Chapter 13

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

G.O perked up. “She should come and meet our pets!”

Mir nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! Minji-ya, do you wanna come and meet them?”

Taking a step away from Mir and toward Taemin, Minji gave a nervous smile. “Something tells me these aren't normal pets. Should I be worried or scared?”

Of course not. We're not reckless, so there's nothing in our apartment that should worry or scare you.” Seungho answered nonchalantly, turning away.

Taemin Oppa... I don't trust them.” Minji muttered, grabbing Taemin's arm.

C'mon, we can take a look. Please, Minji-ya?” Taemin urged, placing a hand on the top of her head.

Just as she was about to give in, Minji's phone rang, startling all seven of them. Calming down, Minji grabbed her phone and looked at the caller ID. She cringed when she saw who it was, 'Manager Carter.' She left it to ring. Almost immediately after it stopped, it rang again. The caller ID read 'Umma,' and Minji gave an apologetic look before answering it.

Hello?” Minji answered, placing her cell to her ear.

Hey, baby girl. I was just wondering who you're hanging out with. They look interesting, with scarves hiding their faces.” her Umma stated in English.

Hanging her head, Minji groaned, replying in English. “You're stalking me, now? What is wrong with you?”

Joon gasped. “I understood stalking out of that whole sentence. Who's stalking you, Minji-ya? I'll take care of them for you.”

The sound of her Umma's phone being jostled met Minji's ears, quickly followed by a shill voice screaming into the phone. “MI AJUMMA!!”

Minji jerked her phone away from her ear, wincing at the shrill scream. Taemin started laughing, holding his sides. The members of MBLAQ looked at each other with confusion, not sure what to do or think. They all looked up the road to see a small girl with brown hair running at them with her arms held in front of her, as if she was planning to hug them.

Mi Ajumma!” she cheered, passing the idols without a second glance. She latched onto Minji's leg. “Mi Ajumma!”

What are you doing here, Rin? Where's your Umma and Appa? Or are you with Hal Mun Ni?” Minji asked quickly, eyes widening at the sight of the young four year old girl.

Mi Ajumma?” Mir repeated, looking at the others.

Taemin smiled, bending down to look her in the eye. “Hi, Rin. Do you remember me?”

Rin beamed, waving a hand in his direction, but not letting go of Minji's leg. “Ajussi! Ajussi!”

Trying to hold back a smirk, Minji looked at the five confused members of MBLAQ. “My oldest Oppa has two children. This is Rin, his oldest. She's four, and her Dongsaeng is two and a half.”

Running up to the group, a pale woman with greying blonde hair and blue eyes bowed to the group, holding a brown haired infant boy. “I'm sorry if she has caused any trouble, she ran off once she saw Minji.”

No problem. Are you Minji's Umma?” G.O smiled, glancing between Minji and the woman.

Yes. My name is Yoo Lucy. It's a pleasure to meet some of Minji's acquaintances.” the woman flashed a smile, adjusting her hold on the infant.

This is my crazy stalker.” Minji rolled her eyes, muttering to the group. “Umma, this is Taemin, Mir, Cheondung, Joon, G.O, and Seungho. And keep your mouth shut, or else you'll attract attention.”

Joon spoke, eyeing the two. “You two look alike. It's almost like a warped mirror.”

Seungho, holding back his laughter, smacked Joon on the back of the head. “Hey, watch what you're saying, Joon.”

Biting his lip, Taemin brushed himself off and bowed. “It's a pleasure to meet you, Lucy-ssi. Your daughter is an amazing individual, and I enjoy her company.”

A blush spread across Minji's face, and Cheondung and Mir noticed. Cat-like grins grew on their faces, and they walked closer to her. Mir purred. “Something wrong, Minji-ya? Are you getting a little hot with that jacket on?”

Or is it something else? It happened so suddenly, it almost looked like embarrassment, or something like that.” Cheondung nodded, speaking in his octopus voice.

I-I'm fine.” Minji stammered, cringing a little bit.

Obasan, who are the weird men?” Rin asked in Japanese, pulling on the sleeve of Minji's jacket and pointing to the members of MBLAQ. Her light brown eyes met Minji's icy blue ones and held her gaze.

Bending down to Rin's level, Minji smiled at the young girl and replied in Japanese. “These 'weird people' are Obasan's acquaintances, just like Taemin-kun. Be nice and say hello to them, please, Rin-chi.”

Mir pouted at Cheondung. “I'm not weird, am I?”

G.O grinned, nodding at Mir. “You're extremely weird, Mir. I don't blame the girl for being scared.”

Rin turned to the men and bowed, speaking in Korean. “Hi, I'm Rin.”

Ah, so cute!” Joon cooed, beaming at her.

Rin, we have to go. Appa will be wondering where you two are if we don't get home soon. Say goodbye so we can go.” Lucy stated kindly to Rin, holding out her hand.

Rin scowled, clinging onto Minji's leg again. “No! Mi Ajumma! I want Mi Ajumma! No Appa! No Umma! No Hal Mun Ni! I want Mi Ajumma!” With that, she hid her face against Minji's leg, tightening her grip and crying. “Mi Ajumma, don't go!”

Taemin chuckled. “Looks like you're someone's favourite person, Minji-ya.”

Rin, you have to go with Hal Mun Ni, or else Appa will get jealous that you're having more fun with her than him. You don't want Appa to be jealous, do you?” Minji tried to persuade the child, smoothing out her brown hair.

No Appa!” Rin shouted, her voice muffled against Minji's leg. The infant, Jung, started crying, reaching for Minji.

Apologetically, Minji smiled at the men. “Looks like I can't go see your pets today, Oppas. Maybe next time, okay?”

Shaking her head firmly, Lucy glared intimidatingly at her daughter, backhanding the back of the younger woman's head. “You're a brat! I am taking my darlings and we are having a fun day! Don't ruin it!”

Lucy grabbed Rin's hand and pulled her away from Minji at the same time Shin-Hee and Hana came running out of the restaurant, wearing their jackets and out of uniform. Shin-Hee made a bee-line for Minji, a harsh glare meeting her shocked gaze. Cringing, Minji bowed to her company before spinning and speeding down the road, away from her Oppa.

Will she be okay?” Cheondung asked.

She'll be perfectly fine. Shin-Hee-ssi won't be extremely violent with her. And she can take care of herself.” Taemin smiled confidently, watching Minji disappear around a corner, followed closely by Shin-Hee.

Are you sure? I mean, he looked pretty mad.” Joon stated, unsure.

Taemin nodded, turning to walk away. “When we were over at her apartment, she brought both Shin-Hee and his twin brother, Chung-Hee, to the ground within a few seconds. She's a lot tougher than she looks.”