Chapter 34 (Lay)

Story 1 (mama)

There was a fuzzy feeling that took over his brain during dinner time. Not an unpleasant one, just a sensation of dullness. As if he'd slept too long and now couldn't fully wake up. He was happy, sure. But it wasn't the way he wanted to project himself to the other people at the table. 


He hadn't felt like this earlier as he'd chatted with Baekhyun while the man had gotten dressed and ready to go downstairs. In fact at that time he'd been acutely aware of his attraction to the guy as he walked around for the few minutes he had towelled himself off. Baekhyun hadn't seemed to be ashamed of his ness at all. But maybe that's how he and Joonmyun had been raised. And even though Yixing never really judged anyone's motives for strange behaviour, it made him understand the relationship between the cousins better. 


They had met Joonmyun and Sehun downstairs for a cup of tea before dinner. And even then he had felt okay as they all excitedly talked about things they would have to bring up with Nicolas and Philip as they ate. 


But then, Yixing didn't remember any of the questions and didn't really care about that fact. And it seemed the others felt the same way. Just revealing possible plans they had discussed with the older men. Which wasn't much since they hadn't agreed on anything while they'd been gathered with Kenneth. The cousins still talked about theories. And Sehun had nothing relevant to add. 


And after the meal was over and the two fathers had excused themselves, the four of them wandered off to the library in almost a stupor. 


"I want to watch 'Dr. Science'." Sehun announced to no one in particular as he turned the television set on. Baekhyun settled in beside him. Pressing against his side. They looked so comfortable there enjoying the show as it started, that Yixing just had to smile. There was still something bothering him but now it was fading. 


"So, you and Minseok are getting close." He turned his attention to Joonmyun who blushed a little. 


"Ah.. Yeah. Well, we're communicating alot so..." The other man seemed a little flustered. Yixing thought it was cute. 


"He likes sharing messages with you too. He's really happy these days. I was actually worried for him but I think you've helped him a bit more."


"Oh? Was there something to worry about?" Joonmyun's eyes held concern. 


"Well, in the year I've known him, he's been very guarded. He lost his parents and I know that's part of it, but he's only opened up a bit to me since then. And I can tell that there's more that he's keeping inside." Yixing answered solemnly. He knew Minseok had always had a problem with his power being seemingly distructive. And also about the crush he'd been harbouring for Yixing himself. But since meeting the cousins, Minseok had seemed happier. More confident. He hoped that they could get him out of his shell before they had to put their plans, whatever they would be, into action. 


"Hmm.." Joonmyun didn't respond with much more than the agreeing noise and changed the subject quickly. "So what is the plan? I mean, for us? We have to rescue D.O. and Chanyeol.. uh, Yifan.. right? But how do we do that when Arthur has them under surveillance?"


"I.. don't know." Yixing absently ran his fingers along the spines of the row of books in front of them. "Did your dad say anything important?"


"What? Oh damn, we weren't asking any questions." Joonmyun stated suddenly as if he'd only just remembered. And now that Joonmyun had mentioned it...


"Stop ing touching me." Baekhyun yelled from the couch. 


"Me? You're the one who had his head on my shoulder. I'm not Joonmyun."


Joonmyun paled but he and Yixing quickly ran to the couch to separate the boys after they started hitting eachother.

Baekhyun squirming in Yixing's arms and Sehun kicking away held tightly by Joonmyun, the two looked in eachother's eyes. Yixing could tell Joonmyun was as confused and a frightened as he was. And he sensed the other two's emotions as well. "What the hell just happened?" He wondered aloud. 


Joonmyun, wide eyed, shook his head.