Chapter 6

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

 Minji and Rin strode out of the room to wash Rin's hands and face, leaving the five SHINee members in the living room. Jonghyun and Key both looked at Taemin and made kissy faces, which made Taemin blush and pout. Minho tried to hide his grin, but chuckled, and he and Onew joined Key and Jonghyun in making kissy faces at Taemin. Sticking his tongue out, Taemin turned his back to them and faced the far wall. Rin came running back in the room, and stopped when she saw what the five were doing. Minji came in a few seconds later, and the four stopped making kissy faces, instead smiling innocently at her. Rin jumped to sit on Key's lap.

“Um, Taemin Oppa, why are you facing the wall?” Minji asked tentatively.

“N-no reason, Minji.” Taemin stammered, leaning back to look at Minji upside down.

She laughed quietly into her hand. “Okay, then. Were they bugging you? Do you want to come with me to get Jung? That way they can't pick on you.”

Smiling, Taemin got to his feet and nodded. “Okay, let's go.”

Key cooed. “Awe, our Taeminnie is growing up.”

Minji rolled her eyes. “Sometimes I wonder just how mature older people are. I think the older they get, the more loopy they get.”

Taemin laughed, following Minji to the guest bedroom. “That would explain a lot of things.” As they reached the door to the guest bedroom, he grabbed her arm and stopped her, looking shyly at her. “Uh, Minji-ya, I was wondering if... if you would be able to... tutor me sometime.”

“If you don't have a busy schedule and I can make it into Seoul, or something.” Minji smiled, blushing.

She pushed open the door and they slipped silently inside. Minji grabbed Taemin's arm and led him to the bed, where Jung was snoring softly. Quickly, Minji released Taemin and picked Jung up, bringing the infant closer to her face.

“Jung, Appa's coming to get you. It's time to wake up.” Minji murmured softly to Jung. “You need to wake up before Appa gets here.”

Brown eyes slowly blinked open, and Jung whined, stretching. Minji smiled and looked up at Taemin, who flashed a smile back. Jung yawned and looked around the dark room. As his tired eyes caught sight of Taemin, Jung hid his face in Minji's neck, and she laughed lightly as she followed Taemin out of the room.

“Taemin, we have to go. Manager just phoned, wondering where we are.” Jonghyun called down the hallway to Taemin, then smirked. “Unless you want to stay, then we can make an excuse for you.”

“Ah, I have to go. I'll see you around, Minji-ya.” Taemin turned to Minji, bowing in farewell.

“Okay, Taemin Oppa.” Minji smiled back, bowing as best as she could with Jung in her arms.

She followed the five to the door to say goodbye, with Rin latching onto her leg and Jung hiding his face against her neck. Key was the first one to throw his arms around Minji and hug her, then he fixed her hair quickly and kissed her temple. Jonghyun placed a hand on the top of her head and kissed her forehead. Onew winked at her and blew a kiss. Minho gave her a one-armed hug and kissed her other temple. Finally, Taemin hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek.

“It was fun. Thank you for saving me last night, and I'm sorry for how I acted. I probably wouldn't be right here, right now if it wasn't for all of you.” Minji smiled, blushing.

Jonghyun grinned. “No problem. Our numbers are in your phone, so keep in contact, Minji. We should probably go before your Oppa gets here.”

Jan cleared his throat from behind the five, glaring angrily down at them. “A little late for that, you maggots. What are you five doing kissing my little Minji? And why are you alone in her apartment?”

The five spun around and Key and Minho stood protectively in front of Taemin, with Jonghyun and Onew standing in front of them. Jan cracked his knuckles and curled his hands into fists. Quick as a flash, Minji pushed Rin off of her, handed Jung to Taemin, and grabbed a magazine, rolling it up. Glaring right back at her older brother, Minji pushed past the five and swung the rolled up magazine at Jan's head. It connected loudly.

“Quit being a jerk, Pabo Jan! They have done nothing wrong! Now stop acting like a tough guy, grab your children, and get lost! I don't want to call the police on you, but I promise you I will if you lay a finger on even one of them!” Minji snapped.

“But you're my Dongsaeng, and I need to protect you.” Jan growled.

“No, I'm your angry Dongsaeng, and you need to protect yourself from my wrath.” Minji retorted hotly.

Jan frowned. “Fine. Rin, come here. Where's Jung?”

Taemin handed Jung to Minji, and she gave him to Jan. “Right here.”

Rin squeezed through the group and gave her Appa a toothy grin as she ran up to him. Jan grabbed her hand and took her and Jung to his car without another word to Minji. Taking a deep breath, Minji turned and smiled at the five shocked men that stood in the entryway of her apartment, relaxing her tense muscles.

“Um, are your Oppas usually like this?” Jonghyun asked nervously.

“No, not usually. The last time they acted like this was when I had some creepy stalker. He ended up in the hospital with a broken arm and a few broken ribs.” Minji shrugged calmly.

“Oh, I feel so reassured, now. Thank you for clearing that up, Minji.” Key said sarcastically.

Minji smirked. “They may act all mean, but unless you give them a reason to go after you, they won't do anything... usually.”

Taemin nodded, looking slightly relieved. “Okay. Then we should get going before Manager does something drastic. See you around, Minji-ya.”

Bowing, Minji sighed. “Yeah. Goodbye. Have a safe trip.”

The five left without another word.