Chapter 10

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

 When the recording of Idol Maknae Rebellion was finally over, Minji grabbed her jacket and headed out the door of the studio, followed by the idols. Taemin walked right beside her, looking protective as he kept pace with her, which made her smile. SHINee had ended up barely winning, and thus got to keep Taemin and Minji, who had been added to the contract. Jonghyun, Key, and Minho walked in front of Taemin and Minji, and Onew walked behind. The other idols followed right behind. Mir ran up behind Minji and hugged her softly.

“I'm going to phone you in a little bit, okay? So you need to answer when I do.” Mir stated, smiling as she turned around to look at him.

“Of course, Mir-ssi.” Minji nodded kindly.

Mir pouted childishly. “Call me Mir Oppa or Miru Oppa, not Mir-ssi. It sounds too formal. We're friends.”

Giggling, Minji smiled brightly up at Mir. “Yes, Miru Oppa. I'll be waiting for that phone call, then.” She then turned to address the whole group. “Please have a safe trip home, Oppas.”

Key gave her a confused look. “Aren't we driving you home, Minji?”

“I could get one of my Oppas to drive me home. I know all of you have busy schedules.” Minji replied. Her phone started vibrating in her pocket, and she looked at the caller ID. “Speak of the devil.” She answered the phone and put it on speaker. “Hello, Jan Oppa. What do I owe this phone call?”

“What are you doing with so many men, Minji?” Jan shot back through the phone.

“Do we need to get rid of them for you?” Shin-Hee growled threateningly.

“They're too close to you for my liking.” Chung-Hee added.

“When did you start hanging out with them, Minji? They look weird.” Dae stated.

Everyone listened, confused. Minji gave an irritable sigh. “Speaking of idiots... why are you stalking me? And they can all hear you, you know. Quit acting like my personal bodyguards.”

Jan exploded. “Well, why the heck did you put it on speaker phone, Pabo Minji?! Are you mental?!”

Minji ground her teeth angrily. “When the heck did I tell you that you could run my life, Bingu Jan?! When I find you four, I will make sure you suffer!”

Dae whined. “But Noona, we're just doing what's best for you.”

“Are you really, Dae?” Minji asked, seething. Rolling her eyes, Minji turned to look back at the idols. “I'm hanging up now, Pabo's.” She quickly hung up and shoved the phone in her jacket pocket.

“Well, that was harsh.” Jin Woon grumbled.

“Please pay no mind to them. They have small brains and I don't know how three of them have even graduated.” Minji apologized, bowing a 90 degree bow. “I'll be taking my leave, then. Goodbye, Oppas. Please be safe.”

Spinning on her heels, Minji ran at a nearby brick building and launched up, grabbing onto some small finger holds between the bricks. With that, she propelled herself up using her legs to push off of the building to gain momentum. Once on the roof of the three story building, Minji ran across it and jumped onto the next roof. From there, she could see her four siblings running quickly down the road.

Meanwhile, the idols stared shocked at the brick building that Minji had climbed. Key grumbled worriedly about how she could hurt herself. Slowly, Taemin turned and looked at the rest of the group, seeing their shocked faces, and smiled kindly. Everyone bowed to each other and went their separate ways. Minho grabbed Taemin's shoulder lightly and they led Onew, Jonghyun, and Key back to the vehicle that they had taken to get here. Taemin placed his hand in his jacket pocket and his fingers brushed something small and metal, which he grabbed and pulled out to take a look at. A key lay in his open palm. A small label was attached to it, saying that it was for Minji's apartment. As he put the key back in his pocket, a text came through Taemin's cell, from Minji.

To: Taemin

The key is so you don't decide to wake me up like that again. If you need to get into my apartment, use it.

From: Minji


Taemin smiled softly and wrapped his fingers securely around the key.