Chapter 24

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

In too much pain to move, Minji laid on the ground, watching the woman in front of her. While she had been busy rolling, a security guard had come and handcuffed the insane woman, and another one came and grabbed the gun, which Minji had dropped. By now, a group of staff, trainees, and a few idols had started to form. Among them were the five SHINee members and most of the Super Junior members, as well as the f(x) members and a few of the members from Girls Generation and EXO. Taemin was the first to get to her, and cradled her head against his chest in comfort.

Why'd you do that, Minji? You could've been hurt way worse.” Taemin worried.

She's certifiably insane. She could've and would've shot anyone here, except for me.” Minji murmured.

Key kneeled down beside them and looked over her. “My poor baby! How much does it hurt? Pick her up, we're taking her somewhere to rest. And be careful with her.”

The woman scowled at Minji as Taemin picked her up, and shouted in English. “You good for nothing ! You can't do anything to save your life! Why don't you just go kill yourself and save everyone the trouble of dealing with you? Just die!”

Key petted Minji's hair. “Don't listen to anything that crazy woman has to say.”

Enraged, Minji shouted in Spanish. “Go back to the mental institution, you crazy old lady! Don't you ever come near me again! If you try to attack me again, I won't hesitate to break some bones! I'm not scared of you!”

We should get her out of here. Let's take her back upstairs.” Jonghyun suggested, trying to shield Minji from the curious stares with Minho and Onew.

They quickly took to the stairs, with the Super Junior and f(x) members, Henry, and the few Girls Generation and EXO members following. They moved into an empty practice studio and pulled up a chair for Minji to sit on. Minji had calmed down and relaxed in the chair, and tried to ignore the group that had gathered. Taemin stood right beside her and gave her a warm smile, to which she managed a small one in return. The four members from from Girls Generation, Kim Taeyeon, Lee Soon-kyu, or Sunny, Choi Soo-young, and Seo Joo-hyun, or Seohyun, as well as the members of f(x), Song Qian, or Victoria, Amber Liu, Park Sun-young, or Luna, Choi Jinri, or Sulli, and Krystal Jung all smiled and moved closer to Minji.

Awe, she's so cute. She looks almost like a doll.” Taeyeon cooed.

This is the Minji you guys have been talking nonstop about, right?” Amber asked, eyeing the members of Super Junior and SHINee. They nodded.

Poor girl. It looks so painful. Does it hurt at all, Minji-ya? Should we call a doctor or something?” Sulli questioned softly to Minji, bending down to be at eye level with her.

The people that knew her looked frantically at Minji, expecting her to freak out and try to run. She just beamed cutely. “No thank you, Unni. I feel a lot better.” She glanced at Taemin. “I left my case in the staff room, Oppa. Can I go get it?”

Key made a disapproving sound in his throat. “No, you can't Minji-ya. You're not walking anywhere.” He looked at Minho. “Can you go get it?” Minho nodded and left the room quickly.

Irritated, the blonde took her shoe off and threw it at Key, hitting him in the chest. “You're not my Umma! Besides, I wasn't even asking you!”

The members of Super Junior, Henry, and the other members of SHINee snickered. The few members of EXO, consisting of Kim Jong In, or Kai, Kim Joon Myeon, or Suho, Kim Min Seok, or Xiumin, and Huang Zi Tao, as well as Amber were trying to hold back their smirks. The other women were unsure what to do. The blonde sighed and leaned back to look at the ceiling. Minho came rushing into the room, case in hand, and stopped beside Taemin, handing it to Minji.

Is that a violin?” Henry asked.

You play a violin, Minji-ya? That's so cute.” Sunny smiled.

Minji nodded. “I can play many instruments. I play the violin, fiddle, acoustic and electric guitar, bass, ukelele, harp, drums, piano, flute, trumpet, harmonica, ocarina, and waterphone. And I can beat box.” She smirked. “Between that, my dancing, and my acting, I became famous.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae bounced like little children. “Can you beat box for us, Minji-ya? We wanna hear. Please?”

Laughing, Minji opened the case, revealing two instruments. Her violin and bow were strapped securely in, and in another pocket was her flute. She grabbed the flute and put the case down, then took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Everyone in the room fell silent, confused as to what she was doing as she started to play Fur Elise on the flute. She did the first little bit once, then went back to it. As soon as she started to play it again, she began to beat box along with it. She did the first part again before she stopped and covered her face in embarrassment, trying to hide her darkening blush. The women quickly group hugged her, cheering happily, which made Minji smile. The men made sounds of pleasant surprise. The hug broke apart when Minji's phone rang in her pocket. She grabbed it and looked at the caller ID before cringing. Shin-Hee Oppa.

Hello?” Minji asked quietly.

Minji, where the heck are you? Your Pabo dog just got here! You'd better not be with any boys, or else you're getting it! I will hunt you down and lock you up in your own house!” Shin-Hee shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

Don't you dare talk about King that way, Bingu Shin-Hee! If you do, I will happily torture you again!” Minji snapped angrily at her Oppa. “And you're not the boss of me, so shut up and leave me alone!”

Shin-Hee let out a sound of rage. “You're with them, aren't you? Huh? That's it! When you get home, all four of us are-”

Minji hung up and rolled her eyes, packing up her stuff. Taemin smiled comfortingly and helped her stand, then easily picked her up.

Who was that? Do you have a boyfriend or something?” Kai asked.

No, that was one of my Oppas, Shin-Hee. I grew up in a family of five children. I'm the second youngest, and the only girl. Even my cousins are boys.” Minji explained, pouting.

Taeyeon gave a cheerful look. “Well, you have us now, okay, Minji-ya? Call your Unnis anytime.”

All the women exchanged phone numbers, then the four EXO members and Henry exchanged numbers with her. After that was all done, Taemin walked out of the room to take her to a vehicle that would get her home. They got in the elevator, then Minji wrapped her arms around Taemin's neck, her case resting on her stomach.

Thank you for everything, Oppa. You really are the best.” Minji murmured softly. She kissed his nose.

You should phone me more often, Mi-ya. We don't spend enough time together. I want to help you get your memory back.” Taemin whispered back, resting his forehead against hers.

I would like that.” Minji answered.

Taemin looked into her eyes. “There's something I want to try. Would you mind?”

Minji gazed back. “Of course not, Oppa.”

He leaned forward until their lips brushed, and their eyes fluttered closed. Just as they were about to deepen the kiss, the elevator stopped, and the doors opened. They pulled away quickly, blushing, and Taemin walked toward the secretary. The woman at the desk looked up, slightly surprised at the sight.

How can I help you, Taemin-ssi?” she asked politely.

I need a vehicle so I can drive Minji-ya home. She needs to rest, and it's too rowdy here. Do you think you could get something?” Taemin smiled.

Off course, Taemin-ssi. I'll get a driver to bring one around front for you. Just hold on one moment.” she nodded, then phoned someone.

A black vehicle came around front and the driver handed Taemin the keys, then walked off. The back windows were tinted black, while the front ones were only slightly tinted. Neither of the two spoke of what had happened in the elevator as they got in and drove off.