Chapter 29

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

It had been a few days since Minji had last contacted Taemin, or any idol companion in general. Taemin had first shrugged it off as part of the grieving process, but now he was getting worried that something was wrong. Her cell had been turned off all day. At the moment, Taemin was driving over to her house to see her and, hopefully, confess his feelings for her. When he got there, Minji's car was not in the driveway and everything seemed empty. One of her neighbours was outside, an older man.

Taemin strode over to the man and bowed kindly. “Excuse me, but I was wondering if you knew where your neighbour, Yoo Minji, was.”

He looked at Taemin and grunted. “Minji-ssi finished packing yesterday and moved this morning.”

Where did she move to?” Taemin asked, starting to panic.

Minji-ssi and some of her family were moving to America. Their plane left early this morning.” the old man stated.

Taemin's eyes widened and it felt like his heart had stopped in his chest. Minji had left without telling anybody. That meant nobody knew where exactly she went, and they might not find her.

The old man cleared his throat. "Minji-ssi gave me a picture of a man and a note, and told me to give the note to the man. It was a picture of you. Come with me."

The old man walked to his house and Taemin followed, hopeful of a clue. They went inside and Taemin waited by the door for the old man, who went to the kitchen to grab the note Minji had given him. After a minute of searching for it, he came back and handed Taemin the picture and the note, giving him a sad look. Taemin quickly read the note.

Dear Taemin-ssi,
My Umma has decided to move back to America, and Shin-Hee, Chung-Hee, Hana, and me are going with her. Jan, Rei, Rin, and Jung are going to Japan. Please forget that I ever existed in your life; I'm just a problem, and I'm going to fix that right now. Sorry for all the trouble I caused you. Tell everyone that I'm sorry, and I wish them the best of luck with their futures.
Don't try to find me. That will only make things worse. And I don't have the same phone number anymore, so don't bother trying to phone or text.
Good luck with the lucky girl you're going to ask out. I hope you two are happy together.
Yoo Minji

"I'm sorry." the old man said.

Taemin looked at the picture, and his breath caught. It was a picture of Minji and Taemin hugging on Idol Maknae Rebellion, and it was ripped right down the middle, splitting the two in the picture.