Chapter 42 (Tao and Sehun)

Story 1 (mama)

It's understandable that Sehun was angry over being abandoned. The other guys felt like they were oh so much more special than him or something. And so he sulked. Blowing little puffs of air from his pursed lips due to absolute boredom. And watched some more of his new favourite show and only half-wondered what the other guys were up to.

And then there was a flicker. An almost non-existent sign that got caught in his peripheral vision. It startled him upright. He'd almost forgotten about  that ing butterfly. It drew a smile across his face to be a part of something sacred. Or at least private, once again. So he reached out a finger, a hand. And the fluttering wings were unlike anything else he'd felt. Because unlike the real motion of an insect, the wings beat in succession with his heart, or rather, his brain. Flapping out an oddly familiar pattern.

S.O.S. I need your help. I need you. You, Sehun, are needed.

But not really. He looked around. A veil of grey kept intruding on his vision as he moved his head. His eyes. And floated away. And came back. Until he finally caught a glimpse.

And the butterfly spoke. In a soft, small voice that may have been only inside his own mind. But it still asked as though it was pleading. "Can you see me?"

"I can hear you." Sehun breathed like a song. A whisper of a melody that only he and his new but only friend could understand.  "Are you..." There was no time to ask if the butterfly was real before the light thinned into a vertical tear and an arm broke through. In the middle of the library. Reaching. So Sehun impulsively grabbed it. Him. And pulled him into his arms.

His eyes fixed on the dark-haired man in front of him for only a few seconds that truly only felt like that, before he pulled him close for a kiss. Hand resting on the butterfly boy's neck.

Tao pulled away immediately, waking Sehun from the stupor he had just experienced. Clearing the fuzz out of his mind but not the embarrassing memory of how he'd felt in those few moments that had seemed like an eternity and a millisecond at the same time.

"Sorry." He managed quietly as he was looking down. Cheeks flushed pink. Heart still pounding heavily in his chest. He usually never apologized to anyone but this was such a strange situation, that he had no idea how to act suddenly.

Tao shrugged cooly. He was just as embarrassed as Sehun visibly was but he tried hard not to let it show. The kiss had been incredible. Better than any with Luhan. And it made him feel like a complete for even thinking it so he would never say the words aloud, ever. "This place. Where is it?" He wondered aloud as he looked around at the floor to ceiling bookshelves.

"The castle. Or, that's what Kai calls it. The castle. Well, it's pretty enormous so..." Sehun tried getting Tao's attention back to him. But the other man was now intrigued by a pair of swords hanging over the fireplace. He stepped around the television and it's cords to get a closer look. "By the way. Um.. I'm Sehun."

"Wind. Hmm..." Tao mumbled. "Kai, Lay and Xiumin told us about you all. Joonmyun, water. Baekhyun, light. And we already know about Kyungsoo and Chanyeol." He ran a fingertip along the blade of one sword and quickly withdrew his finger. Good. This would do.

"And, you're..?" He could deduce that it was either Luhan, Chen or Zitao. Lay had told them stories about the other guys too. He was so curious to find out who his butterfly boy was.

"That's Zitao." Kai's voice came from behind Sehun. Startling him. ". Someone needs to get you a bell." He exclaimed.

Kai smirked before directing his attention to Tao. "How did you get here?"

"Portal?" Tao was now twirling one of the swords upright in his hand. Testing the weight. Face just as placid as before. "This guy made something happen. Or.. I did. Right, butterfly boy?"

Sehun's heart skipped at the name he had called Tao only moments ago only in his head. They had to be connected. He felt himself blush again when Kai looked at him with a raised eyebrow. But Kai said nothing to him only Tao again. "Your father is really freaking out. He wants me to bring all of you back now. Like.. everyone."

"That's stupid. How are we going to get to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol?" Sehun butted in. Tao pulled the other sword from the wall and swung the two expertly.

"Take me to Arthur." He commanded to Kai. Who surprisingly laughed at the artistic display.

"Woah. Hold on. Xuimin's uncle has another plan. And oh.. did you know he's a robot?" Kai added.