Chapter 24 (Chanyeol)

Story 1 (mama)

 

He drifted into awareness slowly, and as he did, he felt like he was being pressed down by a heavy weight. As his vision cleared, he noticed the chains wrapped tightly around his body and the reclined chair he was on and struggled hard against them. He tried burning them and just succeeded in hurting his own skin on the heated metal. 
 
"Fire. Yes you're Thomas' son for sure. Guess I only have to worry about when you change." The man cocked his head then motioned with his hand to someone. A plastic box descended from the ceiling somewhere. Chanyeol was still having a hard time focusing.
 
"What did you do to me?" He yelled. He suspected the plastic box was heat resistant so very thick, but there were holes for air and sound to go through. He probably didn't need to yell but he was so scared and angry. "Where's D.O?"
 
"Who are you talking about? My son? Did he give you a fake name?" The man chuckled. "That's strange. I thought you guys had gotten much closer since Jongin doesn't hang around. My sources tell me you're lovers." 
 
"Are you crazy? How are me and that dumb kid lovers? In what way would I touch him except maybe to punch the crap out of him?" Chanyeol huffed. What a stupid man. Couldn't even spy on people right and expected to be such a supervillain or something. 
 
"So maybe it's the other one." D.O's father spoke quietly. "You're not him right now, but I can force you to change, I think."
 
The man had the most sinister smile Chanyeol had ever seen out of a movie. So, he wanted Yifan. What had Yifan done? What had he been doing with Chanyeol's body? He suddenly felt very ill. And more than a little unwanted. Everything had to do with Yifan. And probably because of his gangster father. "What do you want with him? Is it because of who his father is?"
 
"Yes, it's exactly about that. And when you go to that world, you can bring Toshi a message for me." 
 
*
 
"And then he electrocuted me until I passed out, and I'm here now." Chanyeol looked down afraid to look into Kenneth's eyes. Yifan's father was just as frightening as D.O's. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop it. I know you told me to protect him. Myself."
 
"Are you sure he said that, though? If it was still possible I would have used the medication long ago." Kenneth's eyes were blazing when Chanyeol stole a glance. 
 
"There was one?" He dared to ask. "A way to keep us from switching?" 
 
"Of course! Thomas and William couldn't continue changing all the time could they?" Kenneth snapped. "So.. That means that Arthur could now have his hands on the formula. And my son." 
 
"What happened to our fathers?" Chanyeol asked hesitantly. He had asked the question before but was always ignored. Told to forget about it. He was pretty sure what the answer was anyway. 
 
"You don't want to know, kid." Was Kenneth's response this time. He could be right. Both him and Arthur were the kind of men that were capable of murder. "Tao. I need to find Zitao now! Where is he?"
 
"Probably at his boyfriend's house." Chanyeol muttered. Not feeling any more valuable in this situation. 
 
"Boyfriend?" Kenneth raged. "What boyfriend?"