Not Good Enough

He's Back

She had moved to Seoul just a couple of days ago, much to her parents despise. But she was an adult now, and she could make her own choices. And to go to Seoul and visit Howon was something she had saved up for since that day.

Since her parents weren’t wealthy she had to save up her own money if she wanted anything, and at the age of fifteen she got a job in a nearby supermarket. It wasn’t the best payment, but definitely enough for her that when she graduated high school could enter a University in Seoul and thus also moving there.

For five years she had worked as much as possible, on the weekends, after school and on the vacation. Because, being be able to see Howon again was something she could sacrifice anything for, that including half good grades, fatigue and angry parents. Because I knew that one day I would see him again. And when that time came I would have enough courage to tell him.

~~

The small apartment was located in the Kangnam area, in Yeoksam to be exact. It was a high rise gray building. Though my first impression hadn’t really been that great, well the monthly pay was only 1 500 000₩ (1500$) so I didn’t really have that high expectations either. It was a small apartment, only one room and then a bathroom. But on the other hand, it wasn’t like I needed anything bigger since it was only me.

My dad had sent some furniture’s which had already been moved into the apartment, a single bed, a couch, TV and then a table. And even though it was a rather small apartment, I managed to get one with a balcony.
Which also was my favorite place since you could see the sunset at night. And it was also there I spent my first night, celebrating that I had moved to Seoul one my own, and that I where one step closer to meeting Howon.

But my first encounter with him hadn’t really gone as planned, not only because he hadn’t looked at me, but also because he hadn’t reacted when I said my name; Seo Mi Yeon.

And to make everything worse, my first day in school went straight to hell after encountering some of my classmates. I’d been thought by my mother to not judge anyone before getting to know them, and so I’ve been brought up, believing that you need to give the other person a chance. But after that everyone had gotten to introduce themselves, as in what your name was, how old you where, what your interests where and what kind of instrument you played, that of course if you played one.

I’d been accepted to the Instrumental music program, which meant that you’d learn to play your instrument better, for me, that was piano. Which I’d been playing since I was a little child, though I’d added a few other courses, such as composition, writing and English. Since my dream was to become an international composer who wrote lyrics and composed songs for artists all over the world.

So it wasn’t just Howon who had the ‘music’ in the blood. I had too. But I’ve never got the chance to show anyone what I could compose. Not yet at least. But hopefully that was going to change.

Anyhow, the few people (one guy and four girls) that actually were in my class acted like snobs. After getting to ‘know’ them I wondered if I’d made the right choice to come there. But on the other hand, it wasn’t like I came to Seoul to make friends, no. I came because of my dream, and because of Howon.

My mind travelled back to the fan signing event yesterday and my heart did a triple jump by just thinking on him, even though I only saw a bit of his face since he was signing my CD with his name. Well not his birth name; Howon. But with his stage name, the name I’d given him, Hoya.

A special boy needs a special name.

Though I didn’t know that much of the group he was in, well not more than their name; Infinite and that they where seven members. But with him using the name I gave him, that must mean something, right? That he haven’t forgotten me, maybe he was just tired yesterday. I had, after all been one of the last ones to get my CD signed. Yes that must have been it.

I looked to my right and caught sight of the Infinite CD, which I picked up and opened. The picture of the boys where nicely shot. And I could really see the true beauty that Howon radiated, shining through the pictures as I sighed.

*Would it be a bad idea to call Mrs. Lee?* I wondered as I scanned through the pictures and then flapped the disc into the CD player above the bed. I couldn’t deny that their songs where actually good, in fact the word great fit perfectly as well. I shivered as I heard Howon’s voice blast through the speakers and fill up the room with his voice.

“Hm” I muttered under my breath as I flipped my phone up and down, wondering whatever I was going to call Howon’s mother, Eun Seon or not. She must know where he lives. But can I really go to their house? They are idols after all.

“Ahh” I half screamed as I ruffled my hair in frustration. Why did it have to be so hard to just dial and ask her? Because I were afraid that he won’t remember me, and knowing that he completely stopped replying to my letters, calls, text messages and mails about six months after he left.

Maybe he thought that I weren’t good enough for him anymore.

~~

Crappy chapter -_-''