Chapter 12

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Excited to see Minji again, Mir bounced around in the van as the five members of MBLAQ drove to meet her for lunch. The grin on his face had been there all morning. Cheondung sat beside Mir, just as excited, and laughed at his Dongsaeng's eagerness. Joon watched out the window, looking for the restaurant sign that would signal their arrival. G.O and Seungho watched the three with amusement, but were also impatiently waiting to meet Minji. A few minutes later the two story restaurant came into view. They pulled scarves over their mouths and noses to disguise themselves. The van came to a stop and dropped the five off before driving off to find a parking spot.

Mir looked around. “She should be here soon.”

A female voice called to them from the roof of the restaurant. “Oppa!”

Everyone turned and looked up. On the roof, Minji stood and looked down at them, smiling brightly. The wind blew her blonde hair, but she seemed to not notice it. Turning around, she stepped backwards off of the building, but quickly grabbed the windowsill of the second story window. From there, she kicked off of the building, doing a flip and landing elegantly on her feet a few feet away from the five. The idols stood, speechless, and looked like they almost had heart attacks.

Oppas, are you okay? Did I scare you?” Minji asked timidly, stepping closer to the five.

Minji-ya, I missed you!” Mir shouted, getting over his shock and hugging her tightly.

There, there, Miru Oppa. Calm down, you're in a public place.” Minji sighed, amusedly patting his back.

Seungho gave her a confused look. “You're the Minji Mir was talking about? The way he was talking, it sounded like you were some crazy, hyperactive teenager. Kinda like him.”

G.O nodded. “He made it sound like you were bouncing all over the place, doing emotional U-turns, and things like that... especially being a female version of Spider Man.”

Minji pulled away from Mir, holding back a laugh. “That sounds a little exaggerated. I'm Yoo Minji, Miru Oppa's companion. Please take me kindly.” She bowed to the five. “Shall we go inside and eat?”

Everyone agreed and the five of them entered the restaurant. Almost as soon as they entered, a waiter, with dark blond hair and blue eyes, came to take them to their table. He seemed to pay more attention to Minji than the idols, which made them feel slightly protective of her. Minji just politely smiled at the waiter and walked between Mir and Joon. Their table had six seats. They took off their outerwear. Mir pulled a chair in the middle of the table out for Minji, then sat at her one side, with Joon on her other side. Seungho and G.O sat across from them, with Cheondung in between the two of them. Menus were passed out. The waiter came up behind Minji and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Would you like to order your drinks now? Perhaps starting with the lady?” he asked with forced politeness.

Minji turned her head and gave him a worried look. “Waiter, you look like you have a fever. Your face is red. Are you okay? Should you maybe go home?”

He gave her a confused look. “My face isn't red, and I feel fine.”

She motioned him to come closer. “Let me feel your forehead.” He slowly leaned down, hesitating and looking nervous. She grabbed the napkin that was at her seat and, twisting it tightly, whipped him in the face with it. “Oh, yes, it's definitely a fever.”

Ow! Minji! What was that for, Pabo?” the waiter snapped, grabbing at his, now painfully red, face.

I apologize about my Oppa. Shin-Hee will be professional from now on, right?” Minji smiled innocently, looking up at the waiter, Shin-Hee.

Oppa? He's your sibling?” G.O questioned.

He's one of the people that phoned yesterday, right? You have four brothers, right?” Mir asked, scrunching up his nose as he tried to remember. She nodded. “And you have no sisters?” She nodded again.

What would all of you like to drink this afternoon?” Shin-Hee asked with forced kindness, pulling out his notepad.

Everyone ordered water, and Shin-Hee left, giving Minji an irritated look as he did. The six were left alone at their table. Everyone was awkwardly silent. People at other tables, mostly women, stared in awe and jealousy at their table.

Closing her eyes, Minji let out a sigh. “After we're done here, I'll show you how I climb, Cheondung Oppa.”

Seungho gave her a curious look. “How old are you, Minji-ya? And can you speak much English?”

Her lips turning up into a small grin, Minji cracked open one eye to look at Seungho.”I'm seventeen. And I can speak fluent English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and Spanish. I can also speak some Tagalog.”

What? Why? Why do you need to know so many languages?” Joon gasped, eyeing her. She just shrugged. “You're smarter than I thought you would be... You're smarter than me...”

Did Mir not tell you?” Minji asked.

Tell us what?” G.O and Cheondung inquired.

