, with Rin following close behind, and laid him down on the bed to sleep. Jung and Rin curled up next to each other underneath the covers and quickly fell asleep. Shaking her head, the young woman kissed both of their temples, then walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Sorry about that.” Minji bowed to the idols. She looked up and bit her lower lip nervously before speaking again. “I was wondering if you could tell me what it's like being an idol here?”