Chapter 27

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

When Minji woke up, she was in her bed with King lying at the foot of her bed. She was still in the clothes she had worn earlier. Yawning, Minji got up and held her head as a headache pounded. King jumped off the bed and nudged her leg in comfort, then walked out of the room. Minji slowly followed the dog and almost had a heart attack when she saw the members of SHINee sitting in her living room. The all looked up and, upon seeing Minji, stood and walked toward her. That was when all the events from earlier came crashing Minji down to reality, and she wrapped her arms around herself.

Can I tell all of you something?” Minji asked softly.

Of course, Minji-ya. Come sit down.” Key nodded, motioning her to to come and sit.

Minji sat down beside Taemin and leaned on his shoulder. “Ever since I was small, my Appa has been a drunk. He was an abusive drunk, and he would beat anyone who was near him. My Oppas and I were all hit by him. But we never let him touch Dae. I'm not sure why, but all of us protected Dae with our bodies when our Appa tried to beat him.” She looked up. “Now I know why. He was diagnosed with a terminal illness as a baby, and was more frail than the rest of us. I was never told about his illness until earlier today.”

She frowned, continuing. “My Appa was the one who pushed me over a cliff and into the ocean when I was four, and he was the one who actually broke my arm when I was eight. Earlier, I went there after Dae died, and he was drinking. I told him that if he can't stop drinking, he's no longer considered my Appa.”

Onew frowned. “Good. We won't let him hurt you anymore, Minji-ya.”

Key nodded. “You don't ever have to worry about those kind of things ever again, okay? We'll protect you.”

You don't have to make yourself strong enough to handle those on your own, Minji-ya. If there's anything bugging you, please tell us.” Taemin said.

Are you wanting to come with us back to SM? We have to do a few more things before we can go home. Or would you rather phone a family member?” Jonghyun asked worriedly, standing.

I'll come.” Minji smiled softly, getting to her feet.

Minji ran into her room to grab a bag, then the group got into a company van and drove back to SM Entertainment. The five men left her again to record, and Minji walked around to find an empty dance studio. On the way, she changed into baggy grey sweatpants and a baggy blue long-sleeved shirt to hide her figure. A few minutes later, she finally found one and put her bag on the floor by the door. She grabbed her iPod and put it on the dock.

Minji hummed and put her hair into a bun, then put a black beanie on. “Dae liked it when I danced. He'd like it if I kept going forward.”

Ma Boy by Sistar19 came on, and Minji grabbed a chair before she danced along to the music with ease, knowing automatically what she was doing. Her movements were filled with purpose. The song changed, and Bad Apple started to play, to which she quickly changed her movements to follow the dance. The dance was meant for two people, but Minji was able to complete the one part of the dance. When it changed to Let it Go by Brit and Alex, Minji immediately started to throw some cheerleading moves into her dance, doing flips and splits and cartwheels. Little did she know that she was being watched throughout the whole time she had been dancing. Kai, Henry, and Lu Han, or Luhan, from EXO were standing just inside the door, eyes trained on her. Kai walked over to the dock and paused the music. Minji stopped dancing, her back to them.

Hey, who are you?” Kai asked Minji.

Spinning around with cold fire in her eyes, Minji took off her beanie. “I was dancing to that! What're you doing pausing it?”

Henry looked surprised. “Minji-ya? What are you doing here?”

She angrily eyed the three. “Waiting for the SHINee Oppas to finish up. What's it to you why I'm here?”

Henry strode up to Minji and pulled her into a hug, her hair. “We heard about your Dongsaeng, Minji. I'm really sorry. Nobody deserves that.” He sighed. “You should take the day to rest.”

I can't, Henry Oppa. If I rest, I'll get depressed. Besides, he always liked it when I danced.” Minji whispered, tears forming. “He told me to stay strong, so I can't stop, no matter what happens. So, please understand when I refuse.”

You're a very good Noona, Minji-ya.” Luhan stated. He stepped forward and bowed his head politely. “I'm Luhan from EXO-M, by the way.”

I know.” she smiled while blinking away her tears.

Henry released her and stepped back. Minji was about to put her beanie back on, but a loud bang at the door made all four of them look over at the sound. Seohyun ran into the room, arms outstretched and tears falling.

