The Beginning

진실한 사랑은 기다리는 (True Love Waits)

A/N: The chapters have been edited.


You never know what to expect. Even the simplest life can be very complicated. Ever since that incident happened, I've changed so much.

We had planned on meeting on the bridge at 6 PM. He clearly arrived earlier than I did, since I saw him standing there on the bridge, waiting for me. As I quietly walked towards him, I wondered what all this was about.

"Annyeong ~ " I smiled and stood beside him.

"Finally," he smiled sarcastically. I gave him a slight punch on his shoulder, but he just stood there and chuckled. There was a long, yet not awkward moment of silence. He finally gave up and spoke. "So...What did you do today?"

I shook my head, and looked at the river that was under us. "Hm, nothing interesting...You, huh?"

He smiled and I noticed him starting to blush a bit. I just smiled back, waiting for him to answer. But, instead of talking, he just pulled out a small baby blue colored box with a white bow and gave it to me. I froze, not knowing what to do.

"C’mon, dongsaeng, open it." He said.

I opened the small box and found a beautiful ring in it. It also had a special message written all over it. True Love Waits. I was amazed.

"Whoa ~ Thank you, oppa" I smiled and threw my arms over his strong shoulders.

I was aware that I had tearful eyes, since when I blinked a single tear rolled down on my cheek. It has been two months since Lee Dongmin had died from a car accident. He was my best friend, we've known each other since first grade.

"____," I heard someone call. It was no other than Yuri. "What's wrong, hm? Does your bestie have to punch someone?"

I shook my head and gave her a weak smile. Even though I really wanted to look -and even be- okay, I knew it would be impossible. Anyways, I knew that Yuri was completely alert to what had happened.

"I know exactly what you need." She said smiling, while pulling a chair next to me. You could never know what Yuri’s thinking about, but whatever it was, I wanted to be part of it. I needed to clear my mind, and stop thinking about him.

 

Later that night, I started to get ready at 5 o’clock. I decided to take a bath and wear a short black dress and my favorite black heels. I took two different earrings that matched together and an ankle bracelet. I brushed my hair once again, leaving it straight and loose. Finally, I put on just a little bit of make-up. At 7 o’clock I was already done. There was a light knock at the door, and when I opened it, Yuri stepped in.

"You look ready to go." She said looking at me. She really didn’t doubt on wearing everything y. She wore a short midnight blue dress and tall stilettos. She accessorized with long earrings and a beautiful necklace. "Ready to go?"

I grabbed my purse and just before walking out of my house, I wore my special ring, not knowing where we were going or what was going to happen.