Chapter 23 (D.O)

Story 1 (mama)

 

He knew he shouldn't disobey his father. Not after the look Arthur had given him. The kind of look he remembered his father giving some of his business partners in the past, but he'd never been on the receiving end of it until just then. It was a clue that he was getting close to something big. Something his father would stop at nothing to hide. Like he would kill to keep it a secret. It wouldn't deter Kyungsoo, though. He just had to know what was behind those doors. 
 
 
*
 
"Well, don't die or anything, okay?" Chanyeol joked. Kyungsoo knew he was just trying to lighten the mood but it pissed him off. If he was caught, maybe his dad would do just that. He knew he couldn't put anything past the man now. Kai had warned him to be extra careful and never came around much anymore. 
 
Kyungsoo wasn't certain even with his powers if he could go up against Arthur. "Yeah, you just worry about your own . You're only the lookout but if you see him or anyone else get the out of here." To emphasize the point, he grabbed the leathery fabric of Chanyeol's jacket. "You got that?" He knew he probably had crazy eyes right now but he didn't want anything to happen to the guy in front of him. 
 
"Yeah, man. Got it." 
 
*
 
The room was oddly smaller than it should be but maybe the computer processors were just that big. They did take up a whole expanse of wall. All red and green blinking lights and switches. But he still wondered. Was there another entrance he'd missed somewhere? 
 
He pushed at the wall of computers tentatively, between the spaces where there were no switches and lights. Then a bit harder when he felt a slight give. Was he just breaking the whole damn thing? 
 
The bank of computers shifted inward at one end and he pushed harder. A secret passage? He thought. He knew it! Kyungsoo slipped through the opening and found himself in another room. Not much bigger but completely different. 
 
There were strange mirrors on the walls. 6 in total. Desks that faced toward the mirrors but some just in the middle of the room. A red flashing glow filled the room. It took a minute for Kyungsoo to understand what it was because there was nothing else to indicate it. A silent alarm. 
 
He swore repeatedly in his head and turned to run out if the building. But before he could turn all the way, a painful jolt of something hit him in between the shoulder blades. And he lost consciousness.