Mir smiled nervously, scratching the back of his head. “I forgot. It didn't seem important at the time.”

The blonde bit her lower lip, trying not to laugh at Mir's silliness. Cheondung chuckled, leaning back in his seat slightly. Seungho and G.O rolled their eyes at their Maknae, shaking their heads. Joon gave Mir a faux angry look. The air around them was less tense. Shin-Hee returned with their waters, placed them in front of everyone, then left.

Looking between the five, the blonde decided to explain. “I graduated school when I was fourteen.”

They were all speechless, except for Mir, who just nodded with a grin. Shin-Hee came back to take their orders, and after taking them, he hurried away. The group idly talked about anything that came to mind, like MBLAQ's upcoming concert and crazy fans, torturous games, favourite movies, and such. Some fans even walked up to them, giving Minji looks, some curious and others jealous, and asked for autographs, to which the five MBLAQ members agreed. When their food arrived, the talk lessened, though it did not die down completely. Seungho and G.O had chicken and rice, Joon had sushi, Cheondung had pork and noodles, Mir had pizza, and Minji had kimchi soup. The food disappeared quickly. Satisfied, everyone got up to pay and leave. They quickly put on their jackets and, for the five men, scarves to hide their faces. A woman, with black hair tied into a bun and brown eyes, smiled at them.

Did you enjoy your meals?” she asked politely.

Everyone nodded, and Minji quickly handed the woman her credit card before any of the MBLAQ members had even grabbed their wallets.

I'll pay for it all, Hana Unni.” Minji smiled.

Okay. We'll make it a family discount, and then put some of it on Shin-Hee and Chung-Hee's paychecks.” Hana giggled, swiping the credit card and handing it back to Minji. “Have a nice day, everyone. Come again.”

Seungho gave her a look as they left. “Why did you pay for us? We can pay for ourselves, Minji-ya.”

She shrugged indifferently. “I get a family discount, because two of my Oppas and Shin-Hee's girlfriend, Hana Unni, work there. It would be easier to do that than have each of us pay separately. Don't worry about it, Seungho Oppa.”

Cheondung grabbed her arm gently, looking excited. “Can you show me how you climb, now, Minji-ya?”

With a laugh, Minji nodded, taking off her winter jacket, giving it to Mir. She spun around on her toes and ran at the restaurant, jumping off of the ground just before she hit the wall and gaining finger hold to pull herself up from. Mir had his phone out and was taping Minji as she propelled herself up the building. Cheondung bounced excitedly beside Joon. When Minji got onto the roof, she turned and looked down at them.

How do you do that?” Cheondung called up to her.

By using the force that I used to jump up on the wall, I propel myself up using holds between the bricks!” Minji shouted back, getting ready to jump down.

She jumped right off of the roof and, upon touching the ground with the balls of her feet, tucked into a roll before popping back onto her feet again. G.O carefully brushed her back off. Mir handed her back her jacket, which she put on, then his phone buzzed. The Maknae looked at the text he had received, then grinned.

I have a surprise. A friend is meeting us here. They said they would be here in a few minutes.” Mir grinned.

Joon looked at him curiously. “Who?”

Shaking his head, Mir pretended to zip his lips. “I can't say. It's a surprise.”

G.O frowned. “Or you could tell us and we could pretend it's a surprise when your friend comes.”

Seungho agreed, giving Mir a dark, almost evil look. “Yeah, Mir. You can tell your Hyungs. We'll still act surprised. Just tell us.”

Cheondung smiled. “C'mon, Mir. You like to talk, so why stop now. Tell us who's coming to meet us.”

I-I, uh...” Mir stuttered.

Minji pouted at Mir. “Miru Oppa, please...”

It looks like you're being tortured. Should I have been here earlier? Sorry if I'm a little late.” the voice of Taemin sounded behind the group that faced Mir.

Face brightening, Minji spun around and ran to Taemin, hugging him. “Tae Oppa!”

Taemin laughed. “Mi-ah! You look like you're having fun.”

She nodded, stepping back to face all six men. “Yeah. Today was way more fun than what I had originally planned.”

What did you have planned, Minji-ya?” Cheondung asked.

Being lazy and watching TV? Working? Cleaning? Reading? Meeting some very boring friends? Cooking? Sleeping? Family stuff?” Joon listed, just as curious as Cheondung.

She winked, placing a finger to her lips. “Nope. It's a secret.”