One week ago (Russell and Jonathan)

Story 1 (mama)

"We won't know what will happen when the halves reunite. We've never split her before so, there is no precedent for this." Russell stared deep into Jonathan's eyes. He tried to imagine a soul lurking there, just past the components and programming. If one of the outcomes that are most likely come about, the robots will once again be the guardians of every living being on their reunited planets. But also in a sense, the supreme rulers. The possibility of the red force emerging again here in this place will be gone. And still, ingrained in the DNA of their children. That's the horrifying thought that he would have to live with.


"I will do whatever you tell me to do." Jonathan seemed to have bitten back a 'master' on the end of the sentence. And for some reason, Russell was relieved. He paused of a very long time. Thinking about everything that had gone wrong and everything that still could. Minseok was a big part of this and as far as he knew, still not as confident as he needed to be. And in that other world. That other place, he would either have to become a great leader or keep living in Yixing's shadow. 
Yixing would be a great leader too. His linage expected nothing more. But deep down, Russell wanted more for his own son. He wanted to carry on his name and legacy to that other world as everyone wished. 

 

"He can open the door." He revealed finally. That was one thing. Kenneth could change the responsibility of a dead person but hadn't gone as far as to kill Russell, himself. But after the act, Russell had gone into hiding and also hid every piece of memorabilia he had of the past. And then faked his own death for this moment. Kenneth would think that he needed both of his sons now but he was telling his robot a different thing. 


"I wish I could go with him. To open the doors and see her once more but it's too risky. He might still try to kill me. His DNA is already programmed in. And without mine..."


"He won't kill Minseok, will he?" 


Russell felt his heart warm to hear the protectiveness in Jonathan's voice. "No. He knows we need all 12 for the alignment. I'm counting on the fact that he hates Arthur more than me."


Jonathan nodded. "Do I tell him right away?" He asked. "In case he has any delusions?"


"No. We don't know exactly how much he really does hate me."