Chapter 9 (Kai)

Story 1 (mama)

 

Sometimes he didn't go anywhere he thought was important. He'd been travelling since just out of childhood and the places he went to early on hadn't seemed to make sense. But then, he hadn't known what he was looking at. Who he was looking for. Had he known, he would have found them. 
 
 
* "Jongin? Where did you go?" His mothers face was weary. Eyes red in a way Jongin knew she had been crying. He knew it hurt her every time he left, but he couldn't control it at all back then. Popping in and out like he did. Being alone in a strange location. 
 
"The ocean. It was nice. Peaceful." It had been. At least better than that awful desert. Or the dark place. That one was scary but he would only ever be in it for seconds so he learned to deal with it. 
 
"You have to stop. Please try to stop going away." She didn't understand that it wasn't something he could control. Any more than breathing. She needed him to stay, he knew later, so that she would stay. 
 
 
One day she was gone. Clothes, jewelry all of it stripped from the closet. He never could find her after. Even when he had honed in his powers to where he could find anyone. It gave him a sick feeling inside. Where could she go that he couldn't get to her? *
 
 
He had only ever seen this place from the outside but he immediately knew where he was. The castle. The one he couldn't have gotten in any other way but this one. Being as heavily guarded as it was. The two boys on either side of him stared at him eagerly. 
 
"Are you here because of what happened with the mirrors?" One of them asked. The one with the angelic face. 
 
Was he? "What mirrors?" He didn't know what else to say. Had they used powers? Is that what had brought him so close to them this time?
 
They looked at each other exchanging an agreement with their eyes. The same one spoke again. "Who are you? How did you do, that?"
 
Jongin wanted to give them a reason to trust him. He had to tell them his power and see if they had any useful ones as well. "Kai," he used his fake name. The one he told to almost everyone. "I can teleport, well anywhere I want I guess. But the same few places keep bringing me to them. Here for example."
 
"You've been here before?" The boyish one's eyes widened. It made Jongin believe somehow these two didn't get out much. 
 
"Yeah. But never inside. It's really beautiful in here." He ran his gaze along the ornate walls. The symbols that began to repeat themselves. "So I'm guessing you have powers too. Or I wouldn't have been able to get so close. So now would be the time to tell me who you guys are." He prodded. 
 
"Baekhyun." The boy blurted out. And the other thought for a moment before giving a name Jongin could guess was fake. Like his own. "Suho." He didn't miss the look Baekhyun shot at 'Suho'. Like envy that he hadn't thought to use a fake name. Or annoyance over the lie. 
 
"So, what are your powers?" Jongin asked. He knew already that this journey was going to last far longer than the norm. If he was right, here was where he would find more answers than he even knew he had questions to.