Chapter 21

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

 “You're not a doctor.” Minji pointed out, then relaxed, sitting on the ground.

Relieved, Sandara joined her. She put the violin case in between them on the ground, and smiled. “I heard playing music calms you down. Do you think you could play a song for me, Minji?”

Minji looked up at Sandara. “Is that my name? I'm sorry, I don't remember anything.” Slowly, she opened the violin case and took out the small instrument.

Sandara's eyes widened with shock. “You don't remember?” She looked to the ground. “Your name is Yoo Minji. You're an actress and dancer who started out in America, and just came to South Korea so that you could be with your family and friends.”

The young blonde smiled softly. “That sounds nice. Hopefully I'll remember that, someday.”

She started to play the violin, playing Lonely by 2NE1, and Sandara started to softly sing along. The group on the other side of the glass watched with amazement at what was going on. They wanted to go in, but they also didn't want to ruin any progress that had just been accomplished by Sandara, so they settled for watching, instead. The two women continued to play and sing, unaware of their audience, until the song ended. Sandara noticed the bloodied gauze and frowned.

I'm going to get some more gauze to fix your injuries, okay? I'll be right back.” Sandara stated, standing.

Please don't leave me alone, Unni.” Minji pleaded.

I promise I'll be right back, Minji-ya. You play your violin until I get back.” Sandara soothed. “There are some people that I can grab to keep you company, if you want. But they're boys.”

They're not doctors, are they?” Minji growled, suspicious. Sandara shook her head, and she calmed again. “Okay, Unni.”

The door opened and Taemin was the first to walk in, followed by Sungmin, Cheondung, Yesung, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Donghae, then Eunhyuk. Everyone waited silently for Minji's reaction, but she just watched them curiously. Urging the men further inside, Sandara left to find some bandaging. Minji bowed her head slightly in greeting before going back to her violin. She started to play a really sad song, and she looked wistfully at the wall. The men slowly came to sit on the ground near her and listened. She stopped after a moment of playing.

Her pale blue eyes landed on Taemin, who sat closest to her, as she lowered her violin. “I composed that song for somebody important to me. But I can't remember who, or why.”

Taemin's lips turned up slightly. “I'm sure you'll remember, Mi-ya.”

Eunhyuk grinned. “So, we watched you take out that male nurse. You're a lot stronger than you look, Minji-ya.”

Donghae agreed happily. “Yeah, you're a lot more cruel than we first thought, too. When we first met you, you acted so cute and kind and innocent.”

Are you in pain, Minji-ya?” Leeteuk asked; she nodded.

Do you remember anything? Even something weird and unimportant?” Cheondung questioned curiously.

Again, she nodded. “I remember when I was young, I was looking at the ocean from a cliff. I was pushed from behind, and I hit my head on the edge of the cliff, then I was surrounded by water.” She shivered. “I also remember being in the backseat of a car when it was T-boned on my side. My seat belt wasn't latched properly, and I almost flew out of the car.”

Sungmin leaned forward. “Do you remember what happened to you that got you here? Is there anything that you remember that could help the police find the people that did this to you?”

Minji frowned, squeezing her eyes shut. “An older woman screaming at me, calling me a liar and a cheater. Her husband was there, too, yelling. They had pale skin and black hair. They wouldn't stop kicking and throwing things. It hurt. There was a hole.” She was shivering.

Glaring at Sungmin, Yesung picked Minji up and carried her to the hospital bed. “She's scared. Don't ask her to go through that again, Pabo. She'll talk about it when she's ready. Until then, don't ask her again.”

I need to get out of here.” Minji mumbled.

Sandara came back in and silently moved over to Minji to re-bandage her injuries. Minji's bare legs were done first, then her arms and head. When Sandara was done there, she slowly lifted Minji's shirt to show her abdomen to see if there were any major injuries on Minji's abdomen. The bruising was healing. Saddened at the sight, Sandara lowered Minji's shirt back down to hide the bruising, then hugged the younger woman.

The doctor poked his head into the room. “I think it's time you all left. Minji-ssi needs to sleep.”

Minji glared at the doctor. “I don't want to sleep! I want out of here, you crazy old man!”

The group started to move out of the room, with Taemin at the back. Frantic, Minji got to her feet and started toward the leaving group, but the lanky male nurse that had been beaten up earlier walked into the room, holding a needle containing a clear liquid. At the sight of the small pointy object, she stopped with tears forming in her eyes. Behind him were two older, muscular male nurses. The idols took no notice of the three men that had entered, instead talking amongst themselves as they left. Taemin was almost out the door when he heard Minji shout in Spanish, her voice wavering; he came to a stop and turned to watch what was going on.

The two muscular nurses quickly grabbed Minji's arms before she could get away, making her scream, and the lanky nurse jabbed the needle into the crook of her neck. As soon as the liquids had been ejected into her body, the needle was put away. Minji screamed louder, kicking weakly; then the medicine from the needle started to take effect, and she fell unconscious. From there, the three nurses placed her on the bed, strapping her down, then replaced all the wires and tubes that had been removed earlier.