Chapter 3

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Taemin, Key, Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew watched, shocked, as Hana punched Minji in the jaw. Minji went reeling, then straightened and laughed. They hugged each other and glanced over at the shocked men. Key looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

“You realize that was really mean. You might have given them a heart attack.” Minji scolded Hana.

Hana pouted. “But it was fake. It's not like I would really hurt you on purpose, Mi.” They laughed at each other. “But I guess it would look real enough. Sorry about that, Oppas.”

Key frowned. “You scared me! I thought you hurt little Minji!”

Minho nodded. “Yeah, it looked like you hurt her.”

Jonghyun made a sound of agreement. “Just for that you can't be her dance partner anymore.”

Jonghyun and Key grabbed Minji's arms and pulled her out of Hana's embrace. Shocked, Minji stumbled backward and barely caught her balance. Her face went pink as the five members of SHINee smiled at her, and Hana started laughing so hard that tears came to her eyes. Key started fixing Minji's dark blonde hair and sighed to himself. Taemin and Minho chuckled at Key. Jae got to his feet and stormed over to the five men that had taken Minji from Hana.

“Let Teacher Mi go!” Jae shouted, and some of the other children made sounds of agreement and got to their feet, glaring at the five. “You're just scared that Teacher Mi and Teacher Na are better dancers!”

“Ah, Jae, that's no way to speak to your Hyungs. Look, I'm perfectly fine.” Minji stated quickly to calm the children down.

“Next round!” Hana cheered. “Pick your song and dance the whole thing! And give me back my Minji!”

“But I just fixed her hair.” Key whined.

Minji smirked and ran her fingers through her hair, messing it up as she walked calmly over to Hana. Key gasped into his hand. Laughing, Jonghyun and Onew picked a song, and Love Like Oxygen started playing. They immediately started dancing, syncing their movements effortlessly. The children all sat down and watched with awe, eyes wide. Hana bit her thumb nail, starting to feel the pressure that was being placed on them. All five of the dancing men seemed to be watching their reaction, smiling. Shrugging, Minji adjusted her shirt and smirked, giving the dancers an unwavering icy stare. Her competitiveness was starting to show. The song was coming to an end, and they were preparing to strike their final poses. As the final notes came through the speakers, they posed and held it for a few seconds before straightening and walking calmly over to the two women.

“Try to beat that.” Jonghyun grinned.

“Gladly.” Minji purred. “Hana Unni, are you ready? We're going with that.”

“Oh! Alright!” Hana beamed, scurrying to the iPod and changing the song.

I'm the Best by 2NE1 came on and the two immediately started dancing, grinning at each other as they did so. This dance had been practised many times over, and had been mastered a while ago, and the women were just enjoying themselves. The five men gaped at them, and the children cheered. As the song progressed, Hana and Minji jumped onto the two benches that were behind them and continued dancing.

Key gasped. “You're going to hurt yourself up there!”

Laughing, the two jumped off off the benches without breaking step and started getting closer to the five. The song came to an end and the two posed. The children all started cheering and clapping for their teachers, while the members of SHINee stood speechless. Key was the first to break out of his stupor, and he hit Onew in the stomach. After that movement, the others unfroze.

Onew cleared his throat. “That was unexpected.” He started to laugh happily.

Taemin smiled. “You two are really good dancers. With some practise, you two could probably make it big.”

Hana shook her head. “No, not me. Everything I know was taught to me by Minji. She's the true mastermind behind it all. And just that took me forever to learn.”

Minho glanced between the two. “How old are you two?”

“I'm seventeen and she's twenty.” Minji answered.

The metal door creaked open and was shut firmly, and Hana and Minji turned to greet their guests. A little girl with brown hair, light brown eyes, and pale skin, that looked slightly like Minji, came charging around the corner and jumped at the younger woman. Shocked, Minji barely caught the girl.

“Mi Ajumma! Mi Ajumma!” the girl cheered.

“What are you doing here, Rin? Where are your Umma and Appa?” Minji questioned.

A man cleared his throat from the direction of the door. He had light brown hair and dark blue eyes, and was holding an infant boy. “Well, I'm right here. I thought I would come to visit my favourite little Dongsaeng.”

Eyes brightening, Minji ran over to the man, with Rin in her arms. “Jan! It's so good to see you again. What brings you here?”

“I actually need you to watch Rin and Jung for a little bit.” Jan smiled sheepishly.

“Alright, class is over, everybody! Get in contact with your parents to get home!” Hana called.

Jan looked behind Minji and spotted the five men that stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. “Who are these five clowns, Minji? Should I be worried about one of them making a move on you or Hana?”

Minji snickered. “No, I don't think that'll be a problem, Jan. Besides, I can take care of myself.”

Rin's eyes found Taemin's and she pointed to him. “Ajussi?”

