Chapter 10 (Arthur)

Story 1 (mama)

 

"There was another presence at the house today. The sensors picked it up."
 
"And you didn't find out what it was?"
 
"Who it was. And yes. It was a jumper. Like Wesley. We only found out his power when he teleported out of here at the end of the day."
 
"You didn't stop him? Apprehend him?"
 
"He's a jumper. How exactly could that have worked?"
 
"A barrier. You could have set it up as soon as you felt him arrive."
 
"Hey. Don't tell me how to run things. He was with our ing kids all day. Who knows what he said to them?"
 
"You didn't even monitor them? Are you completely useless?"
 
"You told us not to reveal anything specific to them."
 
"Well, now that's all going to change. Isn't it?" Arthur hung up the phone with not another word and sat contemplating his next move. 
 
That stupid kid. Jongin. It seemed that the kid had been bringing together the forces for some time now. He had kept him so close to keep an eye on him, but now that he knew what Jongin had been up to, he knew he had to get rid of the jumper. Like he had gotten rid of his father. And all the others who had suddenly developed a change of heart.
 
As Kyungsoo's father, he felt compelled to protect his son. But also protect himself from what his son could do and would have to do when faced with the truth about their world. It was soon going to come down to kill, or be killed. Arthur was not about to lose his life to a bunch of misfits. Young men who didn't even know how to wield their power. 
 
But maybe that was an advantage he could use. He could eventually manipulate them so that they would work for him. But he had to start right away. And he needed Toshi's help getting the other side on board. That was, if he could ever get ahold of the man. It had been years since he was able to contact the other half. At the time, he'd felt it was a good thing not to arouse any suspicions. Just lay low. Now it filled him with a great unease. He wondered if that Toshi had double crossed him. If he was setting up his own army as Arthur just sat around trying to decide what his first move would be. 
 
 
But the first thing he had to do was get Kyungsoo and Jongin away from the office building. If they went snooping in the wrong places, he would be left with no other choice but to kill them.