Tell Me

He's Back

I fluttered my eyes open as the sun was shining through the window. My heart rate exhilarated at the sight of Sung Yeol’s sleeping self so close to me, his eyes where shut and he was breathing in a low calm phase. And his arm was still clinging onto my waist, and to be honest I was happy that he hadn’t taken it away.

My hand had wandered up to his face and I let my index finger slid along his forehead, and then down along his cheek before I ended up at his delicate lips.

Somehow I couldn’t believe that he – Sung Yeol from Infinite was my boyfriend. That I a couple of months ago were a complete nobody, well almost. And now, now I was his girlfriend. Not that anyone knew about it, but still. It was amazing.

I wonder what Yeon Ji will do when she finds out? I highly doubt that she will throw a party or something like that, right? Though, since Sung Yeol is an idol I believe that his fans wouldn’t appreciate my presence in his life.

“Hi” Sung Yeol spoke with a tired voice as I smiled and pinched his nose lightly while saying good morning. A weak smile was plastered on his lips as he leaned in closer, and then planted a small kiss on my cheek. My heart raced once again as heat was rising to my face and thus painting my cheeks in a pinkish color.

“Breakfast” I stated and tried to move myself out off Sung Yeol’s grip, but he didn’t budge and his smile turned into a smirk as he said ‘cuddle’.

“f-food” I stuttered as my brain told me to get out of bed now, but my body wasn’t moving an inch and my heart told me to stay. And when Sung Yeol uttered the finally word, it was settled. He had won me over with one word, one. And that was; kiss.

~~~

A couple of hours later and also late attendance which was Sung Yeol’s fault, totally his and his lips fault, I was sitting next to an ever so eager Yeon Ji who was asking tones of questions about the relationship between Sung Yeol and me. God if she knew that we where actually a pair then she’d probably scream her lungs out. So school was not the best place for her to get to know the truth.

“Tell me – tell me” Yeon Ji sang as she did the ‘Tell me’ dance with her hands. I knew more than well what she wanted me to say, but no. Not now and definitely not here.

“No” I stated firmly as I tried to listen to the teacher who was teaching us how you should breathe when singing. To be honest, I can’t recall that singing lessons was included in my schedule, though it wasn’t something that bothered me that much, since I sort of started to like singing after Tablo told me to.

Anyhow Yeon Ji was bothering me so much that it was hard to recall anything that Mrs. Kim was saying. “Please, can we take this later” I mouthed to Yeon Ji who sulked a bit but then to my relief turned her attention towards Mrs. Kim.

“So I want everyone to pair up, two and two and then I want you to sing for each other and come with critique, though let them be constructive and not mean” Mrs. Kim explained and Yeon Ji immediately shouted out my name. I shook my head and laughed at her silliness. One could easily believe that she was younger than me by the way she acts, because she’s really childish, just like her brother.

I was still not that confident with my singing ability and felt quite uneasy when taking the tone in front of Yeon Ji. But as I was finished she was smiling bright, just like the sun. But the heavy feeling that was weighing down my heart was still there. “OMG” Yeon Ji half shouted and a cold rush of fear shot right through me, I must’ve totally embarrassed myself.

“Where have you been hiding that voice?”

“W-what?” my voice was unsteady and I felt how my heart rate exhilarated once again. And that’s when I noticed that people around me was staring at me wide-eyed. Oh god this is not good.

“Your voice is amazing” Yeon Ji screamed and hovered forward so that she soon was hugging a confused me. I definitely didn’t think my voice was amazing. There are many people with a lot better voice than me.

“Mi Yeon where did you learn to sing like that?” one of the girls sitting next to me asked as she smiled brightly. “I’ve never taken any singing classes” I wriggled my mouth a bit scared over all the attention that I was drawing. It was unfamiliar yet I felt kind of happy that they where amazed by my voice, since it was the first time that I was singing in front of anyone, that besides Tablo.

“Really, you should audition for an entertainment” the same girl spoke and I smiled weakly in response, since I had no intention in wanting to audition for an entertainment since singing wasn’t what I wanted to focus on, it was composition. Okay, I know some artist compose their own music and to close that door now was maybe not something I wanted to do either, well only the future will tell.

The class ended an hour later and an even more confused me was walking towards the subway station, I still couldn’t believe that so many in my class thought my voice was amazing. Somehow it felt like a burden knowing that during the next class, everyone would have such high expectations. Hopefully I wouldn’t shatter those.

I felt how my phone started to vibrate as Infinite’s Come Back Again was sounding, someone was calling me. My heart skipped a beat when thinking that it could be Sung Yeol, but that dream was torn apart when I saw the ID of the caller, ‘Mom’.

With a heavy heart I answered and listened to my mother’s loud voice that was causing my ears to hurt. It’s not like I’m deaf.

“What is it?” I murmured, I know. It may sound really informal and rude, but my mom was probably the last one I wanted to talk to right now. Finally when I was in a good mood she calls. Okay, it’s not like I hate her. She’s my mother after all. I just don’t like the way she treated Howon after that he left. She talked about him like he was a bad person, and when she got to know the reason why I was working so hard to be able to go to Seoul she got even more furious and started to curse and badmouth Howon’s name even more.
So no, my mother and I was not the best of friends.

“What a nice way to greet your mother after not picking up my calls for over a week” my mother replied but she wasn’t angry, because I could hear the sarcasm in her voice. She was probably the easiest person to figure out, unlike Howon. Whose mood could switch in a second, well he wasn’t a blood type AB for nothing.

“Anyhow I called you to tell that I signed you up for Mnet Scandal, it was for the Infinite episode so I thought that you could speak to Howon that way”

She had what, my mother had signed me up for Infinite’s episode of Mnet Scandal, and how can she even know that Howon would be one of the ones chosen to be on the show? And besides, I had Sung Yeol now. Plus, Howon hated me, despised me and wanted me out of his life. He couldn’t get any clearer about his feelings – he didn’t want me.

“Mom how could you do that? Did you even consider whatever I had a boyfriend or not? Did you? You need to call them and tell that I can’t” I said in a firm and steady tone as I pouted. A few seconds later I could hear my mother laugh awkwardly, and that could only mean one thing, trouble.

“Yeah, about that, they told me that you couldn’t pull out”

“WHAT?” I screamed and thus also causing the people around me to stare. What had she done what if I really was chosen to be on the show, and moreover what if Howon was going to be my fake boyfriend? God, please let my fake boyfriend be Sung Yeol if I ever get chosen, I begged in my mind. Hopefully he would listen to my pray, hopefully.