Chapter 15

Her Double Life (Lee Taemin Love Story)

It was August 9, 2012. There was a concert tonight, and a few bands and idols had been told to come, even if they were not singing or playing at all. They were all told to come, because there was a 'big surprise' for all of them during the concert. None of the staff would tell the idols what the surprise was, but would just snicker and run off. The idols that had been invited were SHINee, MBLAQ, Super Junior, BIGBANG, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, as well as Song SeungHyun from FT Island and Shin DongHo from U-Kiss. Most of the idols had shown up, except for some of the members of Super Junior, who already had preexisting schedules that could not be rearranged. Lee Sungmin, Henry Lau, and Kim Young-Woon, or Kangin, were not there due to their schedules, Zhou Mi was in China, and Kim Heechul was doing his mandatory military service.

At the moment, all of the idols were sitting in Super Junior's dressing room, trying to figure out what the surprise was.

Maybe it's some new band performing for us.” Mir suggested.

Nah, they wouldn't do that. That would give them unneeded competition early on.” BIGBANG's leader, Kwon Jiyong, or G-Dragon, shook his head.

Maybe some sort of awards?” Super Junior's Shin Dong-Hee, or Shindong, offered.


Everyone nodded slowly.

The room was packed, with not enough room for people to move freely. There was Super Junior's Park Jeong-su, or Leeteuk, Kim Jong-Woon, or Yesung, Shindong, Lee Hyuk-jae, or Eunhyuk, Lee Donghae, Choi Siwon, Kim Ryeowook, and maknae Kim Kyuhyun. Then there was SHINee's Lee Onew, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Key, Choi Minho, and Lee Taemin. After that was MBLAQ's Yang Seungho, Jung G.O, Lee Joon, Park Cheondung, and Bang Mir. Next was BIGBANG's Choi SeungHyun, or T.O.P, Dong Young-bae, or Taeyang, G-Dragon, Kang Daesung, and maknae Lee SeungHyun, or Seungri. Then it was 2NE1's Lee Chaerin, or CL, Park Bom, Park Sandara, or Dara, and maknae Gong Minji, or Minzi. Following was Wonder Girls' Kim YuBin, Park YeEun, Min SunYe, Ahn SoHee, and Woo HyeLim. Also there was Song SeungHyun and Shin DongHo.

Taemin's phone buzzed in his pocket as he got a text.

To: Taemin Oppa

I hope to see you soon, Oppa. I miss you. <3

From: Minji

A staff member knocked on the door and slowly opened it, grinning. She bowed to the idols, then motioned for them to follow her. Slowly, they all piled out of the smaller room and followed her. She led them to the stage, and pointed out happily. Music had started to play, and they all glanced around in confusion. Then, up from the rising stage, came three well-built men with their backs facing each other, and someone stood in the middle of them.

The three men wore tight black shirts with the sleeves ripped off, and loose black jeans. One of them, more muscular looking than the other two, had darker tanned skin with short brown hair. Another had a light tan with slightly shaggy brown hair. The last was pale with short blonde hair.

The music really started going, and the three men broke away from each other to reveal a smaller woman, her long blonde hair having light blue tips and up in a ponytail. She wore black shorts, with black ripped leggings underneath, black high tops, a baggy black sweater with a white cross on it, and fingerless leather gloves.

The music was a mash-up of many different Korean pop songs, and the four danced perfectly along with the music, following the choreography of each part of a song that came up. Each movement was powerful and elegant. The idols were held captive by them. Close to the end of the song, the three men surrounded the woman and took off the fingerless gloves and the baggy sweater, revealing a black tank top, and flipped her upside down, hooking her legs on a bar that nobody had realized had been lowered. It started going up, her hanging upside down, and the three men started dancing again. As the bar got higher in the air, she grabbed onto it and unhooked her legs, starting to flip around on it. The song was coming to a close, and she let go of the bar, flying through the air and landing on her feet near the three men. They finished with a pose, and were brought down by the rising stage.

Hey, are we going to meet them?” Jonghyun asked a staff member.

She bowed. “Later, Jonghyun-ssi. Allow them to freshen up, then they will come back to stage to meet all of you.”

Leeteuk sighed, impatient to meet them. “Where are they from? And what are their names?”

Holding back a giggle, she answered. “They came from America, Leeteuk-ssi. And they will introduce themselves later.” She then addressed everyone. “Please put on your microphone sets and get on stage.”

With that, she left. Unable to do anything else, they all put on their microphone sets and walked on stage in their bands, bowing and waving to the fans in the crowd. An MC was standing in the center of the stage, motioning them over, and they all joined him.

Did all of you enjoy your 'big surprise?' They worked hard to learn that dance for you.” the MC stated, facing the large group of idols.

