Chapter 14

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Finally finished packing, Minji took her suitcases and placed them by her front door. She also grabbed a blank card that sat at her dining room table, and a pen, and sat down to write. The house was filled with music that played quietly from her iPod speakers in the living room. The song playing at the moment was Opera by Super Junior, and she hummed along. Slowly, she started to write.

Dear SHINee Oppas,

I apologize for leaving without telling any of you. I just don't want to make a big fuss.

I'm hoping to be home within a few months, and I'll try to keep in contact. Please don't worry about me. In fact, it should be me worrying about you. Be careful of those fans, make sure they don't try to steal you away before I get back, because I think I'd miss you all too much if you weren't there. Take care of yourselves with your busy schedules. Don't overwork yourselves.

Oppas, fighting!

Love from,

Yoo Minji

P.S. I never got to thank you for signing my posters. I'll just have to do something special for all of you when I get back.

P.P.S. Help yourselves to whatever you want. There's breaded chicken in the fridge for Onew, and a stock of banana milk for Taemin. Enjoy!

The song changed, and Hate You by 2NE1 started playing. Closing the card, Minji smiled as she read the two words that were printed in large print. 'Read Me.' Satisfied, Minji grabbed the letter and placed it at the little table in her entryway. Just as she was about to walk away, there was a quick sharp wrapping on her door before it opened, revealing her Umma and Appa, as well as all of her siblings, Hana, Rei, Rin, and Jung. She smiled, bowing politely. The group entered, removing their jackets, and made themselves at home in her living room. Rin latched onto her leg, and Jung was right behind her, on wobbly legs, grabbing onto her other leg. The music stopped playing.

Mi Ajumma, don't leave. Stay with me.” Rin begged sadly, sniffling.

Picking up the children, Minji gave them an encouraging look. “I'll only be gone for a few months, okay? I'll be back before you know it.”

Take me, too, Mi Ajumma.” Rin pleaded, wrapping her tiny arms around Minji's neck.

You know I can't do that, Rin. You need to stay with your Umma, Appa, Jung Dongsaeng, Ajussis, and Hal Mun Ni. Next time I'll take you with me if your Umma and Appa say it's okay.” Minji stated calmly, rubbing her nose to Rin's, which made the sad child giggle.

Smiling, Minji carried the two children into the living room to join the rest of their family. Jan and Chung-Hee were arm-wrestling, Shin-Hee and Dae were whispering to each other, Rei and Hana were talking, and her Umma and Appa watched them all quietly. Upon noticing Minji enter with the children, Rei gently grabbed Jung from Minji, and smiled politely. Minji smiled back and set Rin down. Hana moved over to join the two.

The children are going to be heart-broken when you leave, Minji.” Rei murmured, caressing Jung's cheek with her thumb.

Hana nodded. “You'd better phone often, or video chat, or something. If not, they're going to be so sad. They've grown so attached to you.”

Minji sighed. “I know, and I'll try.”

Rei turned her dark brown eyes upon Minji, looking mischievously curious. “So who were those men with you today? They were so wrapped up in scarves and stuff that I couldn't see their faces properly, and Umma wouldn't tell me anything.” She paused for a second before continuing. “And which one was your boyfriend?”

The young female blushed. “I don't have a boyfriend, Rei Unni. If I did, I would have told you and Hana Unni by now. They were some friends that wanted to have lunch.”

Hana grinned. “And do those friends happen to be the same people that we met at the dance studio, Mi-ya?”

Only one of them. There were six in total.” Minji mumbled, looking around to make sure nobody was paying attention to their conversation. “It was Taemin Oppa and the MBLAQ Oppas.”

How do you know idols?” Rei hissed excitedly.

I met the SHINee Oppas when I was attacked at night, about three weeks ago. They took me into town yesterday so they could accept a challenge from the group of Idol Maknae Rebellion. From there, Mir Oppa wanted me to meet the rest of the MBLAQ Oppas.” Minji explained quietly.

But what about your two different identities? Manager Carter said to not tell anyone that would tell the media until it is agreed that we'd be fine with the media.” Hana whispered.

I know. They don't know about 'Park Mi-Cha,' only 'Yoo Minji.' The only thing they know about me in America is that I went to a private school.” Minji assured.

Pouting, Rei gave Minji puppy eyes. “Next time you go to meet them, can you bring Hana and I with you? We'll be good and won't fangirl over them. Please? I really want to meet them.”

