Chapter 2

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

 The sound of Ring Ding Dong playing woke Minji up and, gasping for breath, she shakily sat up, grabbing her phone as a headache pounded in her head. The caller ID showed that it was the dance studio phoning her. Glancing around the room, Minji realized she was in a hospital with the curtains drawn around her bed and she was panicking. To calm herself down, she answered the phone.

“This is Yoo Minji, what's up?” Minji answered the phone, trying to sound calm and cheerful.

“Minji, where the heck are you?! The children will be coming in less than half an hour! You need to get your down here, now!” the irritated voice of a woman shouted.

“Ah, Hana Unni. Sorry, I'll be there within fifteen minutes. See you then?” Minji smiled.

“Fine, but hurry up.” Hana grumbled before hanging up.

Jumping to her feet, Minji ignored her headache and grabbed her sweater, phone, iPod, and keys while flinging open the curtain. She ran out of the room, not noticing the five men that were just waking up from other beds or chairs around the room, and put on her sweater. One of the nurses held out an apple and some pain medication for her headache. Grabbing the apple and pain medication, Minji hurried out of the building and down the road. Minji quickly swallowed the pills and took a bite of her apple, ignoring the irritated looks that were tossed her way. Her back and head were throbbing painfully and she was cold, but Minji focused on dodging around people on the busy sidewalk.

Minji cringed. “It's a good thing the dance studio is so close to the hospital, or I would be so late.”

As she said that, she saw the metal door that was the entrance to the dance studio. A woman with shoulder length black hair was leaning against the door, watching for her. A grin spread across Minji's face as she ran up to the other woman.

“I told you I wouldn't take long, Hana Unni. Sorry I'm late, but I was taken to the hospital last night.” Minji explained breathlessly.

Hana held up her hand with an amused smile. “Say no more, Minji. Now go inside and get changed. And next time, please phone me and warn me when you're about to be shipped to the hospital for the night so I can phone you earlier.”

The two laughed, entering the dance studio. Minji ran into the break room and grabbed the clothes that she kept here and changed into them. Tying her hair up into a ponytail, Minji bounced back into the studio and came face-to-face with her students.

Placing her index fingers to her cheeks in a cute fashion, Minji smiled. “Hello guys, I'm Yoo Minji! It's good to have you all back!”

Hana stretched her arms above her head, stepping forward to stand beside Minji. “So, did you all practice the exercises we showed you last day?”

The children nodded. Nodding satisfactorily, Hana waved them off to go and do their stretches. The two older women glanced at each other and moved over to the iPod dock, grabbing Minji's iPod and playing some music. The first song that came on was Juliette by SHINee. As Minji started stretching, Hana caught a glimpse of the bruise that was on her back and gasped into her hand. Luckily, the only one that heard the sharp intake of breath was Minji.

“What in the heck were you doing that caused you to get this?” Hana hissed quietly.

“I came here to practice dancing last night, but someone opened the door while I was, so I decided to head home. After I locked the door, these two guys started chasing me with metal pipes.” Minji shrugged.

Scowling, Hana lightly smacked her friend's arm. “Don't say it like it's nothing, Minji. You could have been seriously hurt. Then where would you be? Still in the hospital.”

Minji pouted. “But I'm fine, and nothing seriously bad happened. So calm down and focus on your job, Hana Unni.”

The brown haired woman sighed. “How did you manage to get out of that situation with only this large bruise and a bump on your head?”

“Some men were walking down the street when I was being chased, and stepped in when I fell.” Minji answered, trying to remember what they looked like. The only thing she could remember was that there were five of them, they were all wearing hats, and they all looked older than she was. “There were five of them. And the bruise isn't even that big. You need to stop over reacting.”

“Did you get their names?” Hana asked.

“No, I was too busy freaking about the hospital.” Minji smiled.

The large metal door creaked quietly as it opened, then closed firmly. Both Hana and Minji heard, and smiled at the people that entered. As soon as the five men turned the corner, Minji's jaw dropped and she froze, recognizing them from last night. And not only were they her 'saviours,' they were also the members of SHINee. They immediately saw her, frozen, and smiled, walking calmly over to her. Key looked slightly worried, and placed his wrist on Minji's forehead to feel her temperature.

