Beach Volleyball

진실한 사랑은 기다리는 (True Love Waits)

(Jaejoong’s POV)

I could hear Junsu and Yuri’s voice from downstairs even though I was in my room. I was sitting in the small couch window as I saw Junsu, Yunho, Yuri and ____ walking out of the house. All of them were wearing their swimsuits and were heading down the beach.

I turned to look down at the ring that I had in my hand. It really had a nice message written all over it. If only I could find such pretty ring for her. I sighed and put the ring back in a small box. No matter how badly I wanted to give this ring to another girl, this already belonged to someone else, but who?

I took a deep breath and put the small box on my nightstand and went to change my clothes. When I was ready, I took my phone, and sunglasses before going downstairs. I found SooYoung sitting in the living room reading a book, and decided to sit across from her.

‘’You’re not going outside?’’ I asked.

She shook her head and continued reading. ‘’Not now, it’s still 1:00 p.m. I’ll go later in the afternoon.’’

I nodded and my phone vibrated. When I saw the caller ID, my heart started to beat faster. I opened the message and read it eagerly.

Joongie! I was hoping that we could do something this summer.

I smiled after I read it and then responded immediately.

Hey babe! Sure, but I can’t now, I’m in Junsu’s summer house.

): Jae! Okay, we’ll see each other as soon as you come back, ne?

Araseo!

I put my phone back into my pocket and stood up to leave. We were staying here for three days and two nights –I just hoped that these days would pass by quickly. I really wanted to see her, more now since she’s back from the US. I stood in front of the door, thinking about her. I should buy her a present before going back to the city. Then, the door opened and hit my head. Whoever did it had lots of strength since I fell on my .

‘’Mianhae!’’ A girl bowed. I knew exactly who she was.

I stood up from the floor and pulled the girl back. ‘’It’s okay, don’t worry.’’ I said as I walked out of the house. I didn’t turn to look back, as I made my way down to the beach.

 

(YOUR POV)

We were playing volleyball down at the beach –Junsu and Yunho against Yuri and me. Even though it was boys against girls, both Yuri and I were really good at volleyball so we weren’t that easy to beat.

‘’I’m going for something to drink, do any of you want anything?’’ I asked after half an hour of playing.

‘’DRINKS!’’ The three of them shouted at the same time. I nodded and ran back to the house.

As soon as I reached the front door, I used my last strength to push it open before feeling really dizzy. Unfortunately, I hit someone with the door and he fell on his . ‘’Mianhae!’’ I apologized immediately. It was Jaejoong!

‘’It’s okay, don’t worry.’’ He stood up and pulled me back up before he walked out of the house without looking back at me.

I kneeled down on the floor, and decided to rest there for a few seconds. It felt so good with the door still opened as it let the wind come into the house and with the floor this cold. My breathing was back to normal a few seconds later.

‘’____! Are you okay? What’s wrong?’’

I opened my eyes and saw SooYoung. She looked really concerned. I smiled and shook my head.

‘’Nothing, I was just really tired that’s all.’’ I simply said as she helped me stand up from the floor. I walked to the kitchen and poured some lemonade into four glasses. ‘’Do you want some lemonade?’’ I asked SooYoung.

She shook her head, ‘’Ani. Are you still going to the beach?’’ She asked me.

I nodded. ‘’Why don’t you come with me?’’

‘’Um, maybe later. So what are you guys doing since you came back this sweaty and dizzy?’’ SooYoung asked me.

I smiled. ‘’Nothing, we’re just playing volleyball.’’

SooYoung nodded and went up the stairs. I wonder why she doesn’t want to hang out with us, I thought she get along well with the guys.

I put an extra empty glass, the four glasses and the lemonade pitcher on a tray before going to the beach again. On my way to the beach, I could see a group of strangers hanging out in front of their house. They were drinking beer and having a BBQ.

As soon as I was back in the beach, I saw Jaejoong playing with Yuri and against Junsu and Yoochun.

He’s y…I thought, seeing him shirtless. I sat on our huge beach towel, under the beach umbrella and started to drink from my lemonade glass as I saw them play.

‘’DRINKS!’’ Yunho shouted and ran towards me.

‘’YAH! YUNHO! You can’t just run out of a game like that. We just lost!’’ Junsu shouted.

I smiled as all of them came to get their drinks. I poured some lemonade on the extra glass and gave it to Jaejoong. He thanked me before starting to drink.

‘’Let’s have dinner at the beach tonight.’’ Yunho said as he was looking at the ocean.

‘’Sure, but we’ll have to bring a table down here.’’ Junsu said.

‘’It doesn’t matter, I’ll get it.’’ Jaejoong offered his help.

‘’We could cook.’’ Yuri offered.

I had nodded to all of them, except Yuri. I didn’t know how to cook, yet! SooYoung was supposed to teach me, but we haven’t had the chance even for one class. They started to talk about something else, but I didn’t pay attention to it. I just stared at the ocean and listened to the waves. I loved that sound, and also when it’s raining.

At three o’clock in the afternoon, Changmin, SooYoung and Yoochun came to where we were. I saw Jaejoong pulling out his phone from his pocket, and then he started to walk back towards the house as he answered the phone.

 

(Jaejoong’s POV)

I’ve always liked to see the sunset, but before I could, I got a call from my girl. I told them I was going back to the house to rest; as I walked away I answered the phone.

‘’Joongie! It’s me…’’