Seungho let out his breath. “I think we were all very shocked when we saw them. But they all did very good.”

DongHo bounced slightly. “When are we going to meet them?”

They're coming to stage right now.” the MC answered, a grin spreading across his face. “Now, all of you welcome your entertainers as they come out.”

Taemin's phone buzzed as a text came in. Sneakily, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked it.

To: Taemin Oppa

It's good to see you tonight, Oppa.

From: Minji

The dark skinned man came out first, wearing a black muscle shirt and dark blue jeans. Behind him was the pale man, wearing a loose grey t-shirt, black jeans, and a black flat rimmed hat. Then it was the woman, her hair let down, wearing a black tank top with a leather vest, ripped light blue jeans, and a black flat rimmed hat with studs on the rim, hiding her face. Lastly, it was the tanned man, who wore slightly ripped grey skinny jeans and a black v-neck t-shirt. All four of them wore black skater shoes. They came to a halt several feet away from the idols and bowed.

The dark skinned man spoke Korean, though he had a strange accent. “Hello. It's a pleasure to see all of you face-to-face for the first time. We've heard many things about all of you. My name is Jerico Rosa.”

The pale skinned man continued, smiling a cute dimpled smile. “I'm Oliver Bates.”

The tanned man nodded seriously, also having a slight accent. “I'm Joel Banner.” He pointed to the woman, whose face was still hidden. “Her stage name is Park Mi-Cha. She would rather all of you call her by her real name, since most of you would know it. She is Yoo Minji.”

Everyone's heads snapped to look solely at the woman who was supposedly Minji. Slowly the woman looked up and they all gazed into warm pale blue eyes. A grin spread across her face, and she waved happily.

It's good to see so many new faces, and some known ones. I hope all of you enjoyed your surprise.” Minji spoke kindly to the idols, taking off her hat and bowing again.

Minji-ya!” the members of SHINee and MBLAQ, as well as SeungHyun and DongHo shouted, running at her.

Oppas! I missed all of you!” Minji giggled, hugging each one of them.

The MC cleared his throat. “These four are some actors, dancers, and musicians in the American entertainment industry that have made it big. One of them have even danced with Michael Jackson during his practice for the This Is It tour, and she became one of America's treasures.”

Minji blushed, shooting a light glare at the MC. “That was supposed to be a secret!”

She danced with Michael Jackson?” G-Dragon gaped.

Were you in the document produced about it?” Leeteuk asked Minji.

Not directly, Leeteuk-ssi. I asked the producers not to put any footage with me directly in it in the documentary. I was only there while one of his backup dancers were sick. I might have been in one clip.” Minji replied, blowing her cheeks up as she thought about it.

She's so cute! I might have to steal her!” Sandara cooed, running to Minji and pushing the men away so she could hug her. Bom, CL, and Minzi joined her.

How old are you?” Kyuhyun questioned.

Joel stepped forward protectively. “She's eighteen. Why are you so curious, punk?”

Frowning, Minji bowed apologetically to the members of 2NE1, removing herself from their arms, and Kyuhyun, who looked slightly taken aback. Quickly she spun around and kicked him in the side. Joel cringed, but otherwise showed little reaction. Minji took one step closer to the taller, muscular man, and smacked him on the side of the head.

Minji scolded the older man. “I told you to be respectful before we came here, Joel. You're a grown man, so stop being a Pabo and act more mature. Honestly. Be nice to Kyuhyun-ssi.”

Eunhyuk grinned. “I like her.”

She wasn't sure anyone would, so she spent all the free time she could, when none of you were here, practising her stunt on the bar.” Oliver admitted, glaring at Minji. “We didn't know where she was half the time, and we've been here for a week and a half. A few days ago she ended up landing wrong and twisting her ankle.”

The doctor told her not to do anything that might re-twist it. We told her not to do jump off the bar, and the staff would bring her back down, but she told the staff to go with the original plan without us knowing.” Jerico added.

We should have the medics take a look at her ankle.” Joel muttered.

Smiling innocently, the blonde bowed. “Well, I have to go. There's somewhere I need to be, and I can't be late.”

Taemin frowned. “Minji, you need to get checked out by the medics.” She made a whiny sound.

Yesung raised an eyebrow. “Does she not like doctors, or something.”

Or something.” Oliver replied, amused.

It was nice to meet all of you. Thanks for the signed posters, by the way. I must be going, now. Goodbye.” Minji smiled, bowing, then turned and speed walked off the stage.

Minji!” Taemin called after her, and she stopped to look at him. “We'll come over in a little bit, okay?”

Of course, Oppa. I'll make something for everyone to eat.” Minji nodded, then ran off.