Birthday Party

He's Back

Here I was squeezed in-between Kirin and oldie, whose real name was Kim Sunggyu and also the leader of Infinite. While the other members where seated around the table as well. Apparently the birthday that Tablo had spoken about was Kirin’s. The boy was turning 20, just as I would, in a couple of months.

“Kirin blow out the candles now” the maknae used my nickname for Sung Yeol to call him, which the said boy didn’t seem to happy about. “Yah, don’t call me that” even though his words where directed to Sungjong he looked at me while he spoke, but I decided to just ignore him as my eyes wandered to the end of the table and thus also landed on Howon.

“Why are you staring like an idiot at Hoya?” jackass spoke and I sent him a death glare, he didn’t need to know about Howon and my relationship with each other. Or more like the now nonexistent relationship between us.
I saw how Howon shifted his gaze from the boy he was speaking to and then gazed at me, but as our eyes met he swiftly turned his head back again as he continued the conversation, which sort of ticked me off.

“I’m leaving” I stated as I then stood up and stepped over Sung Yeol’s legs. But further than that I didn’t get since someone grasped my wrist from behind, I glanced back and fallowed my arm with my eyes until I saw that it was Kirin who was holding onto my hand.

“It’s not nice to go when someone’s celebrating his birthday” he said with a small pout plastered on his lips. Maknae, chubby cheek and oldie agreed to Sung Yeol’s statement. Though jackass was quiet and so was Howon and Kenya. “Then go” jackass said and showed of a huge smirk.

**

And without further ado I did as he told me after sliding my hand out off Sung Yeol’s grasp. “Yah, Kim MyungSoo wasn’t that a bit unnecessary” I heard oldie’s voice after that I’d closed the door after me.

As I walked along the hallway I met Tablo who asked where I was going. “I have to get home, my mom called” I lied to him and he nodded once before I excused myself with a bye and then I left. Thought the gaze Howon had given me when he stared at me before wouldn’t leave my mind, it was something that wasn’t right. Why did it seem like he knew how I was?

I decided to just shrug it off and think on something else than Howon for a minute. On my way back to the subway I spotted a store who sold these really cute cameras. Maybe I could buy one to Sung Yeol as a birthday gift, a late birthday gift since I don’t know when I’ll see him next time.

After roaming through the story for what seemed like an eternity I found the perfect one, it was a blue Polaroid camera, it looked a little bit childish, but I don’t think he would mind.

“67 000₩ (65$) please” the lady behind the cashier stated as I picked up my wallet from my bag and fished out the credit card and then slid it into the holder before I pressed in the code. Ugh so much money that disappears, well at least it is for a good cause.

The summer air hit me straight away as I stepped out from the small shop and glanced up on the now descending sun. I felt myself shiver a bit by the sudden attack of a cold wind that enveloped my skin and thus made me freeze.

The train ride home was rather boring, and the only thing I really did was to stare at the people sitting and standing there. When a business man caught my attention and I find myself stare at him, wondering if I should get a job as well. But then my mind snapped and the contract came to mind. I’d totally forgotten that I would be paid for writing and composing songs. Tablo had also told me that I where free to come there any day if I wanted to, which to me seemed like a great deal. I get to play piano and also get paid for it.

Tablo had also told me a bit about Infinite’s concept, of course I knew that all idol groups changed concept for every album they released. But instead of using auto-tune they wanted to focus on the boys’ real voices and talent. I couldn’t agree more, since I’ve started to get tired with all the overuse of auto-tune.

Though one thing bothered me a bit, wouldn’t a piano song be just boring a dull for an idol group to sing?

Well maybe if I didn’t make it interesting.

~~

I sent another sheet of paper flying across the room as the melody didn’t seem right, I’ve been trying to come up with a good intro for the past two hours and yet nothing had worked out my way. Maybe this wasn’t as easy as I thought it’d be. I decided to just give up for today and flapped the TV onto some music show that was on a re-run.

That’s when he showed up again, Howon and then the rest of the Infinite boys, Oldie, Kenya, Chubby cheeks, Kirin, Jackass and maknae. And they where in the midst of ending their first mini album promotions, with she’s back. My eyes where practically glued on Howon the entire performance as tears made their way down and hit my pajama. But I couldn’t hate him for mistake that I did five years ago, with that being, not telling him before he went.

I shut the TV off immediately after that Infinite was done with their performance; I didn’t feel like watching anymore and decided to just go to sleep. This day had been more than enough.

Maybe I could go to Tablo tomorrow and make him help me with composing a new song? Well it wouldn’t hurt to try, and besides I didn’t have anything else to do. Well the only thing I could think of was to give Kirin his birthday present. But knowing that Tablo was their manager maybe they would be there tomorrow as well.

My phone let out a small sound, indicating that I got a new text message; ugh it was probably from mom since she was the only one who could think of sending a text at this hour. Okay, five years ago that Howon was included on that list too but not anymore. I stretched out my arm a flailed around with it since I didn’t bother to open my eyes, but after a second or two when I realized that I couldn’t find the stupid thing I had to.

After opening the message I could see that it was indeed from my mother, she was asking if I’d met him yet. I simply sent her a text with a no as an answer. I know, it was a lie but I wasn’t in the mood to talk about him right now. The reply didn’t wait and she asked me why I hadn’t met him.

‘He’s been busy, but I’m going to sleep now, night’ well that wasn’t a complete lie since idols had a lot of schedule to handle and it wasn’t like they could drop everything they had just to met up with someone.

I placed the phone back on the night stand and closed my eyes as I hoped that tomorrow would be a better day.

~~

I'm sorry for making MyungSoo seem like a bad person. But he'll change, I think hopefully XD