“Hello, do you know Minji?” Hana asked curiously, not realizing that they were SHINee.

Taemin nodded. “Yes. Sorry, but we were worried when she suddenly left the hospital like that. Are we disturbing anything?”

Before Hana could reply, Minji finally spoke. “What are you doing here?”

Key frowned. “We were worried about you, Minji.”

A light blush spread across her cheeks. “But you don't even know me. We never met before last night, and that wasn't under the best of circumstances. And don't you have busy schedules?”

“We have a few days off. And we thought we could get to know you, Minji.” Jonghyun grinned, raising an eyebrow. “And you can call us Oppa.”

A little boy with black hair came running up to Minji and lightly touched her arm. “Teacher Mi, are you okay? Are you sick? Do you have a fever?”

“No I don't, Jae. But are you all warmed up?” Minji smiled softly, turning away from the men and kneeling down by the boy. He nodded and she grabbed his hands. “Okay, do you want to dance with me, then?”

“Can I? Really?” Jae questioned, his face brightening.

“Just like we practiced last day, okay?” Minji nodded, getting to her feet.

Enthusiastic, Jae backed up a few feet, then ran forward and jumped, his feet landing on Minji's waiting hands. He was propelled into the air and he did a spin before Minji caught him again and let him roll out of her arms. All of the other children had stopped what they were doing to watch. Jae immediately started dancing to the music, which had changed to Mona Lisa by MBLAQ. Minji started dancing with Jae, and some of the other kids started to join. Hana watched with amusement. The five men watched curiously. A little girl with chin length black hair spun into Minji's arms, and Minji picked her up to stand her on her shoulders. The girl giggled, then did a back flip, landing on her feet. Twin brothers ran up and grabbed Minji's hands, and she spun on her heels while lifting her arms so they were flying through the air. They let go and landed on their toes a few feet away. As the song ended, the children were calming down.

Hana ran up to Minji and hugged her. “That was awesome! Their balance is way better!”

Minji frowned and turned to look at the five men. “If you are going to be in our dance studio, then I challenge you to a dance-off. Me and Hana Unni versus all of you.”

The female mentioned quirked an eyebrow. “What makes you think they can dance, Minji?”

“Are you really that dense, Hana Unni? These five are SHINee. Of course they can dance.” Minji scoffed, giving her friend an annoyed look.

“We accept your challenge.” Onew grinned.

“And as our guests, please choose your song and go first.” Minji said politely, pointing to her iPod.

The five looked at each other, then raced over to the iPod, whispering amongst themselves. Hana stared wide eyed at Minji, mouth open in shock. They were both in slight shock, Minji for thoughtlessly challenging them, and Hana for having celebrities in the studio. All of the children sat off to the side and watched, eager to see the two groups dance. Lucifer came on and the five males calmly walked back to the middle of the room.

“We're only doing the chorus, so that we don't make you look too bad.” Jonghyun winked at the two.

Hana glared, not liking his cockiness. “Well then, we'll do the chorus for the first round so that you don't feel like we cheated. Just to be fair.”

Minji smirked. “Don't come crying to us when you lose, Oppa.”

The chorus came on and the five men started dancing, easily keeping pace with each other and the music. The children watched with amazement, while Hana and Minji studied them and whispered to each other. As soon as the chorus was done, Taemin was the first one to hop back over to them, still dancing a little bit. Both women took their hair out of their ponytails and Hana rushed to the iPod, changing it to Ring Ding Dong. Minji and Hana skipped over to the middle of the floor and listened to the music. Once the pre-chorus started, they started dancing in sync. Once it was over, they joined the five men again.

“That was pretty good, for amateurs.” Jonghyun scoffed.

“You did pretty good.” Onew smiled.

“Is your back hurting, Minji-ya? Did all that dancing hurt your back?” Key asked worriedly, stepping around Minji to look at her bruise.

Shocked, Minji took a step away from him. “I-I'm fine. Please don't worry about me.”

Nodding, Hana grinned. “Are you kidding? I could do way worse and she would be fine. Like... this!” She raised her arm and punched Minji's cheek really hard.