20 years ago (Dominic and Kenneth)

Story 1 (mama)

Dominic had never stood a chance. Kenneth was a master of the sword and Dominic had no special ability but to wield a microscopic laser. Or if desperate, a scalpel.


"You broke the rules, my friend." Kennith was using the word 'friend' sarcastically. That was clear. With his sword aimed directly to cut off Dominic's head in one fell swipe, the atmosphere was anything but friendly. "You've been breaking too many of them. Scattering your ability around. Spreading yourself thin across us all. You can't say you don't deserve to die."


Dominic stayed silent. A sign of guilt and fear that he couldn't avoid. Kenneth promised him a quick death as he offered the other sword into his hand. Either he fall upon it like knights of an older world would have, or he would allow his friend to end his life honourably. The only problem was that he didn't think he deserved to die. Kenneth was just being a controlling bastard because now he had everything he'd always wanted. Lavish homes, a son in the making, the power of success as a very wealthy businessman in the city that had been built, in all aspects, for him. He was on top. And in his eyes, Dominic was still a traitor.


"Everything has still worked out well for you." Dominic voiced his thoughts. "Why can't you just leave well enough alone."


"I can't," Kenneth bellowed. "Because you had The Tree hidden. You started the whole conspiracy to steal out powers. To birth your child before us. To give one of our deserters a child of his own. And you knew," he pressed the blade against Dominic's neck and chest. Getting closer. "That they would all have powers. So we will never obtain ours again."


"We don't know." Dominic gulped. "Maybe we won't all have male children." It was a fact. Wesley had created 2 female offspring with Victoria already. Maybe they would stop at that. And Louis and Meredith were completely off the grid. But even though they had been tempted into the power of the red force like the rest of them, they had gone into and come out of stasis in such remorseful, almost suicidal, states that it was unlikely they would ever willingly chance bringing a force into the world. No matter the cost to the tree.


"You won't ever know." Kenneth pressed the blade harder. Drawing a long line of blood down the edge.


"You don't want to do this. There's no coming back from murder. I have a son." Empty pleas filled Kenneth's ears as he angled the sword upward quickly. Detaching Dominic's head from his body. Warm blood sprayed his cheek as he looked away in both shame and disrespect. Then sighed as he gazed up along the wall at the high double doors.


"You've stained my floor." A voice came from behind him.


"I'll pay for the cleaning." He answered. "Just to show my gratitude for helping me find her."


"It's been programmed for his son. And mine."


At those words Kenneth felt the hopeless pit of despair inside his chest. He had wanted it for his own son. A boy that was sure to grow up strong and enviable. The words the other man spoke made him turn around and face him. Eyes flashing. "Then, I will just have to reprogram it. Won't I."