Just One More Time

He's Back

My eyes shot open as someone knocked on the door, I stapled out of bed and wrapped the scarf around my face as much as I could, before I pulled the beanie over my head so I would hide the most of my eyes under it.

“Coming” I rushed over to the door and slid it open, I where greeted by Yeon Ji’s smiling face. She waved her right hand in the air as she said a good morning. I couldn’t deny that I felt gratefulness to have such a great friend. But in two days time she wouldn’t.

“Breakfast is ready” Yeon Ji grabbed my hand gently, but suddenly stopped what she was doing before she looked back at me.

“Aren’t you going to take that off?” she reached out her hand and was about to pull away my beanie, luckily I took a hold of her hand before she got the chance to reach it. “No, I’m freezing” I lied, but I didn’t want her to see my horrifying bruises.

The way she looked at me made me shiver. What if she insisted and pulled both of them away.

Oh god.

“Let’s eat breakfast” I started to drag her long, towards where the kitchen was. I could still remember where it was. Even though it was months ago I last where at Yeon Ji’s house. As we entered the kitchen, both Yeon Ji’s mother and father where seated around the table. I hadn’t met Yeon Ji and Sung Yeol’s father before, but my guess was that it was their dad.

I greeted them both with a bow and hello before I sat down next to Yeon Ji. Both of them looked up from what they where doing and smiled at me. “Oh, you must be Mi Yeon” Yeon Ji’s dad spoke and his smile grew wider. I guess I know where Sung Yeol got his smiling face from.

“Ah, yeh” I smiled awkwardly, god. He had to think I was weird. Sitting her with a beanie and a scarf covering half of my face, but it would be worse if they saw what I where covering up.

“Well, I’ll see you later. Need to work” Yeon Ji’s dad hastily stood up and kissed his wife’s cheek and then said goodbye to all of us. A minute later the door was shut and Yeon Ji’s mother excused herself, saying that she needed to do some errands. Yeon Ji didn’t say much, she just nodded her head and then took another bite of her sandwich.

“So-“Yeon Ji stopped and turned her head so that she was looking straight at me “how was it to sleep in Kirin’s bed?” I smiled a bit as I took notice that she called Sung Yeol; Kirin.

But I didn’t know what to answer on that question. It had been painful. The emotional feeling of knowing that he had grown up in that room, that I had been inside a room that meant so much to him. To be honest, I couldn’t understand how Yeon Ji could leave me there. Most importantly, did Sung Yeol even know that I was using his bed?

I gulped down and turned to look at her.

“D-does he know? That I’m here?” my eyes flickered for a second and I felt how my heart exhilarated just a tiny bit. I saw how she shook her head. He didn’t know. A breathe of relief left my body and I relaxed.

“You need to talk to him”

I knew that, but when? I didn’t have the courage to do so. Not after that he said that it was too late. I had no idea of where the tears that suddenly trickled down my face had appeared from. But what was I going to do? I had never done this before. She looked at me, her eyes showed pity and sadness. I didn’t know if it was for me, or if she was pained because of Sung Yeol’s pain.

“I-I know” I stuttered and then buried my face in my hands and cried some more. And it didn’t take long before I felt her hand on my back, comforting me. Crying was something I had gotten really good at.

After breakfast we had decided to just watch some television to kill time. I had no idea what else she had planned for us. Well, I didn’t really mind being inside and watch television. But it was something that bothered me. It felt as if it was something she weren’t telling me. After some hours of watching TV and playing some games she hushed me inside the bathroom, telling me that I needed to freshen up because she had a surprise for me.

God, what was she planning on doing? Take me to a night club so that I could forget about Sung Yeol and get another boyfriend.
Would she really do that? And besides, what about Sung Yeol, didn’t she say that I needed to talk to him. She’s making me confused.

Once I got inside the bathroom I stripped myself out of my clothes and gently removed my scarf and beanie so that it wouldn’t hurt that much. When the water hit my face I cringed, I couldn’t understand how something could hurt so much.

I wanted to know what she was planning. I weren’t that fond of surprises. They made me nervous and terrified at the same time.

As I finished I quickly wrapped myself inside a huge blue towel, before I quietly unlocked the door and opened it, I waited a few seconds before I stuck my head outside the door and looked around. The whole house was quiet and I couldn’t spot anyone.

After that I had taken all my things I sprinted out from the bathroom and then ran inside Sung Yeol’s room and hurried to close the door behind me. I breathed out as I started to pack down my used clothes in the bag before I picked up a new pair of clothing.
Consisting of a pair of dark blue slimmed jeans, a gray short sleeved t-shirt with a heart printed on the chest. Maybe a bit childish, but I liked it.

And if Yeon Ji wanted to go to a night club we had two problems. I didn’t have any party clothes, plus it would look beyond weird if I covered up my whole face. After that I had dressed myself, I sat down on the bed and reached out to pick up the picture with Sung Yeol and me from the nightstand.

The smile on Sung Yeol’s face caused more tears to build up, and I felt how my throat starting to hurt, no words could describe what I was feeling right now. That smile, I wanted to see it one more time. Just one more time and I will forever live on that.