Chapter 37 (D.O)

Story 1 (mama)

It may have been the only time in days that Kyungsoo had felt clarity. But he wasn't sure. He remembered a hazy confusion just before this but before that.. who knew?


The dark sky was as familiar as it had always been. The air heavy with a faint drizzle that seemed to fall in every direction all at once. And the damp sand under his toes was cold. "What the do you want?" He could feel the other man's presence already. 


"Is this real?" Kyungsoo decided his dream-boy was incredibly stupid. It was just a dream. But that meant he was the stupid one. He was really the one asking. 


"Yeah, sure. Whatever." He wanted to talk to the guy even if it was just himself. They walked side-by-side but not together toward a large log close to the water and sat down. 


"I'm Jongdae. Aren't you even curious about me?" The frown didn't suit him. Kyungsoo had only ever dreamed the guy with a pleasant, satisfied look. There was no reason he should be pissed-off. Especially here in this place. Where the water lapped softly and there was no wind so everything was perfect. 


"What's to know?" He asked dismissively. "I'm dreaming. All the out there can't get in here." 


"What are you talking about? What are you doing now?" 


What a dumb- this guy was. Jongdae. "I'm talking to you. Well, myself I guess. I'm so ed up."


"No. I mean before this. What are you doing for real?" Jongdae sighed in frustration. 


"This is a dream, you know." Kyungsoo explained slowly. Jongdae still looked at him like a dense puppy. " it." He turned away in order to ignore the other guy. 


"It's not a dream." Jongdae reached out to turn him by the shoulders. A pinprick sensation spread over his skin. Numb and sharp at the same time. And for a second he believed he was awake. But the blurred edges of everywhere but there told him otherwise.


Jongdae looked shocked as he held Kyungsoo's arms. "I can feel that too." He answered as if reading Kyungsoo's mind. "It is a dream, but it is real also." He muttered softly. "Jongin is with me safe in the bed. We're at Kenneth's house. And we want to save Kyungsoo and Yifan."


"Who the are you talking to? Are you crazy?" Kyungsoo felt more than a bit crazy himself but at least he knew he was dreaming. "What is this about saving me and Yifan?"


Jongdae seemed to come back to his senses. "We're all waiting for other friends to rescue you. But.. you need rescuing, right?" 

 

Did he? "Pinch me. You can rescue me if you pinch me. I always do it and I wake up pretty quickly."

 

"I can't get through to you this way." Jongdae growled out and pulled his hands away. "I told Jongin it probably wouldn't work."

 

"You don't know Jongin." Kyungsoo shook his head. "What am I dreaming? He never knows Jongin."


"He didn't want us to meet. He's my boyfriend. He was jealous that we dream together. Like, were soulmates or something."


"Aren't we?" Kyungsoo wondered. "Jongin should be jealous." 


"But aren't you with Yifan?" Jongdae blushed. 


"Yes. I am with Yifan. But he's not really here. He's somewhere else. Somewhere out there." He thought of Yifan's image. The one that Yifan had described and once tried to draw with Chanyeol's clumsy hand. 


"Yes. And so are you." Jongdae tried to explain but he could tell he was failing. He was losing Kyungsoo again to the stupor of the dream. He was afraid he could even be losing himself. And somewhere he lost control and the dream shifted and he forgot all about his conversation with Kyungsoo.