Chapter 6 (Chanyeol and Kris)

Story 1 (mama)

 

There was nothing tangible anymore. Living the life of both him and another person and never knowing who he was from one day to the next. He would burn in such a fiery fury and be perfectly normal in the next moment. And be the other part of himself.
 
Could he have been 10 or maybe 12 when he first awakened as someone else? Chanyeol was Yifan and vice versa. Being utterly terrified in a strange bed with a strange family. Having breakfast at a table with strangers. Toaster waffles instead of cereal. It took him years not months to adjust to the frightening reality of it all but he finally did adjust. Notes left in journals in hopes of catching up on life. But he never was the same. They had become the same person out of resistance to going crazy. He was now he. And there was no one to help either of them. That was until Kai came around. 
 
 
"Your real name isn't Kai." He pointed out. A frown marring his otherwise beautiful face. He felt like he could easily kill the transporting standing before him. One touch. Just get near enough. 
 
The boy in front of him scoffed. "Are you really Chanyeol? Is that your real name?" And he wanted to kill the guy even more. He wasn't Chanyeol inside at the moment but they were still them. 
 
"What do you want?" He asked with gritted teeth. Breathing heavily through his nose. 
 
Kai's expression softened slightly, but only in his eyes. "I came to tell you something. But you have to tell each other this too." He paused. More for Chanyeol's sake than his own. Since Chanyeol was still b with anger and could easily destroy the space in which they were both residing. A Phoenix burned but never went out, and if Kai was smart he would know this fact as well. 
 
"Go ahead." Yifan nodded. He could feel himself in Chanyeol's form now becoming his real self. The urge to destroy subsiding. His interest had been piqued causing him to become aware of who he really was. 
 
"You are not alone. I say this all the time and I know you know it already, but there are even more like you but different. And soon they will need your help. I can't stay long but I had to pass the message on." With that, Kai vanished. Yifan had no way of knowing if it was true. But it really made him think. 
 
*
 
"Don't with me." The shorter boy looked up into Chanyeol's eyes. And Chanyeol could see he meant it. A strength hid there behind those large dark orbs that even he shouldn't touch. 
 
"I know we've never been the best of friends," Chanyeol started out. Trying to lighten the mood. One side of his personality replaced with another. "But I know Kai. And he sent me to you. He told me, he told me to ask about your dreams."
 
"He said what?" Kyungsoo bursted out grabbing Chanyeol's jacket roughly. "What did he tell you? What did he ing tell you?"
 
"I wouldn't stand this close." Chanyeol stated, nonplussed. "You never know what could happen."
 
Kyungsoo glared but quickly let go of Chanyeol's jacket. Like he knew what Chanyeol was talking about. Hell, they lived and roamed in the same part of the city. It wouldn't be a secret if the guy had been following him. 
 
"What do you wanna know?" Kyungsoo shrugged. 
 
"Everything." Chanyeol answered quietly. This was going to be a good story if he could trust that guy, Kai at all. If nothing more, just a waste of his time. And time as his true self was always too short. He didn't need to waste it on little boys who liked to punch things. 
 
"You're going to ing laugh. But if you do I'm going to beat you." He added. "I don't care about all that pyro ."
 
"If I laugh, I laugh." Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "I just want to know about the dreams, dude."
 
Kyungsoo hesitated. A flash of what Chanyeol might call vulnerability in his eyes but he hardened himself again. Balling his fists up. "There's this guy. I see him more now than ever. Kai says it because we're getting close to something. But he doesn't know what,"
 
"He said the same to me,"
 
"Yeah, well anyway, the guy in my dream is sitting by the ocean I think. It's a beach. And he touches the sand, and the whole world shakes. I mean the whole dream world. There's lightning and a weird scorpion symbol. Man, I don't even ing know. It's just a dream, right? Why do I dream it so much?"
 
"I know why." Chanyeol felt something click inside. No, not yet. He knew it was the beginning of him changing. It sometimes felt that way. Should he run? He thought, frantically. 
 
"Oh yeah?" Kyungsoo eyed him with a half slitted glare.
 
Chanyeol felt the burning start inside and he knew he had to talk fast. "It's not a dream, damnit ," it was really starting to hurt. So close. "Get in your car and duck down. Tell the guy that comes here next exactly what you said. Hurry. Go!"
 
He watched as the smaller guy run to his car with no hesitation but couldn't see him get in. The flames swallowed him up with the intense but brief pain that always came with the trade. 
 
 
And he arrived in the other place. His other bedroom. Sitting up in bed, he turned towards the mirror to see his other face. The beautifully dark eyes. The blonde hair hanging over his forehead. He forced himself to breathe heavily. To calm down. 
 
His mind raced. Hopefully Kyungsoo hadn't gotten burned up in his wake. Hopefully Yifan would be able to convince him that they really are similar. And what the guy needed to do. And hopefully neither of them would get killed in the process.