Chapter 3 (Luhan)

Story 1 (mama)

 

There. He had definitely felt it that time. A presence. Sure it had only been for mere moments, but he was sure he wasn't going crazy.
 
It had happened before, twice now. That feeling that someone was looking at him, but when he turned around, of course there was no one there. And how could there be? He was the only one who used this practice room. In fact it was an impossibility for anyone to come in while it was in use. So how could he not be alone here? 
 
But still, the feeling haunted him. The eery tickle that made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. Gave him goosebumps. Could he be sensing a spirit? He'd been listening to too many of his mother's stories. 
 
His mother told him all kinds of fantastic stories. Some of them true. Like, him possibly having supernatural powers. Which he found out he had around the age of 10 when he'd stopped his mother's favourite teacup from falling to the floor. If he'd been able to do it before, he couldn't remember. Other stories he doubted. Life in other worlds. On different planets supposedly. Or other dimensions. It had never been clear to him. Something he just couldn't wrap his head around. 
 
Still others she told were that of legend and myth. Something about a tree of life and a red force and others like him. In his 22 years he'd never met anyone else who could levitate objects. It made him proud to be so special but it was also very lonely. If he really was the only one with powers like this, he would probably end up living life completely alone. And he also had no idea what he was supposed to do with the power. Was he supposed to run around in blue tight pants rescuing others from danger? Even his mother didn't have an answer for that. Because legend was just legend. And there was no tree of life or other planet. No red force to defeat. And after all, he was just a normal college student with average grades and a really boring part time job. And a crazy mother who believed in fairy tales. But because he knew he was more than that, he felt obligated to keep an open mind. No matter how rediculous the ideas he had swimming around in his head. 
 
He guessed that was enough practice for the day. He wasn't focusing now and just doing the basics. The weird feeling from before had weighed too heavy on his mind and he couldn't do this when he was only half assed trying. 
 
He lifted the small compartment door on the wall at the edge of the floor and rolled the spheres in and shutting the door behind. He didn't know where they went while he wasn't using them or if other people played with them. Or even if they actually existed. The computer could give you almost anything you wanted. 
 
He opened the door the normal way, never having been able to master pushing the buttons with his mind. The door slid open and he was startled by a tall dark haired boy with even darker eyes standing right on the other side. He held a sword and for a moment Luhan panicked. Maybe someone had found out about him and what he could do. He even imagined for a second that the stories were true and the red force had come to annihilate him. 
 
"Are you done in there?" The boy's voice was soft. He didn't either smile or frown in greeting and his eyes held no emotion. "My usual room is being used." He added. 
 
"Oh." Luhan wished he had something interesting to say not just dumbly staring at the other doors along the hallway. Out of awkwardness he felt he had to say something more. "Nice sword."
 
The boy moved his sword behind his body like he was trying to hide it. Then turned his entire body sideways to let Luhan pass. Obviously not interested in making friends. But Luhan was interested in the guy now. If they both practiced here regularly, Luhan should have at seen him once in passing. He wondered which one was the boy's regular room. And his interest was also piqued by the young age of this guy. Maybe even younger than Luhan. But the boy remained silent and almost irritated in impatience. He stepped forward again beside Luhan and with a quick nod they brushed past each other without another word. 
 
But he kept thinking about the boy with the dark eyes as he made the long walk home. The strange presence from before pushed back in his mind where he'd forgotten about it again.