Chapter 28 (Sehun)

Story 1 (mama)

 

The road was dark and Sehun hummed to himself as he walked so he would feel a little less alone. He dared not whistle the tune for fear that with the way he felt now, he'd end up destroying any house or car in a 100 km radius. He had just disobeyed his parents and took off in the middle of the night. With only his backpack and the little amount of cash he had. 
 
He had no idea where he was going, but he hoped that Kai would find him soon. So he didn't have to be all alone. But he was terrified to think what would happen if Kai never came back for him. What if he thought Sehun had run away from the responsibility of saving the world. As if he chose the life his parents had all these years. He was no coward. He was going to run toward his destiny. Not away from it. 
 
The thought of that gave him a newfound courage for another hour until out of the pitch dark came a light. Headlights. And they followed close before stopping. Close behind him. He got this sick feeling inside as he turned around. A figure stepped out and forward. Shadowed by the bright light. 
 
"What are you doing?" His dad questioned when he stopped in front of Sehun. 
 
I'm leaving." He hadn't wanted it to come out like it had. Like a question. "Will you really tie me up and make me go home? Please don't make me go home." Now he was sounding like a child which was even worse. What happened to his brave resolve? He didn't remember feeling so desperate for freedom. Even in his temper tantrums. 
 
"You know what me and your mother think about getting the forces back together again. But I think it's inevitable. The alignment will happen with or without you, and the others have a better chance if you're with them. I wish none of this would have had to happen."
 
Sehun knew what his father meant and it still hurt. No matter how many times he heard he was an unwanted child, he couldn't get over the pain. He could see their viewpoint. Because without him, there would be no 12. And maybe the powers would have lain dormant on this planet forever, and died out eventually. But then who would have protected the tree? No. He shook his head to clear it. "You're right that I need to find the others. But I have no way to do that. Kai always found me."
 
"Then he can find you again." Louis stated assuredly. "Your powers are like a beacon. Especially to the jumper. Just use it after I'm gone. I'll tell your mother I couldn't find you."
 
"And what if he doesn't come. What if he doesn't come looking for me?" Sehun asked weakly. 
 
"I don't know. I can't help you from now on." His dad turned and got back in his car. As he drove away, he took all of Sehun's hope with him. Now, he had to take care of himself. Not to mention the tree, the other 11 and the whole world.
 
He drew in a breath, wondering if Kai was even awake at this time of night.