Before she could stop herself, Minji fell to her knees and laughed, letting go of Rin. Taemin blushed, but was chuckling. The rest of SHINee was laughing loudly at the little girl's words. Children were leaving, giving the group weird looks as they went to find their parents. Jung whined and held his arms out to Minji, wanting her to hold him.

“So, can you watch them?” Jan asked.

“Of course. C'mere, Jung! We're gonna have so much fun!” Minji cooed to the infant, making him giggle as she grabbed him from her Oppa's arms.

“Mi Ajumma, up!” Rin pouted.

Nodding to the little girl, Minji stooped down and picked up Rin, balancing both children in her arms. Bowing his thanks, Jan turned and ran out of the dance studio. Hana chuckled and started cleaning up the dance studio, humming along to the music that had been turned down. Key squealed and ran up to Minji's side to get a closer look at the two children. Jung hid his face in Minji's chest to hide himself from the strangers, and Rin gave them curious looks.

Minho frowned. “Aren't they too heavy for you?”

Minji smiled. “Nope. I used to have to carry my Oppas and Dongsaeng around whenever they got hurt. So this is nothing.”

“How old was your Oppa that just came in?” Taemin asked.

“Jan is my oldest Oppa. He's twenty four. And these are his two children, Rin, who is four, and Jung, who is two and a half.” Minji answered, turning to face the group.

“And how old are your other Oppas?” Jonghyun questioned.

“Chung-Hee and Shin-Hee are twenty, and Dae is fourteen.” Minji replied.

“Do you have any other female in your house besides your Umma?” Onew asked. She shook her head.

Rin tugged on Minji's hair and wrapped her legs around her waist, and Jung started whining loudly. Onew kept his distance from the two children, but smiled at them and watched. Hana forgot about cleaning and ran over, grabbing Jung and spinning around with him, which made him start to giggle quietly. Laughing, Minji got a better grip on Rin and lifted her high into the air.

Key gasped. “Be careful, Minji-ya, Hana!”

Jonghyun laughed. “You sound like an Umma, Key! Calm down!”

The worried male frowned. “But what happens if one of them gets hurt? Or they trip and drop the children?”

Rin was placed on the ground, and she approached Key. “Who?”

“I'll be right back. I have to grab my things, then we'll go, okay, Rin?” Minji smiled, walking into the break room to grab the clothes that she had worn the other night.

She had barely gotten her sweaty shirt off and put on her grey spaghetti strap when she heard a shriek from the dance hall. Rin started screaming for her, and that set off Jung, who started shrieking. Minji quickly put on her sweater and jacket, threw her hair into a ponytail, shoved her other things in a bag, and ran into the dance hall to see what was wrong. Hana was holding Jung at arms length, wincing as the tiny infant sobbed loudly. Taemin was trying to attract Jung's attention to make him smile. Key and Minho were trying to calm Rin down, though she just ran away from them. Onew and Jonghyun were standing closer to the wall, shocked and feeling awkward.

“What the heck happened? I was gone for a minute!” Minji shouted.

“Mi Ajumma!” Rin cried, running and hugging Minji's leg.

“Jumma!” Jung sobbed, reaching for Minji.

The blonde haired woman grabbed the infant and kneeled down so she could hug Rin. “Okay, don't cry now. I'm here. We're going to go to my house, okay? Are you ready to go?”

The two siblings stopped crying and smiled up at the blonde. Sighing to herself, she stood up with the two children in her arms and looked at Hana, who put her iPod in her bag and grinned. The two friends said their goodbyes and Hana winked before the younger one took her leave with the children. The five members of SHINee trailed out after her.

“Oh, are you going to follow me to my apartment?” the blonde asked, amused.

They all nodded, and Jonghyun spoke. “You're a really cool person and we want to get to know you. So we can either follow you to your apartment, or you can give me your number.”

She laughed lightly. “As flattered as I am, why me? It's not like I'm anything special. I've spent my whole life playing sports with my siblings. That's about the only difference between me and most other girls.”

Taemin shook his head. “No, there's more to you than that. You're an amazing dancer, and you're very brave.”

Key hummed his agreement. “And you can take care of children so easily.”

“I'm not that great.” she murmured to herself, kissing the two children on the temple.

Both children had quickly fallen asleep in her arms and were snoring quietly. In her position, she had no way to get to her apartment keys to unlock the door. The apartment building was in sight, and they were coming up on the stairs. Acting like it was completely normal to follow a stranger home, the members of SHINee walked calmly behind her.

“If you're going to invite yourselves in, then can one of you grab my keys? They're somewhere in my bag and I can't get them.” Minji sighed.

Key, who was right behind her, grabbed the bag and rummaged around before finding the keys and holding them up victoriously. He also grabbed her phone and handed it sneakily to Jonghyun. They climbed the two flights of stairs to Minji's apartment, and she led them to the door, where Key unlocked it. Jonghyun had moved to the back of the group and was playing with Minji's phone. Unaware of what Jonghyun was doing, Minji walked in and took off her shoes before striding quickly to the guest room to put the two children down on the bed for a nap.