Minji-ya! I'm so sorry about your Dongsaeng!” Seohyun sobbed, throwing her arms around Minji.

Minji rubbed Seohyun's back soothingly. “Ssh, it's okay, Unni. Calm down. He's better where he is. He was in too much pain.”

Seohyun cried against Minji's shoulder and held her tightly. “H-how can you be so... so strong? I wouldn't be able to do that. How are you n-not crying?”

Dae was in my arms in his final moments. He told me to stay strong, so I want to fulfil his final wish. I'll comfort my family and stay strong for them, because they'll need strength more than anything right now.” Minji answered softly.

We're all here if you need us, Minji-ya.” Kai stated.

I'm sorry if I've only been trouble. I don't want to be a burden to anybody.” Minji apologized.

Please don't talk like that. You're nothing but a treasure, Minji-ya.” Seohyun scolded, composing herself and wiping her tears away.

They could hear arguing down the hallway, Key and Jonghyun squabbling over something with Minho, Taemin, and Onew laughing and putting their input in every little bit. Seohyun gave Minji a look, then released the younger woman. Everyone in the room stared at the door as the five men barely glanced in before passing, then ran back. Luhan and Kai rolled their eyes in amusement, Henry bit his lip to keep from laughing, Seohyun giggled, and Minji shook her head in disbelief.

Key ran in, arms spread out. “Minji-ya!”

The blonde ducked under him. “Key Oppa! Not happening.”

Taemin smiled, holding out his arms. “Mi-ya!”

She copied his movements. “Tae Oppa!”

Are you going to hug him?” Seohyun asked cheekily.

I'm not hugging anybody. They can get their hopes up, then have them crushed. My hugs aren't free.” Minji scoffed while smirking.

Not even me? I've never gotten a hug from you.” Luhan pouted.

Of course not. You were here when Kai Oppa turned off my music, so you are his accomplice and, therefore, do not deserve a hug.” she explained.

Then can we watch you dance one song before we leave?” Jonghyun asked, pushing everyone into the room and moving to the iPod dock. “We want to make sure you're happy before you get in the vehicle.”

Nodding, the blonde went to the middle of the dance floor and waited for the song to start. She took off her long sleeved shirt, leaving her in a tank top that reached above her belly button, and let her hair down. MAXSTEP by YOUNIQUE UNIT started. Without even flinching, Minji started to dance along, ignoring the group and the fact that four of the six that had done this song were standing in the room. The only thing on her mind was Dae and how she wished he was there with her. When the song finished, she looked up and met nine shocked gazes. A blush rose to her cheeks as she realized what she had just done.

Luhan got over it quickly. “That was amazing, Minji-ya.” He smiled. “Can I have a hug now?”

Minji rolled her eyes. “Fine, Luhan Oppa.”

Taemin pouted. “I thought you weren't giving anyone a hug. Why don't I get one?”

You always get hugs, Taemin Oppa.” Minji rolled her eyes, hugging Luhan.

Frowning in jealousy, Taemin walked over to Minji to grab her by the waist and lift her off of her feet, which made her squeak in surprise, and walked out of the room. Jonghyun grabbed Minji's bag and Onew grabbed her iPod, then they followed after Taemin with Minho and Key, saying goodbye to the group. By the time the four got out the door, Taemin had already disappeared in the elevator with Minji.

That was mean, Taemin Oppa. I was talking to Luhan Oppa, Henry Oppa, Kai Oppa, and Seohyun Unni.” Minji scolded as Taemin placed her on her feet.

Minji-ya...” Taemin said softly. She stopped and looked at him seriously. “Please don't do that to me. I don't like it when you pay more attention to other men. I need your attention, too.”

Minji blushed. “Oppa, you were jealous of all of them?”

Taemin gazed at her softly. “I don't know.” The elevator opened and they walked out, waiting for the other four in a far corner. “Minji-ya, how do you tell someone that you like them?”

I've heard most girls say to tell them straight out, but sometimes that can scare a girl off. Tell them as gently and as easily as you can.” Minji answered, feeling a small pang of jealousy. “It's better that way.”

Thank you, Minji-ya. I'll do that.” Taemin smiled.

The other four came over and joined them. Jonghyun gave Minji her bag, and Onew gave her her iPod.