Chapter 32 (Tao and Chanyeol)

Story 1 (mama)

"Well I want him back."


Of course he did. Chanyeol and Zitao had been living with a mad-man for weeks now, trying to lay low and not anger Kenneth in any way. But it seemed like they were failing. Every day without Yifan was another day they they had to walk on thin ice for fear Tao's father was going to snap. 


He had spent so much time with Luhan these days, but now that they knew that Luhan's mother was the creator if the drug that was keeping Yifan from coming back, they understood. She had been selling the out. If not on purpose.


Zitao was seriously feeling left out like he always had. His father only caring for Yifan every day that they had been brothers, but he couldn't imagine what Chanyeol was feeling. 


Kenneth had never liked Chanyeol. But Zitao did. The guy was fun and sweet and always trying to lighten Tao's mood. He used to wait for the days that Chanyeol would be with him. And they would laugh and laugh and feel good with life. Feel like they were normal. 


"We all do." Kai spoke up and Tao couldn't mistake the look he and his friend Chen gave eachother. There was something there. It made him wish he was sitting next to Luhan instead of sandwiched in between his father and Chanyeol. He flicked his gaze in his boyfriend's direction where the guy was fussing over his mother. Abigail seemed agitated today. Maybe she hated being around so many people. 


Chanyeol and most of the others knew that Kai had not meant Yifan in particular with that comment. D.O was stuck over there too. Possibly in worse condition than Yifan. And as Chanyeol had been the last person to be there, he was their only link. 


"So then, we have to know our options. Now that I know that you, Kai, can jump between worlds...."


"But he shouldn't be expected to do anything dangerous." Chen interrupted. 


Kenneth frowned. "It's not like I would have made him confront Arthur. He just knows the man. They've had a friendly relationship in the past..."


"Which he made perfectly clear to me was not going to be so friendly next time I show my face around him or D.O ever again." Kai shook his head. 


"Plus, we don't know how those guys are now, right? He," Xiumin gestured to Chanyeol. "said that he was being tortured before coming here and he had no idea where the other guy even was. It's way too dangerous."


His friend Lay touched his arm and spoke softly. Looking around. "I agree that it's dangerous, but it might be the best chance we have. If we can all get over there. He can't stop us. We have the numbers. And we have the forces. We just need a safe place to regroup. And, I think you know of exactly the place." He looked pointedly at Kai.

 

"Well, there is a place..." 


"There is? Where is it?" Kenneth demanded. Brows furrowed. 


"It's on the other world. It's... the palace on that side. Philip and Nicolas..."


"You can't trust them." Kenneth practically shouted. "They worked for Arthur and they probably still do. Getting everyone together there would be like stepping into a trap. One by one the same thing happening to you all as it did to my son."


"Suho is over there. I trust him." Xiumin stated. 


"Baekhyun too. I trust them both. We've been communicating for a while now." Lay added.

 
"But they could be luring you in...." 


"I don't think so. Actually, I know so." Lay answered firmly. "I know you're scared and angry. We're all confused. And I can feel that. And I can tell the intentions of those other guys too. I know they just want to help."


"I think it's a bad idea too. To get us all in the same place too soon. Especially on the same world as Arthur." Kai put in.


Tao wondered if they all felt the same about his father. But Kenneth had been helpful. And the only people he held captive in his house were he and Chanyeol. And now Luhan and his mother. But it still didn't worry him. Maybe the others felt differently. 


"Then, take me first." Lay was saying. "I should be able to guess their intentions if I'm directly in the same room as them, right?"


And it was settled. Lay would be their scout. And if it was safe, they'd all have to jump over. Alignment or not.