Hana nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah, take us with you next time, Mi-ya. That way you won't be all alone with a bunch of boys, and your siblings can't complain. We can fix your sibling's overprotective problem.”

You're not gonna dump my Oppas to go drool over some idols, are you?” Minji asked.

Not at all... unless it's worth it.” Hana hummed jokingly, winking.

Rei sighed. “Well, my babies are tired, so Jan and I had better get them home. Have fun, be safe, and phone often.” She gave the younger woman a one armed hug. “Don't do anything stupid, Minji. If I hear about you doing stupid things, I'll fly over there myself and set you straight. Got it?”

The blonde made a sound of agreement. “Of course, Rei Unni. I wouldn't expect anything less from you or Hana Unni.”

Having gained Jan's attention, Rei started toward the door, carrying Jung and pulling Rin lightly by the arm. Rin yawned and waved goodbye before disappearing around the corner to the front entry. Jan got to his feet, hugged Minji and kissed her temple, then followed after Rei and his children. Hana moved to sit on the couch beside Shin-Hee, and Dae and Shin-Hee stopped whispering, and Dae got to his feet. He went straight to Minji.

Noona, you'd better come home soon. It was hard to grow up without you, Noona. Please come home to be there for Rin and Jung. They need you.” Dae stated softly.

I'll be back very soon, Dae. I know how much all of you miss me, and I hope to get some time off to stay here. Just give me a few months to finish up, okay Dongsaeng?” Minji smiled, hugging Dae comfortingly.

Chung-Hee and Shin-Hee strode over to join their Dongsaengs, and patted Minji on the back. Grinning, Minji pulled away from Dae and looked between the three of them, eyes shining. They all knew that she was not ready to go back to America, that she wanted to stay with her family of whom had not been physically in her life for four years. Slightly averting his eyes from her watery gaze, Chung-Hee placed a hand on the top of her head.

Come back soon, Minji. Be safe.” Chung-Hee murmured, trying not to cry.

Don't get arrogant in your bit of fame. I will have to punch you if you do.” Shin-Hee growled, wiping at a tear.

Expression softening, Minji hugged her Oppas. “Please don't worry about me, Oppas. I think I should be worrying about you more. What are you going to do without me?” She laughed weakly. “You know that I love all four of you, right?”

Dae nodded. “Of course.”

Shin-Hee scoffed, trying to act tough. “Quit being such a girl, Minji. You're getting too emotional. You'll only be gone for a few months. Man up.”

You're the one that's crying, Shin-Hee. Quit being such a girl and man up.” Minji shot back playfully.

Shut up. I'm ten times more manlier than the manliest man out there.” Shin-Hee growled proudly.

Of course you are, Oppa. Now, I need to get home, so are you driving me or am I catching a taxi?” Hana smiled, getting to her feet and walking to the door, hugging Minji on her way.

I'm coming right now, Hana.” Shin-Hee answered, patting Minji's head once before leaving with his girlfriend. “Phone some time, Minji.”

I'd better head out, too, Mi-ya. I gotta work early tomorrow, so I need to sleep. You'd better phone. If not, I'll fly there to make sure you're still alive.” Chung-Hee stated, and he and Dae following his twin's footsteps out the door.

Minji's Umma got to her feet and hugged Minji tightly. “You're doing the right thing, Minji. Stay strong, baby girl. Things will get better, okay? If you need anything, I'll only be a phone call away.” Her Appa also got to his feet while her Umma continued. “We're so proud of you.”

After saying their goodbyes, Minji's Umma and Appa were gone. Sighing, Minji went to her room and went straight to her closet. Inside, hidden in the far corner so nobody could find it, was her pale blue acoustic guitar that had many signatures on it. Looking over it made Minji feel calmer as she remembered all the people she had met at some point or other while she was in America.

Michael Jackson

Rhianna

Beyoncé

Lady Gaga

Kesha

Justin Timberlake

Adam Lambert

Katy Perry

Jesse McCartney

Johnny Depp

Robert Downey Jr.

Emma Watson

Eminem

Will Smith

Dwayne Johnson

Carrie Underwood

Avril Lavigne

Sighing, she placed it in her guitar case, along with some song sheets and a few picks, and walked it over to the front door, leaning it against her suitcase to take with her. With one final glance around her, she turned and went to her room, grabbing the last of the things she wanted to bring. Her airplane would be leaving in a few hours, so she had to hurry to the airport.