Chapter 31 (Xiumin)

Story 1 (mama)

Minseok let out a huge sigh. His insides were all twisted up and he wished that he could just ask his uncle to turn the car around. He didn't want to see these people but Yixing had insisted. It could be that Yixing was always so eager to be around people even though he had always been teased and considered an outsider. Maybe that's what made him so desperate for the affection of others despite the hardships he had to face for being a 'freak'.

 
But Minseok himself had everything he needed right in his uncle's house. Contact with the outside at his own leisure. A round-the-clock butler. And the companionship of one of the most intriguing men he would ever find anywhere. Or at least in this planet. 


Sure, he had started to develop feelings for Joonmyun. Waiting not so patiently for the days they exchanged messages. Anticipating as though they were doing something out of a spy movie. With secret codes -literally- and jokes only they would find amusing. He was thankful that his uncle had been built with the knowledge of the mirrors and the book and even the past. 


But it didn't matter anyway. He wasn't meeting Joonmyun today. And there wasn't a possibility of it happening in the future. As far as he was aware. But he guessed that was one of the reasons they were meeting up with the others. 


The real reason he was so anxious was that he was leaving the safe confines of his house. And more so, the barrier that kept anyone from finding them. Joonmyun had told him all about it, and assured him that if they would find a way to turn off the blocking mechanism, that it would be safe for a short amount of time. And they would be able to meet almost instantly. But Minseok wasn't sure he could trust anyone except his uncle -since robots weren't allowed to lie- and Yixing. Who he knew had always been straightforward with him. 


So he'd compromised and gotten in the car. Afraid that what had happened to his parents would also happen to him. And they were on their way to the city. Where the others supposedly lived. He wanted to feel more trusting, but it was hard to do when he felt like they were walking into a trap.