1 year ago (Russell and Eun)

Story 1 (mama)

He had too many things to take care of, he had thought. But now with everything in order, he had time to think of what he was doing. And what it would mean for Minseok. He and Eun had babied the young man for so long. It was so hard not to just continue to do so. But he knew for Minseok's sake, that he had to do this. They had to disappear for a while. He hoped it would make Minseok into a stronger man, but maybe his son would just end up relying on 'Jonathan' too much. It could go either way. The only thing, or person rather, he had faith in was Dominic's son. Yixing hadn't grown up with any coddling at all. His parents had been told what he could do but were not instructed in any way how to deal with the boy. So he knew the young man would be a good influence on Minseok. In teaching him how to take care of himself. Also since he had Dominic's powers, he would be intuitive and kind. 


Russell had been setting things up for quite some time. Placing Yixing and Jonathan nearby the facility they would eventually be working from. 


*


His robot sat in the opposing chair from him looking as comfortable as any human would. One leg up over his knee. Sunk back into the soft material. But comfort wasn't really a trait it could fully enjoy, even with his emotional processor as full as it was. The device only told Jonathan how he should feel in given situations but the artificial couldn't actually experience it. Right now it seemed as though it was telling him that he should view Russell as a long-lost brother and not his maker who was giving him instructions on how to better care for Minseok.


"I don't think it's a very wise idea. Bringing them all together with Kenneth. I know that he wouldn't hurt them. He's got some crazy ideas. But he's had that feud with Arthur for so long, and that might change his thoughts." Russell began his instructions while Jonathan just stared patiently. "With you along, he might think twice. But that's not the entire reason I want for you to go with them. There's something i need you to make him do."


*


They were already in the lab under the house as their car burned. When they held the funeral. They never saw the look of sorrow in Minseok's eyes. Or heard him quietly cry in his room more nights than not. But Jonathan was there. And maybe that was more important to Minseok than the 20 years they had raised him. He had certainly been through a lot in the year that had passed. Eun had wanted them to reveal themselves quite a few times and it had taken all Russell's effort not to agree with her. Minseok was his only real creation. One that had come from his DNA. Making him more special than the works of his own hands. 


But he had held back. The boys would need the time to develop. And he would also use it to perfect his work on the connector that would link every artificial on the worlds.