Tell Him

He's Back

I fluttered my eyes open as the sun was shining through the window, and thus hitting my face. My throat was soar, which was a result of that I’d cried myself to sleep. After that I’d sat up and put my feet’s down on the floor I listened carefully. Just in case I could hear my mother’s snoring. But I couldn’t. I stood up and then tip-toed over to the door before I slowly opened it and stuck my head out, no one.

The whole house was dead silent. I heaved a sigh and proceeded towards the bathroom so I could clean up. I didn’t know what I was going to do today. I had one month to decide whatever I was going back, or else Sojin would transfer me over to a University in Busan.

During the whole shower my thoughts where focused on Sung Yeol. I couldn’t get him out of my mind, my Kirin, who weren’t mine anymore.

As I stepped out of the shower I could hear how someone opened the outer door in hast motion, because the door then slammed shut, hard. A chill ran down my spine and my heart started to pump faster. There was a light silence before I saw how the handle to the bathroom was being pushed down. Luckily I had locked it so no one could enter but it didn’t prevent someone from banging on the door, because that was exactly what happened next.

“Mi Yeon is it you?” it was my dad’s voice, and for once he didn’t sound stressed out. But actually contained and calm. I let my shoulders sink into a relaxed posture before I replied with a faint yes.

Silence filled the air yet again and I hurried to dress myself before I exited and went to the kitchen. As I walked inside I where greeted with a strong scent of newly made coffee. I shivered. I had always hated coffee; it was something I couldn’t understand that people actually drank. It was too strong and plain disgusting.

I jumped slightly when I felt something brush against my shoulder, thus causing me to turn around. And as I did, I spotted my dad just in front of me. He had huge bags under his eyes and his hair was in a mess. I plunged forward and wrapped my arms as much as I could around him, despite that he smelled strongly of sweat.

Tears flooded down my cheeks as I stuttered out a low I missed you to him. I’d always stood closer to my dad, than my mother. Mainly because he understood me better and didn’t force me into doing all kinds of stuff that my mother had done. Plus he had been the one encouraging me into go to Seoul, so that I could meet Hoya. Even though that didn’t turn out that well, but that wasn’t my dad’s fault.

“So, so don’t cry” my dad was comforting me like he always did, and what my mother never did. Sometimes I wonder if she really wanted me. Because she never showed that she did want him. It was always my dad that did so. With presents, comforting words and bear hugs. After a few minutes of comforting I pulled away and dried my tears.

“Did you meet Howon?” dad asked me as he placed himself down at the table with a cup of coffee, which he took a sip from once in a while. I nodded my head and said a faint yes as a reply. By the look of his face, I knew what he wanted to ask.

“It’s complicated, so many things happened” I let out a loud sigh as I sat down in front of him. His eyes pierced into mine as he said that he had all time in the world. I knew it was a lie, he didn’t have time. Either way I began to tell him.

About my apartment, how nice I thought it was, about Yeon Ji, that weird little girl, well she was not little. She was both older and taller than me. And most importantly, the Infinite boys, how they where like brothers to me, with an exception for Sung Yeol and Hoya of course.

“Sung Yeol? I thought you love Hoya” my dad was utterly confused, well I didn’t blame him, because I had been confused as well at first. When I understood that I loved two persons. And not one like most people does.

“I – no, I don’t love Hoya. I thought so too. But no, I love Sung Yeol. He’s the one I love. The only one I want” I think this was the first time I’ve ever been this honest over my feelings for Sung Yeol. I blushed slightly when my dad smiled, “That’s good, that you love someone. But why did you come back if he’s in Seoul?”

My shoulders sank, and so did my heart.

“Because I did something I should’ve never done” I let my eyes wander around, I felt too ashamed to look straight at him. “Do you regret it?” his voice was calm and reassuring. I nodded my head once again. It had been my biggest mistake, to give in for Hoya when I had Sung Yeol.

“Then tell him” my dad reached out his hand and took mine in his and then squeezed it slightly. But I weren’t too sure of what I was going to tell Sung Yeol, and I asked him that. What I could say to Sung Yeol.

“That you love him” he smiled and then released his grip and exited the kitchen, I was taken aback a bit at my dad’s words. In fact, I’d never said those three words to Sung Yeol. That I love him, it had always been something I thought he knew. But with all that have happened. Maybe he thought that I never loved him. That I only played with him.

Without hesitation I stood up and sprinted towards my bedroom and my cell phone.