Chapter 33 (Baekhyun)

Story 1 (mama)

They were both sullen. Both a bit spoiled but that's where the similarities stopped. Sehun had grown up with both his patents. Lived a good life. Anything he had wanted given to him. And anything he said was what they did. Or at least that's what Baekhyun imagined. Sure, he had gotten everything he'd wanted all the time too but he would have really wanted some parents who were there. Active in his life. He wouldn't have thrown them away for a crush on Kai. That's for damn sure. 


It had been a week since Kai had dropped Sehun into their laps and ran off again. Probably to be with his boyfriend. A fact that Baekhyun was quick to point out to Sehun. 'Kai is taken. Don't kid yourself.' And Sehun had acted even more pouty. His anger directed at Baekhyun personally. As if his telling Sehun had made it real and it wasn't before. 


He would constantly tease Baekhyun about how his power wasn't real. 'What are you gonna do, blind the red force? It's not even a corporeal thing.' Or about his relationship with Joonmyun. 'You guys are sick.'


But despite that, or maybe because of it, they made great sparring partners. Wrestling, fencing.. anything that involved combat in that way, Baekhyun enjoyed doing with Sehun. Because a real person was more unpredictable than a robot. No matter how many scenarios were programmed into the robot, a robot couldn't bleed profusely when punched in the nose. Or get the wind knocked out of him. 


And Sehun fought dirty too. Baekhyun could blind him and get a few extra punches in, but Sehun could pretty much throw him into the air and against the wall whenever he wanted to. It hurt a lot but it was actually kind of fun. 


It was a rare moment for them to be laughing as they left the practice room, heading to their rooms to shower and change and meet Joonmyun later for supper. But they were this time after an impression Baekhyun had made of 'Dr. Science'. A character from a show that both he and his cousin had seen over and again but Sehun was just getting into. When they turned the corner, Kai was standing there. Along with the man on the other side of Baekhyun's mirror. Sehun shuffled nervously beside Baekhyun who could only stare at Lay. 


"Guys, this is Lay. He's going to come stay here for a bit. I can't stay at all, but he will fill you in on the details." Kai left immediately after speaking. 


"Uh..." Baekhyun couldn't get a single word out before Lay reached forward to hug him tightly. Sweat and all. 


"I've been waiting for this moment for so long." He spoke quietly close to Baekhyun's ear. And Baekhyun hugged him back. He'd never thought he would be meeting Lay for real. In real life. It was so weird. And great. 


Sehun interrupted their moment. "He and his cousin are having , you know." And walked away. Obviously hurt. 


Lay and Baekhyun stepped away from eachother awkwardly and Lay just looked at him. "It's understandable. Don't feel too bad about it. By the way, my real name is Yixing. I didn't want to say it over the monitors but now that I know you, I guess it's safe." He chuckled. 


Baekhyun couldn't help but smile back. Yixing just made him feel happy. He wondered if it was part of Yixing's powers.

 
"I gotta get changed. You can come with me and then we could go together for dinner. Everyone should be down there soon." His thoughts flipped to Joonmyun quickly. What would his cousin think if Sehun got to him first? 


"Your father and uncle too?" Yixing asked. "Because I really need to meet them."